MINI edision os mini - BOOT - after random power cuts

That isn't the ip address of the box.
Also when you want to add extra information. , edit your previous post, a moderator has to merge all your above posts into one or two posts

I am not sure where else it would get an IP from except from my router

And my home network does not give out 192 IPs.....

Thanks i will keep posts tidier just just thought was easier to see a pic at a time sorry

All enigma2 ip addresses begin 192.168
You need to be able to access the menus as there may be a connection problem somewhere

My home network is set up with 10.10.10.* IP range. The 192.168.*.* is only what the home network gives out

I was always able to access the webif under the 10.10.10. range........

192.168. is just the default for most home routers is all. Unless it is hard coded somewhere in the device but to my understanding that couldnt be correct.

Is there anywhere through SSH that i can check using Cli

I presume you have extracted the files to a formatted fat 32 usb stick max 8gb and inserted into rear of box when powered off and other usb devices removed.
Do you have to press any buttons to start the flash when switching on?

Do you have any other e2 boxes if so a network browser scan should pick up box ip.

Yes power off Box, then it says within 10seconds to click ok (i tried that way also kept my finger on OK button for duration of loading ) same thing goes to black screen, then back to homescreen on TV

I have a formuler z7 box also that is working.

I will try again now i have 3 x USB sticks
also a sandisk cruzer blade as was suggested in an earlier post.
I will format using the HP tool also. Just to be sure.

Hi Pablo

Just so i know im doing everything correctly as suggested

This link here :
openATV Nightly Downloads openatv6.3

I am using the image there 20200131

i will format stick/s (ill try 3 diff ones including cruzer) using HP format tool
I will drag the zipped file to stick, then extract that directly to the stick.
Then plug stick in back of powered off box.
Turn box on click OK
and then ???? i assume i wait a minute or 2 after it completes, then power off box and remove stick and power box back on ....

Is that correct

Not quite, it's not the way I do it.
Unzip the zip on your laptop and put the entire folder on the formatted usb
Put it in
Power on, keep a finger on the standby button on the box until it says FLSH then let go

same thing unfortunately

i get open ATV in flourescent colours as if it all looks good then black for a second then back to tv homescreen

What image/build are you wanting on your box if you csn telnet via putty then try grog free range as that flashes and installs the image for you

Yeah i was suspecting that myself

i tried a diff tv a small one with a diff hdmi cable and also tried PC monitor with diff HDMI same thing

Probably damaged hdmi on box , coulda happened with the power cuts we had there was several in one day while i was at work.

I will probably buy a new box thing is i really like the edision layout as ithad agreat TV guide menu looked very real :grin: as was quick to navigate

Yeah i was suspecting that myself

i tried a diff tv a small one with a diff hdmi cable and also tried PC monitor with diff HDMI same thing

Probably damaged hdmi on box , coulda happened with the power cuts we had there was several in one day while i was at work.

I will probably buy a new box thing is i really like the edision layout as ithad agreat TV guide menu looked very real :grin: as was quick to navigate
Good boxes edison os mini I've sat version
Edit could hdmi cec play a part in it and looking at the open atv image posted that looks like old open atv as the colouring is a lot lighter on 6.3

File name matches the name on box and no other usb devices plugged in.

You said you had another box so can you find the edison ip on it and try webif to see if you get a picture on pc.

i am currently rrying openvix Jan 19th release

I will then try the Grog one thanks for suggestions.

All i see on my box is edision os mini (im nearly sure it isnt the + version) but i suppose wont hurt to try for that too.

I have the hard drive i always had attached back in the back usb port

when i paste the script in i get the below (for Grog Build)

login as: root
root@osmini:~# wget -O ~/fla.sh http://flashmybox4.me && bash fla.sh
--2020-01-31 23:31:19-- http://flashmybox4.me/
Resolving flashmybox4.me... 91.121.192.18
Connecting to flashmybox4.me|91.121.192.18|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
--2020-01-31 23:31:19-- http://flashmybox4.me/fla.sh
Reusing existing connection to flashmybox4.me:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 24287 (24K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘/home/root/fla.sh’

/home/root/fla.sh 100%[===================>] 23.72K --.-KB/s in 0.001s

2020-01-31 23:31:19 (21.4 MB/s) - ‘/home/root/fla.sh’ saved [24287/24287]

no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please ini tialise the USB device and make sure it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup
root@osmini:~#

Back