Dogs & Fireworks

I forgot to mention, alhough he doesn't give a shit about fireworks, if a large plastic bag is stuck in a tree and blowing in a strong wind, he is shit scared, if the farmer has been out and bailed up hay and left the bail's in the field he will, near enough 'tip toe' around the edge of the field, keeping both eyes on those dangerous bails:LOL: He is a 7.5 stone soft shite, but I love him to bits.

Last edited:
They finished early tonight in my area normally they go till 2-3 am They stopped around half 10. There's still a few going off but not many.

It must be a massive strain on their systems, just be easy with then over the next few days, but known some of the bellends around it may be a couple of weeks, that you may have to be easy with them.

A few weeks? Dealers round the corner let them off all year round to let people know they have a new supply lol. Just not as many at the same time.

The dogs haven't been too bad just one that needed cuddles other was ok just didn't like noisy fireworks

Last edited:
Ohh dear, what a bunch of twats, let your dogs shit outside their front gate every day for months......................., mind I don't suppose they bother much with shit being dragged through their house, week after week!

Well the effing Fireworks have started again, and as I previously mentioned, my dog just doesn't give a shit about them. But my heart goes out to all you owners that have dogs that fear them with a pssion.

They seem to be a lot louder this year, (I suppose that is advancement) but still does not help those pets that suffer :disrelieved:

My dog had always been brought up round fireworks so didn't really bother him when going off.
He used to come outside with us and lay in his kennel or sit at side of people and kind of watch them.
Some animal lovers buys some calming stuff and you just put it in there food a week before bonfire night and it chills them out

Baz, I have seen the amount of Fireworks you have/had............ they would scare an effing T Rex!

Have you let them all off now or are you saving some for the New Year?

Not at all I am I saying that people shouldn't use them, far from it, go for it and enjoy, I just feel for those pets that suffer

Baz, I have seen the amount of Fireworks you have/had............ they would scare an effing T Rex!

Have you let them all off now or are you saving some for the New Year?

Not at all I am I saying that people shouldn't use them, far from it, go for it and enjoy, I just feel for those pets that suffer
Yep I do spend a bit on fireworks (lol) which from not going on holidays ect during lockdown I split what I had saved in my savings on Christmas and bonfire night.
They was all set off lastnight bud but will have more for new year and I will honestly say I buy loud 1.3g barrage rockets ect.

I feel for people who have pets that suffer our 2 kittens was petrified lastnight but all we did was put a night light on and tv on for them and was playing every time we went to check on them.

The way I see it, fireworks have been around much longer than anyone's current domestic pet so there's not really any grounds to complain, as upsetting as some owners find it. If I had a pet that was really distressed by them to the point it wasn't manageable at home I'd look for a very secluded cottage/holiday home to rent for the week.

The way I see it, fireworks have been around much longer than anyone's current domestic pet so there's not really any grounds to complain, as upsetting as some owners find it. If I had a pet that was really distressed by them to the point it wasn't manageable at home I'd look for a very secluded cottage/holiday home to rent for the week.
Same as I’ve mentioned in a previous post there is some herbal calming stuff for pets it’s not only for fireworks it’s for travel as well.
My parents give it their dog when they travel or on the build up to bonfire night and there dog will just do it’s normal stuff ( be fekking lazy)lol

No No, I am not complaining at all @pupuqiop I would never complain, I have no grounds to complain, my dog is fine with them and as @bazcfc1 has already said there are a number of remedies that can be tried on pets and I am led to believe most work, albeit different remedies for different pets, but that is the same for us, what works for one will not necessarily work for someone else.

I agree, somewhat,
but, domestic pets have been around a lot longer than any sort of fireworks,
as for the bit in bold, do you have any fireworks that arent current.?
or have you some saved from a few thousand years ago.?

our own dog isnt so much scared by them, as barking at something different,
FFS, he barks at a new delivery van at the opposite end of the road,!!!!!!
it doesnt seem to be the noise that bothers him so much as the flashes, so we try to keep him in a room that he cant see any from, but obviously he needs out at certain times to do his business, then he kicks off and doesnt want to go in again.

Back