Dummies EPG guide

How are you zapping to the transponder that has the data? EPG refresh?
Yes but I have noticed when you go into edit services it is always refreshing.

Also are you involved in the develpoment of epgimporter at all, it would be good to have option in epgimporter Services section to have option perhaps blue button when in there it does not seem to be used in Services section to remove unneeded rytec countries.

Attachments

• 1_0_19_5140_810_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230208211544.jpg
    1_0_19_5140_810_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230208211544.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Regarding EPG Refresh:
I changed the word "Refreshing" to "Refresh using"
Update EPGRefreshChannelEditor.py · oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins@c7fea45

The BBC Two HD in screenshot is not needed, I just added it for demonstration purposes. All the Sky EPG is on IEPG channel

I don't understand what you are saying about EPG importer and blue button. I think it would be better to continue in a different thread as we are going to confuse people looking for a dummies guide to EPG

Attachments

• refresh using.jpg
    refresh using.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 6
In Epg importer what is the difference in Classic XMLTV and Mod XMLTV as trying to find out and fixing my bad epg of wrong times and double entries
Using latest Oscam trunk and simple 1080

@Kurdt Kobain, I hope I have understood the issues correctly. You should have had three sections.

1. Rytec EPG wrong/missing.
There really needs to be a dedicated thread on this forum for people to post so that it can be forwarded to the Rytec team on tehir forum.

I have provided the info on the other forum. It should be corrected tomorrow. Please post back tomorrow if still not resolved. Check the internet for the following thread:
[UKsat] Missing EPG - UKsat

2. SRP wrong/missing.
3. SNP wrong missing.

Maybe there should be a thread for ocram picons too.

Please wait for new picon build on sunday morning. Download and Install them and post a thread about it if required. Service references change regularly, so users need to report this. Most people use SNPicons.
A lot of the ones you posted have already been added, not your fault, but please check with the latest files.
Cheers. I'm having difficulty connecting the two Gigablue boxes to the internet using USB stick type Wifi antenna adapters. I've tried two different adapters with both boxes on latest Vix and OATV firmwares and each are regularly failing their network tests and don't connect properly, including their inability to access the download plugins menu and update EPG. However, these same USB Wifi adapters continue working fine in my H7 - passing all network tests on that box - and similarly just as well on my Viark Sat 4K and other devices. Albeit, connecting the Gigablue's via Ethernet to the internet continues to remain unaffected.

I followed your instructions re. setting up EPG and gave my dad his box back last Friday. He was really pleased and said it was the best he'd seen it, so thanks very much for that. Unfortunately since then the WLAN issue is seemingly preventing the EPG from updating most days, and unable to get a wired connection as the router is located in the dining room. There was a couple of days it did but he says the guide or channel list info is usually blank and often doesn't see the info for each channel until clicking on it. Downloads are set for 22:59hrs daily and whenever the box, which gets switched off every night, is powered on.

Any idea what the issue could be or how to fix it, perhaps some drivers? I've reflashed the firmware without any improvement nor did it seem to happen on previous Gigablue images with either model, or at all on the Zgemma. I've tried to install an older image but it wouldn't flash. In the meantime I'll ask him to setup Open TV EPG. Is it simply a case of turning it on via EPG Settings and is this just for FTA channels?

I'm hoping to add 30w on a second dish for him at some point, in an easier to reach location than the current one. Unfortunately most of the arc is obscured as the house faces trees, to the extent the neighbours don't even consider satellite an option. 28.2e is a struggle and his zone 1 dish now has to be pole mounted above the eaves on the gable end having already needed to be raised several times over the years.

I assume it must've blown, slipped, or the trees have grown significantly higher as last spring a couple of tp's began breaking up again. ITV HD was affected and whereas I do my own jobs on my dishes at home, this frustratingly is too high and he won't let me touch it so we compromised by putting STV HD on 103 instead and he actually said he preferred the news content! If it completely goes again in the future we'll have to get someone out but I've got a spare Inverto unicable LNB in mine so it would at least provide a good opportunity to replace the existing Sky+ HD LNB.

