Dentist's are they a rip off..

stuss

V.i.P Oakley connesuir
TK Supporter
As the title suggests are dentist's taking liberties...
Used same same dentist for about 10 years . I genuinely look after myself. Including Teeth,

Check up today.. £22.50
Live with that..then would I like my teeth whitening. My teeth are whiter than episode of friends with Ross..
I declined the offer £299
I have 1 filling 1 crown..

Dentist enquires would I like my crown replacing ? I asked why.
Dentist said I have good teeth spoilt by my crown..,
(bottom rear).. so unless you want me to shout. Totally invisible..
Price for implant £1,900. I cheekily replied for a set.. Nooò
Per tooth..
Not only was I misinformed, but the dentist contradicted herself on two occasions, I opted for scale & polish £49.00

Rant over

Think most dentists are self-employed
So they got to make money lol.

My dentist is always 20mins late even if your the first of the day

They are no better in Germany.. i paid 1400€ for a crown that fell out 3 times in 3 weeks.. he then said i´ll have to change it.. cost was another 700€ so i told him to lump it..

Sounds like your dentist is in need of a few quid, probaly trying to get his mortgage for his mansion paid off this year and get a few family holidays to the Caribbean paid for, heh heh.

Sounds like your dentist is in need of a few quid, probaly trying to get his mortgage for his mansion paid off this year and get a few family holidays to the Caribbean paid for, heh heh.
She drives a M5...so not short of a bob or 2...

those do sound expensive.in canada this winter i got one crown done,.1300$ cdn.another 300$ to clean them.a consult was 50.00$.in all fairness i havent had them cleaned in over 40 years.lol.am i happy?hell ya.gotta have one more crown and a couple of fillings done when i can afford it.

If you check the NHS charges scale, a scale and polish is included withing the £22.60 band one work. The dentists are ripping people off because they never do the scale and polish these days.

If you check the NHS charges scale, a scale and polish is included withing the £22.60 band one work. The dentists are ripping people off because they never do the scale and polish these days.
The hygienist did the after work
Scale, pressure washed underneath of my gums. And a decent polish, I never questioned the bill. I dare not ask for a breakdown of the bill...as my next visit i can here my dentist asking
(is it safe)

(Marathon man) torture scene.

Last edited:
On the NHS in the uk earlier this year my dentist did me a crown at £250.00 once he it did it at the bottom the top on the same side then needed a crown but as the original was under warranty and it was the same side he did if for free.

Thank god I've an NHS dentist. Crown was around £120. Checkup is only £6.60.

She still manages to drive a new Mercedes 4x4 every 12 months.

Yup the price of dentistry here in the UK is extortionate. The actual crowns cost £20 tops and its not like the dentist takes hours to fit one should be no more than a ton tops and that's with a white crown not those ugly silver things. Can go to Poland and get fabulous dental treatment, have a weeks holiday in a 5 star hotel, flights there and back and still have money left to spend compared to the same treatment in the UK.

Yup the price of dentistry here in the UK is extortionate. The actual crowns cost £20 tops and its not like the dentist takes hours to fit one should be no more than a ton tops and that's with a white crown not those ugly silver things. Can go to Poland and get fabulous dental treatment, have a weeks holiday in a 5 star hotel, flights there and back and still have money left to spend compared to the same treatment in the UK.

I've no doubt the price of denistry treatment abroad can be less expensive than in the UK (like a lot of things) but can I ask, have you actually done this, went across to Poland for dental treatment?
My worry would be if there's any complications after the treatment, I mean, it would be a long way to go for any remedial work. Mind you, remedial work is something which is very closley associaled
with the word NHS, you only need to ask a dentist the difference between say NHS dentures and private.

The dentists are all qualified and highly skilled as good as if not better than those in the UK, it's just the pricing that differs.

What annoys me with crowns/fillings is that my dentist is blatant in basically saying "I can do NHS and make it look shit but for a grand I will make it look good"

When asked how much longer it would take privately was told no extra time. Then asked him what extra costs there are for materials he just smiled .

So basically and extra 950 quid for him

Back