Did not know

Look at China where all the iPhones are made most working class people can't afford one.

The rich do very well but like most of these countries there is no middle ground.

Wealth distribution and policies in those countries especially in India is why poverty is still a massive problem there.

I don't want this to turn in a political debate but if the government there focused on the people and putting the right policies forward then not some but majority of people there would flourish.

Tourism is a massive sector there and many beautiful locations, architecture, etc to been seen by foreigners for them to really take advantage of. Hell Kashmir is considered heaven on earth with how majestic and beautiful it is.

As Mike said people don't realise what they have they would prefer to just moan about other stuff

Great healthcare
Good educational system
Good wages
Strong economy
The list goes on

Constructive criticism and moaning are different thing imo.

I agree on those points you made and why the UK is still a sought after place for many.

When I went I wouldn't say it was beautiful at all quite the opposite actually,

I thought it was overcrowded
Streets were littered with poor sanitation
Kids missing legs on the streets who I might say were the most happy Children I've ever seen, they are the real victims, kids the UK don't know what they have until its gone. My expiernce was a terrible one, I got sick aswell over there ( doctor said it was from handling the money over there)

When I went I wouldn't say it was beautiful at all quite the opposite actually,

I thought it was overcrowded
Streets were littered with poor sanitation
Kids missing legs on the streets who I might say were the most happy Children I've ever seen, they are the real victims, kids the UK don't know what they have until its gone. My expiernce was a terrible one, I got sick aswell over there ( doctor said it was from handling the money over there)

Sorry to hear about your experience and everything.

Travelling varies for everyone some love and some hate the same place.

I just have gone from what my friends and relatives have said from there travels there.

I can't really comment much on travel myself as I haven't left the UK shores in my life.

Sorry to hear about your experience and everything.

Travelling varies for everyone some love and some hate the same place.

I just have gone from what my friends and relatives have said from there travels there.

I can't really comment much on travel myself as I haven't left the UK shores in my life.
It will open your eyes. I would choose UK evreytime.

I have no desire to go around the world or to travel.

I'm the complete opposite of my brother who has travelled around the world..

I am happy being the same spot I have been for 30+ years
Why don't you want to travel? Is that just something you've never wanted to do? My advice would be to go for it but obviously i don't know your circumstances ect....

I worked in a foodbank for 6 months seen poverty at its lowest, as for jobs, I have neighbours in their 60's who cannot work due to illness, they dont have a choice. Heat or eat.
I would check with someone in there 60s there may be some benefits they can Claim speciallyif they have poor health.

I love my country, but my country no longer loves me. A pensioner having to choose between heating or eating is barbaric
You could look at it another side tho, what did that person do for work? Did they do well to get a good job? Have they put themselves in that position where they have to choose between heating and eating? People don't think about it when there young.

Indians are renowned for keeping bank notes up their bottoms for safe keeping.
Seriously
No wonder i was sick 🤒🤒

Why don't you want to travel? Is that just something you've never wanted to do? My advice would be to go for it but obviously i don't know your circumstances ect....

I just dont have any desire that's all along with a few other reasons.

My family and relatives have asked me to go to India and Pakistan but honestly I don't think I ever will and not because of the reasons stated on here.

Kenya if my parents want to then maybe one day I may go there.

But going on holidays abroad has never been something I really ever have wanted to do quite frankly.

Shame the UK isn't a hot climate country it would be madness here with tourism. Give me lanzarote any day of the week. I hate the cold weather tho. Sit me down in 30 dgree heat all day and I'm happy
I took the opportunity when gifted and chose to work in the sun.. Good and bad.
Bad being I finished my last 2 years in freezing North Sea.

You could look at it another side tho, what did that person do for work? Did they do well to get a good job? Have they put themselves in that position where they have to choose between heating and eating? People don't think about it when there young.

Last edited:
I have seen the other side of food banks. The person goes in collects there stuff and sells it to the guy down the road.

People on 40k a year pleading poverty and going to the church food bank becaus they give food out of kindness no questions asked.

Back