MEGA Edision Mega satellite cable voltage

Cramer

I am a newbie to this forum and satellites.
I have installed an Edison OS Mega and placed a satellite finder in-line with it. When the Edision is turned on, the power led on the finder goes on but a few seconds goes out. I'm not sure if this is the expected behaviour and if so how do keep the finder powered while I locate a satellite?

Thanks,

need to know more as do you have a fixed dish aligned to 28.2 or is a new dish needing alignment,there is under service searching a signal finder that gives a reading when locked onto a sat or if using cable.

I have a dish and have a new motor. I have been advised that the motor is set to zero so I should align the dish to Thor (0.8w). I have a simple sat finder which needs power from the cable. My old receiver maintained power on the coax so I was able to put the finder in-line with the receiver and check the tv while moving the dish. I can't do this with the Mega if it doesn't put any power on the cable. I guess I need a finder with it's own power.

I had the same issue connecting my zgemma h2.h a while ago, apparently the issue can be solved by using a different LNB but I just got a different box to use solely with the motorised setup (V8 Golden) and not had any problems with it.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised it's the finder that's losing power and not the actually motor.

I have a satfinder WS-6909 and that can move the motor and they're pretty cheap too.

I'm not seeing any power on the motor either so it does sound similar. Did you get an explanation as to why a different LNB would solve the problem?

I'm not seeing any power on the motor either so it does sound similar. Did you get an explanation as to why a different LNB would solve the problem?

But does the motor lose power when you drive it with the receiver minus the signal meter?

trying to get my memory back how mine ,how many cables are running to dish and motor as only 1 location can move the dish and other 3 are just feeds.

Back