Edision OS Mega arriving tomorrow!!! Need some assistance pls

Hi Guys,

Getting very excited that my new Edision OS Mega box is arriving in the morning as a replacement for my Openbox V8S!!!! Can't wait to get it set up....

Was hoping for a bit of guidance though:

1. On Openbox I use MGCamd NewCamd or CCamd - what will I need / which is the best one to use for OS Mega?

2. I want to get KODI on to it... most of the Youtube vids though are in German!

3. How I can get the Sky TV skin on the OS MEGA from latest Openvix build that will come pre installed on it?

3. some guidance on how to attach an internal Hard Drive to the OS Mega and type of hard drive - Can I use my old Sky HD TV hard drive as that's a 1TB drive so would be good space?

Sure I'll have a few more once I get the box open!!!

Cheers
T

i suppose you could use the 1tb hard drive as an external hard drive if you put it in an enclosure

I have Willo's build on my Edision mega (with SkyQ skin :whistling:) and its excellent to get you up and running, will you just be using sly? If you have any issues setting up post here and I'll try and help if I can (or someone will!)

Great choice of box though, very very happy with mine:bye:

Which ccam you use is irrelevant to how good it works on the box the main thing is too have a good line supplier

Just downloaded Willos build ready for when my box arrives on Monday I normally use oscam cam what did you use Willo?

I think I put CCcam, Mgcamd and Oscam on the build.
My preference is Oscam but my provider wants me to use Mgcamd. It seems they do know what you're using even if it is in a newcamd reader lol

Won't let me download???

If you want a quick setup to get you going I've put a backup of my Mega in the downloads section complete with the latest Slyk1-HD skin.

WilloBuild-OpenVIX-4.2.026-Edision-OSmega - Downloads - TechKings

Kodi is available in Plugins > Extensions > MX| Kodi

Internal HDD needs to be 2.5 inch. I think the sly ones are 3.5 inch.

Getting error message "our submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error"

maxal downloaded it earlier.
is it a problem with your PC or browser settings?

Just tried it. I can get to the dropbox download okay.

Last edited:
On about 3rd try it worked and is now flashed on to my box.... Not sure how or where I go to enter my CCamd information? How do I get to menu to allow me to input username, password and server info etc

If you want a quick setup to get you going I've put a backup of my Mega in the downloads section complete with the latest Slyk1-HD skin.

WilloBuild-OpenVIX-4.2.026-Edision-OSmega - Downloads - TechKings

Kodi is available in Plugins > Extensions > MX| Kodi

Internal HDD needs to be 2.5 inch. I think the sly ones are 3.5 inch.

Getting error message "our submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error"

On Microsoft Edge didn't download on first attempt went back into it and worked fine.

---------- Post Merged at 04:49 PM ----------

maxal downloaded it earlier.
is it a problem with your PC or browser settings?

Just tried it. I can get to the dropbox download okay.

Willo3092,

I see what you mean now

lol (Keep as EM secret)

Hi Willo just wanted to say thank you, my box arrived today and I flashed it with your backup build. Well impressed with this box had a little play with Kodi 17 and installed Paradox build.

Hi Willo, today I connected up my terrestrial coax to my box today done a scan and have all the freeview channels in a bouquet but no channel listings.
Do you know how I can fix this please.

Freeview populates through the feed rather than through crossepg or epg importer.
If you just click on a few channels it should start to appear.

I wish I had found this thread a few days ago when I got my Edision would have saved me frying my tiny mind, image looks nice thanks Willo

All Willo's builds are good I have the Mutant HD51 and the Edison OS-Mega running his builds, thanks Willo

Hi Willo - I get the following error when I click the link above- may have something to do with my posts (or lack of) and what I can and can't download, but am confused.

Am about to invest in the Edison mega (ten quid dearer now), and need all ducks to be lined up before I take the plunge!

Also - what's the best option for Enigma 2 firmware - I really don't have any idea

Any advise ? Ta.

"Techkings - Error
The requested page could not be found."

Back