Doner kebab meat

Looked at the receipe, dont buy the:

• ½ teaspoon of dried italian herbs
A doner is traditionally Turkish and Arab by nature with greeks having their gyro. Pretty certain they dont have a bottle of Italian herbs in some village in Turkey named Doner where the kebe was 1st made lol.

I'm sure it adds to the taste, but try find an authentic receipe. Its like the Indian take aways, travel to india pakistan etc no one knows wat a rogan josh is lol...always prefer authentic food....

P.s if you want a shawerma taste, add cinnamon!
Agree, wifes mates who mum dad grand parents are from India taught her to cook. The curry she makes is like a watery onion based type soup . She said her grand parents said they were very poor so most dishes were soup like so you can fill up with nan type bread to dip.
And believe you me when I say its bloody gorgeous, packed with flavor!

I'm a gas catering engineer, had because i'm gas safe registered, i automatically get a copy of the "GAS ENGINEER MAGAZINE " None, it covers a lot of gas issues, but it also covers other issues, especially catering establishment " restaurants/hotels/pubs & Carry-out food premises " Now, the Health & environment guys" decided to pick 10 random samples of Doner Kabab meat from the Bradford & surrounding area, Now out of the 10 samples, they could detect what meat was in the samples, apart from 1, They stated that they have never ever came across any meat that they could never ever identify until now, 1 of them just couldn't be establish what it was....... so... be very careful from where you get your Kebab from......emoji_clap

Yep wouldn't touch doner kebab from any shop. What goes in them put me off years ago.

Im sure there's a few which are legit what they sell but personally if can make it yourself always best choice first and foremost.

Back