Drones.. DJI Spark.

stuss

V.i.P Oakley connesuir
TK Supporter
Just a quick question does any one fly drones.. if so what make. Mine is just slightly more than entry level..

Thought about getting son one because theres so many to pick from with different prices etc and can imagine theres some really expensive ones aswell but son was convinced he wanted to fly a real plane lol

IMG_0039.JPG

I coudnt compete with that like..As much as I would like one..

The dji spark is great fun.
Only drawback is battery life. 10 mins hammering it. or 15 mins flying sedately .. video is in 1080 . User friendly.

Bloody hell didnt realise battery life was that bad because i bet they are great fun to fly and video pic footage a bonus :(:(y): if you get chance to go up in a cessna their dead easy to fly which really suprised me and son said to me can we keep it dad lol £125 a lesson dont think so lol

Bloody hell didnt realise battery life was that bad because i bet they are great fun to fly and video pic footage a bonus :(:(y):

Video footage is wicked. I bought the spark as it has a rtb ( return to base)

If in difficult press the button.

I use 3 batterys on a afternoon 2 are supplied with the unit. Syncing the unit to remote is solved with otg cable I don't trust wifi once over 800 metres

I got a fly by for my 40th . Took pictures of my home had a play. Gotta be honest I was scared

Yeah i bet you can get some spectacular footage from the camera etc i was at Raf waddington a few months ago when one of their drones was taking off from the bunker and thought it was going to be really loud but it was about as noisy as the average hairdryer :(y):

IMG-20180703-WA0003.jpg

Watch this on tv next week should be spectacular to say the least

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen some pro drones. But it's a learning curve. Start cheap then work my way up. As I live near the sea the scenery changes constant.. I had great fun with this drone . Not ever crashed it. It's hard to right off a rtf.. pro drones are a different ball game..

The battery life is what puts me off buying one of these, I couldn't see me flying one for 10 minutes, then either putting a new battery in, or going home to recharge, it would do my head in.

I have flown drones before.. this spark is very good .But for a days flying you need 5 batteries.. but agility and ease of use is perfect .once calibrated.
Best fun I have had in years. ..

Wouldn't a petrol helicopter get you similar experience with more flight time as you just top it up with petrol?

Wouldn't a petrol helicopter get you similar experience with more flight time as you just top it up with petrol?

Hello m8
I built a helicopter. 2006. Lots of faffing about and 6 weeks to build
I didn't use a cage to stop the blades touching the ground on take off..

It ended miserably .. I never had the heart to try again..

had a bebop 2 then sold it to a friend who is into metal detecting, he uses the drone to target better detecting zones backed up by old online maps with google overlay, the short flying time isnt an issues when used like this, has helped my friend locate some nice finds... best so far is a posey ring worth 6k that he gave to the land owner to prove its the detecting/finding that he likes rather than the value of his finds.

Yeah but you cant throw a phone in the air to get some spectacular footage and i bet most documentary programmes nowadays use drone for footage that otherwise would be impossible to capture :(y): a drone was used a few weeks ago to rescue a dog in a river that got lost and narrowed down the search drastically thus most probably saving its life

Yeah but you cant throw a phone in the air to get some spectacular footage and i bet most documentary programmes nowadays use drone for footage that otherwise would be impossible to capture :(y): a drone was used a few weeks ago to rescue a dog in a river that got lost and narrowed down the search drastically thus most probably saving its life

Using a drone near the sea or countryside. You get to see things you would never see on foot or with a normal DSLR It's called a hobby . Police used drones @ grenfell. park rangers used a drone recently to spot fire. On saddleworth.

Back