I've some other querries about USB Wifi adapters and their compatibility with e2 boxes as I've now got a few of these sticks which won't work in any e2 box but similarly work fine in everything else, although unless the answer is straight forward I'm happy to start another thread.

Last edited:
For OpenTV EPG, once you enable it, you have to zap/select/view/"be on" the IEPG data channel on 11778, Vertical, 27500. It is in the Sky info bouquet if you use ABM. You can manually select the channel it or automate the zapping using EPG refresh or OpenTV EPG zapper. The zapper is pre-installed in Vix but has to be installed on ATV.

The Freesat EPG is slightly different to OpenTV, so just use one of those. OpenTV EPG on 28.2 covers all the channels, not just FTA.

Last edited:
How is the box being switched off? I hope not just turning off the mains. You have to put the box into deep standby before turning the power off.

Without knowing which WiFi adapter it is, won't be easy. Might be a kernel config issue.

@ Kurdt Kobain, have you never thought about trying Powerline adapters these are not costly and more than capable of supplying steady connection to devices. Rather as you say not possible to run network cable. One in wall socket and device connected to router and the other connected to wall socket near to device then small network cable.
Simple I did use them for years but have now moved to mesh system.

I'm using ATV 6.4 and want to just use epg importer and open epg for 28e only. I have epgrefresh but cant see OpenTV EPG zapper anywhere!! Helping a remote friend on atv 6.3 and crossepg has disappeared so I was going to get them to use epg importer for 28e and iptv and then openepg for channels that may be missed. Can I use epgrefresh on atv6.3, I don't want them to update to either 6.4 or 7.2 yet(dont ask)

I'm using ATV 6.4 and want to just use epg importer and open epg for 28e only. I have epgrefresh but cant see OpenTV EPG zapper anywhere!! Helping a remote friend on atv 6.3 and crossepg has disappeared so I was going to get them to use epg importer for 28e and iptv and then openepg for channels that may be missed. Can I use epgrefresh on atv6.3, I don't want them to update to either 6.4 or 7.2 yet(dont ask)

You are mixing things up and contradicting yourself.
Note:
EPG refresh is just a plugin to zap/change channels
OpenTV EPG was added to the OpenATV image In August 2019. So image must be dated newer than this.

Lets do things one stage at a time.

Which source of EPG do you want to use?
1. From the internet
2. From the satellite

EDIT
use epg importer for 28e and iptv and then openepg for channels that may be missed.
You must not mix and match. If you are using EPG importer, any missing channals have to be reported to the Rytec team. They require the name of the channel and its service reference.

Last edited:
For anyone using a version of EPG importer newer than 11th February 2023, the categories were simplified/changed to the attached. The old ones should still work

Attachments

• eph importer UK.jpg
    eph importer UK.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 11
I still think a lot of confusion here .
EPGRefresh for openatv or opentv epg Zapper for vix or are we still talkin EPGRefresh ?

OpenTV EPG downloader (available on Vix, ATV maybe OBH) and EPG refresh (available on all images) are just channel zappers.

People first need to decide whether they want EPG from Internet or signal stream/satellite. Each option will have more options. In my view best to assist OP in what they want to use. Mixing/matching or throwing everything at it won't reduce confusion.

OpenTV EPG downloader (available on Vix, ATV maybe OBH) and EPG refresh (available on all images) are just channel zappers.

People first need to decide whether they want EPG from Internet or signal stream/satellite. Each option will have more options. In my view best to assist OP in what they want to use. Mixing/matching or throwing everything at it won't reduce confusion.
Yes that is exactly what I meant OpenTV EPG Downloader , is that an actuall Vix plugin or are you referring to Enable OpenTV EPG In Main EPG settings i,e,

Attachments

• epg.jpg
    epg.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 7
In what context is your question?

If you tell your receiver to use OpenTV EPG. (Best to disable Freesat to avoid clashes at this stage) . You then need to zap/select the Iepg channel. You can:
manually do it.
Set EPG refresh to do it
Use opentv EPG downloader to do it. (on ATV this has to be installed. Vix has it pre-installed )

If you do the zapping, to iepg, but you do not enable the option, you won't absorb any EPG.

I take my comment about CrossEPG back.

Back