DsayersBuild Dsayers OpenATV 6.2 backup

Yep, tried that :(
Just wiped the box and done a fresh install and about to set it all back up, see if that makes a difference :)

ok, so got a C Line, popped it in, channels cleared instantly. VERY glitchy, but thats probably due to it being a cheap test line from ebay, but thats fine as it was just to check if it worked or not.

So that pretty much rules out a lot of stuff, networks fine, channel list is fine, netid etc is all fine, signals fine.

I know the N-Line is fine as tested it on another box.

Anyone got any idea what it could possibly be, I'm thinking it has to have something to do with mgcam? I've also tested it on different builds and getting the same every time.

EDIT: Also put the C line into oscam and it works perfectly, no glitching, so think I might just do that rather than mess about any more with N Lines :(

Last edited:
Sorry there should be no reason for it not running if networks fine, netid is correct and lines active.

Have you tried a software update as I think ATV have been making more changes to cams.

Anyone got any idea what it could possibly be, I'm thinking it has to have something to do with mgcam? I've also tested it on different builds and getting the same every time.

EDIT: Also put the C line into oscam and it works perfectly, no glitching, so think I might just do that rather than mess about any more with N Lines :(
have you tested the N line in oscam?

If it works then it would suggest the mgcamd cam on your box is the the issue, if it doesn't work in the oscam file then it would suggest something else

Have you tried a software update as I think ATV have been making more changes to cams.
Oh no not again

ok, so tried it in oscam_stable and worked perfectly. I don't understand how mgcam can be corrupt though, I've tried upgrading to 6.3, exactly the same happened, back down to a clean build of 6.2, wiped everything, and I even deleted the mgcam files before doing it so I could be sure of the file being the untouched one from the image!

Presumably theres no problem using oscam so I can just use that?

Thanks everyone for your input

Yes using oscam is fine. Odd why it isn't working with mgcamd I'll have a look at my h2h backup over the weekend as it's upstairs not connected to VM at the moment

ok, still having no luck with this :(
Network is fine, showing green when I check and tested again by re-downloading the image so no connection problem.
NetID etc is set correctly for my area
Have tested with 2 different lines, and also tried using a C Line, just blank screens. Checked one of the N lines by putting on another box, worked fine.
Freeview channels are fine, using only VM channel lists so not getting mixed up with Sky or anything.
Tried reflashing, still the same
Anything else I can try :(
This is the correct format for the N line isn't it?
View attachment 40909

If theres anything else I shoudl be checking can pop photos/screenshots up if it will help :)

Your line is written wrong.
You have it starting CWS :
It should be CWS =
Also make sure it is saved exactly as newcamd.list with no other extensions.

Please avoid doing software updates.

Autobouquetsmaker has had an update that affects ABM CustomMix importer so I need to update ABM CustomMix importer to work with ABM.

If you want to do software updates uninstall ABM CustomMix Importer first.

Last edited:
ok, so now nothings clearing on any channel, any provider using any cam lol
this is turning out to be really fun :grin:

Network is 100% ok
Using latest 6.2, but also tried clean installs of 6.1 and 6.3 ATV, all exactly the same
Lines are being input ok
Neither sky or virgin are clearing, but get FTA channels on both so its not a reception problem or netid or anything
Lines are 100% ok

Anyone any idea what to look for?

Also noticed when I'm converting cccam to oscam the .user file is blank, that shouldn't be right should it?

Network is 100% ok
Using latest 6.2, but also tried clean installs of 6.1 and 6.3 ATV, all exactly the same
Lines are being input ok
Neither sky or virgin are clearing, but get FTA channels on both so its not a reception problem or netid or anything
Lines are 100% ok

Also noticed when I'm converting cccam to oscam the .user file is blank, that shouldn't be right should it?
There must be a local issue what cam are you trying to try as per a previous reply your screen shot looks incorrect it should be in this format

CWS = test.com 12345 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Your screen shot looks like

CWS : test.com 12345 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Notice the :

For oscam I use willows toolkit and add line manually rather than using converters.

Please avoid doing software updates.

Autobouquetsmaker has had an update that affects ABM CustomMix importer so I need to update ABM CustomMix importer to work with ABM.

If you want to do software updates uninstall ABM CustomMix Importer first.
Updates should be ok now I still need to tweak CustomMix importer but it shouldn't crash thanks to Huevos

Network is 100% ok
Lines are being input ok
Lines are 100% ok

Just reading some of your replies are you using my backup or using fresh ATV images?

My backup has cams pre installed if using plain ATV maybe best starting a thread but have you installed softcam feeds from here OpenATV Softcam Feed follow the guide carefully and make sure your files are in the correct locations

Just reading some of your replies are you using my backup or using fresh ATV images?

My backup has cams pre installed if using plain ATV maybe best starting a thread but have you installed softcam feeds from here OpenATV Softcam Feed follow the guide carefully and make sure your files are in the correct locations

Thanks for replying :)

The line format was correct, I messed up on that one, I was playing about with it and trying different formats and messed it up.

I'm using your latest build but in attempts to get it to work, was reflashing older versions and also did 6.3 to see if it was something in the software causing it :(

I've even factory reset the box, and at the moment have installed your build from scratch. all I've done is set the network, and netid, added a C line to cccam, and when that didn't clear, added a CWS line to the newcam.list, again totally blank.

Thanks for replying :)

The line format was correct, I messed up on that one, I was playing about with it and trying different formats and messed it up.

I'm using your latest build but in attempts to get it to work, was reflashing older versions and also did 6.3 to see if it was something in the software causing it :(

I've even factory reset the box, and at the moment have installed your build from scratch. all I've done is set the network, and netid, added a C line to cccam, and when that didn't clear, added a CWS line to the newcam.list, again totally blank.
you have called the file newcamd.list not newcam.list mentioned above haven't you?

I can test your line if you want then I can at least confirm it works. If it does I'll send you the file to test.

Maybe going over things but these are softcam locations

mgcamd/newcamd.list goes into the /usr/keys folder
CCcam.cfg now goes into the /etc folder
oscam.server files go into /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu folder

I can test your line if you want then I can at least confirm it works. If it does I'll send you the file to test.

Maybe going over things but these are softcam locations

mgcamd/newcamd.list goes into the /usr/keys folder
CCcam.cfg now goes into the /etc folder
oscam.server files go into /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-emu folder

Thank you, yes they are correct. Will PM you now, thank you :)

Back