MINI edision os mini - BOOT - after random power cuts

mhmm76

Hi all i have a os mini

after 3-4 power cuts over last few days my box now displays BOOT on the front panel. When i turn off/on it loads openvix on screen then after a few more seconds goes to TV homescreen as if nothing is plugged in/recognisable.

I am trying to flash again taking an image from EDISION OS-MINI but when i use or back usb port it gives no options, just does same, few seconds openvix then nothing,

Any advice appreciated

In all cases of reflashing, if the box doesn't recognise the usb it just goes back to what it does recognise
Format the usb with FAT32 before putting the image on and try again

Ive tried with a couple USB flash sticks, all legit ones, kingston and transcend. I tried first with just this image
openvix-5.3.014.release-osmini_usb

then i formatted USB again fat32 and tried to use whooshbuild
BaseBuild-WB7-OSMINI

So when i insert USB in back port of box, it goes into the loading "openvix----updating osmini/rootfs.bin

Then when it finisehes loading openvix displays on screen - then screen goes black and thats it. I have tried my PC monitor with a diff HDMI cable also.

On my main TV when it finished loading the TV goes back to homescreen(TV homescreen) and says if the box is not powered on or no hdmi detected etc.

I tried a diff power supply too and a diff wall socket.

On the front panel of os mini it still displays "boot" nothing else.

Pressing buttons on edision remote does nothing.

Any ideas please

Wb7 won't work, it's years out of date.
If you are seeing openvix logo onscreen the hdmi is probably working
I always use SanDisk Cruzer blade usb and they never fail

Ive tried with a couple USB flash sticks, all legit ones, kingston and transcend. I tried first with just this image
openvix-5.3.014.release-osmini_usb

then i formatted USB again fat32 and tried to use whooshbuild
BaseBuild-WB7-OSMINI

So when i insert USB in back port of box, it goes into the loading "openvix----updating osmini/rootfs.bin

Then when it finisehes loading openvix displays on screen - then screen goes black and thats it. I have tried my PC monitor with a diff HDMI cable also.

On my main TV when it finished loading the TV goes back to homescreen(TV homescreen) and says if the box is not powered on or no hdmi detected etc.

I tried a diff power supply too and a diff wall socket.

On the front panel of os mini it still displays "boot" nothing else.

Pressing buttons on edision remote does nothing.

Any ideas please

his method will not really be applicable or desirable for everyone, but it can get you out of trouble under some circumstances, so:-

If you have just done a software update and found the box won't boot...
or
You just turned your box on and found that it only boots up so far and hangs there...
or
You just turned your box on and found that it gets caught in a loop with the numbers counting up and then starting again...
or
You went to try to reflash online and found that your build is so old you don't have the option to flash the latest version of Open-ATV via the Flash Online utility...
or
You want to reflash your box but have not got a spare USB stick or your box will not "see" the USB stick...
or
Your box blue-screens when selecting system functions...

Then this is a possible solution for you.

It will find the latest build of the current stable version of Open-ATV and will then flash your box.

All you need is :

Your box with an existing USB stick or recording disk mounted on /media/hdd, (this should normally be the case for recordings etc).

You need to be able to connect to your box with a Laptop or PC via Putty or Zoc, (or any other ssh client program), or the OpenWebIf terminal.

The default hostname of your box if you have changed it from the default.

Please note that this does NOT backup any of your settings or anything else.

Now connect to your box from a PC or Laptop using a terminal program such as Putty, Zoc, any other ssh client, or using the terminal option of OpenWebIf in your browser and log in using the username root

Now paste all the code below into the terminal window.

Code

wget --no-check-certificate -O installatv.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbo698rxconave/installatv.sh?dl=1 && bash installatv.sh

After a few seconds you will be asked to enter the box's default hostname.
If you've never changed the hostname of your box then just accept the default by pressing enter key, if you have previously changed the hostname in the past then you need to enter the original default hostname for your box, (ie formuler4turbo), and then press the enter key.

Now you are prompted which partition you want flashed, this is for boxes with multiboot facilities.
If you don't use multiboot or your box doesn't have multiboot facilities just hit the enter key.
If your box is configured to use multiboot enter the partition number and then press enter key. Most people here will not need to worry about Multiboot as the majority of boxes do not support that facility. That said, if your box does support Multiboot then I am going to assume that you already know what to do.

The latest stable nightly build will then be downloaded to /media/hdd and then the reflashing process will begin. Either way, it's now time to reach for your remote.

If it is your intention to just flash to the current version of Open-ATV then follow the guided installation process.

That isn't the ip address of the box.
Also when you want to add extra information. , edit your previous post, a moderator has to merge all your above posts into one or two posts

Back