Did not know

The average Monthly wage in India is £150…. And they don’t care too much about EPL/F1. But yeah it’s dirt cheap.

On the topic again I don’t get why more people who are scared to learn or scared in general to use a different grey market method don’t just go for a better ‘legit’ route.

For example Now TV provides all Sky Sports in 50fps at full HD. If you currently split between 3 people you can pay a tenner a month each….Least then you’re going legit with less chance of downtime. Much better than Sky’s deals!

View attachment 66897

I still think it comes down to people just can’t be arse. They enjoy the convenience and stability of Sky more than worrying about getting ripped off.
Good deal that

Good deal that

I get we can get better deals etc. However, for people who swear by going legit wouldn't that make more sense rather than paying 4/5/6x for the same legit service.

It's like you want to get the latest Air Max and Footlocker is charging £95 but a Outlet is charging £55. Yet, you'd rather go direct to Footlocker for the same trainers. The mind boggles.

You both go on about big corpse ripping people off of their money but it’s ok for everyone else to rip the big companies off!!!!
Not complaining or having a go but it’s a bit of a joke imo as people say these big companies ie sky bt can rip people off as you put it but it’s ok for us to watch their channels via iptv and multi sats and you both have iptv and rip them off 😁😁😁😁

Goes round in circles.

I ain't ashamed to admit I'm stealing from these cants. Don't feel guilty about it. If they set fair prices for their products and services then may be piracy would see a decline. Just my opinion of course which I'm sure will be twisted.

Goes round in circles.

I ain't ashamed to admit I'm stealing from these cants. Don't feel guilty about it. If they set fair prices for their products and services then may be piracy would see a decline. Just my opinion of course which I'm sure will be twisted.

I have a feeling mate if Sky Sports/BT Sports and Netflix was a complete package for £2.50 a Month you'd probably still refuse to pay it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have a feeling mate if Sky Sports/BT Sports and Netflix was a complete package for £2.50 a Month you'd probably still refuse to pay it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I generally wouldn't.

If price is affordable then I would support that company for that legit service.

Do it with a few services already.

But I'm a "cheapskate" "tight" as certain individuals like to class me as.

I generally wouldn't.

If price is affordable then I would support that company for that legit service.

Do it with a few services already.

But I'm a "cheapskate" "tight" as certain individuals like to class me as.

Only messing mate. If it was affordable a lot more people would go the legit route.

I get we can get better deals etc. However, for people who swear by going legit wouldn't that make more sense rather than paying 4/5/6x for the same legit service.

It's like you want to get the latest Air Max and Footlocker is charging £95 but a Outlet is charging £55. Yet, you'd rather go direct to Footlocker for the same trainers. The mind boggles.
I actually would do that 🤣🤣

Only messing mate. If it was affordable a lot more people would go the legit route. It's annoying everything has to be bundled too. It be good if you could pick subscriptions for exactly what you want. My Uncle just watches the footy. Yet he pays for 11 Sky Sports Channels....

You and stuss mentioned India and your spot on the price they pay for their services their is ridiculous and they joke the insane prices we pay here compared to there.

Few of my cousins there work in IT and have good salaries so for them such services is peanuts and even those I know living in rural areas can afford it which say 20 or so years ago was unthinkable.

What does he actually use bud as that sounds a bit mad if not iptv
He has a legit sports package off vermin for £16 a month with sd quality. Personally I see the TV as a nice to have if it all ended tommorow I would just have plex sub and pay for ppv boxing

He has a legit sports package off vermin for £16 a month with sd quality. Personally I see the TV as a nice to have if it all ended tommorow I would just have plex sub and pay for ppv boxing
Big IF if indeed all ended.. Which is very very unlikely.

But you will have other ways to get access to such services without paying high l prices and going legit.

Better then a kick in teeth bud pic quality maybe shite but most people arnt fussed as long as they are watching sports ect

The average Monthly wage in India is £150…. And they don’t care too much about EPL/F1. But yeah it’s dirt cheap.

On the topic again I don’t get why more people who are scared to learn or scared in general to use a different grey market method don’t just go for a better ‘legit’ route.

For example Now TV provides all Sky Sports in 50fps at full HD. If you currently split between 3 people you can pay a tenner a month each….Least then you’re going legit with less chance of downtime. Much better than Sky’s deals!

View attachment 66897

I still think it comes down to people just can’t be arse. They enjoy the convenience and stability of Sky more than worrying about getting ripped off.
Looked at this other day ...thats a banging deal if you split 3 ways ...if you were looking at going legit

I'm a proper footie fan and a sports fan, if there wasn't this culture of averagely performing footballers and racing drivers being paid ridiculous amounts of money, maybe the TV companies wouldn't have to pay so much, it doesn't start and finish with the likes of sky, everybody plays their part

I dont get all this "India is peanuts for sports ect... its a poor country so the average wage is 200/300 a month, so there tv is cheap otherwise who's going to afford it, in regards to the UK, its a rich country with decent wages, how is it a rip off? Vermin full package is

Full tv package
600gb broadband
Phoneline
Sim card with unlimited everything
2 vermin boxes
90 quid a month

How is this expensive ?? And 100% I agree with @TheSource.... it could be 20 quid a month and some on here would still cry about it, if 90 quid a month for all that is "being ripped off" by the likes of sly and vermin then my god you MUST IMO moan about everything you buy in life, you can't compare the prices in India and what the people of that country have to pay compared to the UK its actually embarrasing and ridiculous 🤣🤣🤣 if you wanna pay that, f### off to India then and let us know how you get on over there compared to your standard of living in the UK👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
it's not a rip off if millions of people will happily pay for it.

it's not like some of the upfront costs the broadcasters pay are unknown - the shell out billion or so for each year.

the cameras and tech

the talent presenting

the infrastructure

the technicians etc

what is a fair return for that investement?

well millions feel the prices charged ar worth it - they'd likely pay more [it would be a remarkable coincidence if the price exactly matched the value offered to customers]

if it's not worth it to you, fine.

but in a voluntary market there is no rip -off. people have other options

I dont get all this "India is peanuts for sports ect... its a poor country so the average wage is 200/300 a month, so there tv is cheap otherwise who's going to afford it, in regards to the UK, its a rich country with decent wages, how is it a rip off? Vermin full package is

Full tv package
600gb broadband
Phoneline
Sim card with unlimited everything
2 vermin boxes
90 quid a month

How is this expensive ?? And 100% I agree with @TheSource.... it could be 20 quid a month and some on here would still cry about it, if 90 quid a month for all that is "being ripped off" by the likes of sly and vermin then my god you MUST IMO moan about everything you buy in life, you can't compare the prices in India and what the people of that country have to pay compared to the UK its actually embarrasing and ridiculous 🤣🤣🤣 if you wanna pay that, f### off to India then and let us know how you get on over there compared to your standard of living in the UK👍🏻👍🏻
The Indian IT guys i worked alongside with were on western wages, ..

Back