Dogs & Fireworks

Kaspas4450

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Is anyone else's dogs not really bothered about Fireworks? I have a 7 year old American Bulldog, and since a puppy he has never been bothered at all about any type of Firework, he can go walking of an evening with Fireworks and rockets going off all over the place and he is not bothered one little bit. I have seen posts on social media sites where dogs are really really scared, panting and getting into such a state (which is not good for them or their owners/family), I hate seeing it. But I am just wondering...........Is my dog abnormal/in a minority?

We have 2 one isn't too bothered till they get loud the other we have is a nervous wreck. We have wrapped her blanket around her. She managed to go out in the garden when it settled down till they started again.

It must be a nightmare for the owners, not knowing what to do to make their furry family members feel safe, it is so stressfull for those that can't stand the noise and flashes, and potentially life threatening. But my dog just doesn't give a shit....

I am also intrigued to know, not being/never have been a cat owner, do some cats also suffer with Fireworks?

My dog's very restless with the fireworks going off. Thankfully there hasn't been a weeks worth of them like some years, only tonight so far. Classic FM have got a thing for pets to listen to tonight and tomorrow to distract them. I feel sorry for farm animals and wildlife, not a lot can be done to distract them.

I have heard something about that Classic FM @pupuqiop have you tried it, and does it actually work? Not that I need it, but it may help others!

Just imagine what the pets in La Palma are into over there , shaking rocking and bright lights +bad smells.

Volcano sounds and smells , free ash + free earthquakes

Just imagine what the pets in La Palma are into over there , shaking rocking and bright lights +bad smells.

Volcano sounds and smells , free ash + free earthquakes
I know, you are right, but that is a natural disaster, and there is nothing really (apart from those Ninjas that saved them) that we can do about it. Fireworks are 'man made' and we/they/the government can do someting about it. After all our pets are our family, and we suffer/grieve when they leave us.

Annie went to bed @ 5.00pm tv on loud, absalutely terrified. Mrs, gets an excuse, to txts ne every hour, to bring her a cuppa.

My Dog is not bothered about fireworks,The Music in the house is louder than fireworks,All my dog wants to do is sniff other dogs arses and then he is happy

Back