Epg offset/timeshift tutorial for Enigma2 (Zgemma)

You will have to contact your provider first to ensure he has correct time settings at his end
that is the whole point of the script depends on timezone on server some are wrong timezone and providers cannot seem to change it I did use this script in the past it did work. But since then I just use epg editor

ok i have epg with incorrect time... I've now got the script to run it creates the epg data in the folder on the hdd. I then follow steps to clear existing epg then import.. after importing i have no data on the epg its all blank. Ive tried now with openatv 6.4 open atv 7.2 and openvix all do the same thing .could someone help? Thanks

ok i have epg with incorrect time... I've now got the script to run it creates the epg data in the folder on the hdd. I then follow steps to clear existing epg then import.. after importing i have no data on the epg its all blank. Ive tried now with openatv 6.4 open atv 7.2 and openvix all do the same thing .could someone help? Thanks
It must be your provider, take a test from a different provider and see if their EPG populates

I have 2 providers at the moment (one is on a trial).
The EPG of my normal provider is OK.
The EPG of the provider I have on trial, is 1 hour ahead.

I have followed the instructions above, but it doesn't appear to make any difference, the timings on the trial providers EPG is still out by 1 hour. I've noticed If I go in to cron, there are no jobs, then my build crashes.
I put a new Willobuild on my zgemma box yesterday.

If anyone can help, that'd be greatly appreciated, thank you.

When it says "CORRECTING TIME....."
If I view /media/hdd/epg I can see the original file and the file being modified.
If I view the tail, I can see "="20220813070000 +0100" so at the point of file creation, it does appear to be adding the time correctly.

Last edited:

I have followed the instructions above, but it doesn't appear to make any difference, the timings on the trial providers EPG is still out by 1 hour. I've noticed If I go in to cron, there are no jobs, then my build crashes.

If I view /media/hdd/epg I can see the original file and the file being modified.
If I view the tail, I can see "="20220813070000 +0100" so at the point of file creation, it does appear to be adding the time correctly.
Have you tried this,I am using dreambox no joy yet but if you are successful let me know:Epg offset tutorial by @ravstar - Linux Satellite Support Community

I resolved my issue and the offset is now working. I uninstalled the script, and re-installed it and it worked.

If you are in UK .All the french channels are out,how do you alter the time for only the french channels ,but not the UK channels?

If you are in UK .All the french channels are out,how do you alter the time for only the french channels ,but not the UK channels?
you can't error is on provider side script only moves offset for all categories because time is out on supplier server.
You would need to use an editor than you can change timeshift on individual countries but you would need te edit every french channel individually , I maybe wrong so perhaps ravstar1 cant help. But I do not know what you are using to bring in your bouquets but if jedimaker can you not just use same provider details and give them different names in playlists.txt and just then when in jedimaker select uk channels categories and on one and french channels on other.

Hi, I'm also struggling to get it working. I finally managed to use Putty on my VU+ Ultimo 4k with Openpli. I really hope you can help and see where it's going wrong.

login as: root
root@192.168.50.106's password:
root@vuultimo4k:~# wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh
Connecting to github.com (140.82.121.3:443)
wget: note: TLS certificate validation not implemented
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (185.199.108.133:443)
saving to '/tmp/setup.sh'
setup.sh 100% |*************************************************************************| 5179 0:00:00 ETA
'/tmp/setup.sh' saved
uninstalling previous version of this script
rm: can't remove '/etc/epgimport/new.EPG.sources.xml': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/etc/hdd/epg/iptvepg.xml.gz': No such file or directory
no cron found
no cron found

Old cron removed
http://line.4k-feast.com:80/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&next_days=7
/media/hdd/epg/IPTV_XXXXXX.xml
/etc/epgimport/jmx.XXXXXX.sources.xml
Iptv url already exists in /etc/epgimport/jmx.XXXXXX.sources.xml
starting new installation

This script will fix EPG offset issue for IPTV i.e. if your epg is ahead or behind and showing wrong program information.
You can adjust the offset time between any range from 1 minute to up to 23 hours.

Enter full file name from below list starting with jmx.XXXX.sources.xml, For example: You want to fix EPG offset for prov ider's playlist named IPTV in jedimakerxtreme then you should look for file named jmx.IPTV.sources.xml

jmx.XXXXXX.sources.xml

Enter file name: jmx.XXXXXXXX.sources.xml

Enter the time you would like to offset including +/-HHMM
Example:
your epg is half an hour ahead then put -0030
your epg is an hour ahead then put -0100
your epg is two hours ahead then put -0200
your epg is half an hour behind then put +0030
your epg is an hour behind then put +0100
your epg is two hours behind then put +0200, and so on..

Enter time: -0100

jmx.Homebee.sources.xml

http://lXXXXXXX/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&next_days=7
IPTV_XXXXX
/media/hdd/epg/IPTV_XXXXXXX.xml
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (185.199.110.133:443)
saving to '/usr/script/xmltv.sh'
xmltv.sh 100% |******************************************************************************| 693 0:00:00 ETA
'/usr/script/xmltv.sh' saved
saving to '/usr/script/uninstall1.sh'
uninstall1.sh 100% |******************************************************************************| 538 0:00:00 ETA
'/usr/script/uninstall1.sh' saved
Daily cron added to run script daily at 06:10am
head: invalid option -- '1'
BusyBox v1.31.0 (2022-09-10 16:42:46 UTC) multi-call binary.

Usage: head [OPTIONS] [FILE]...

Print first 10 lines of each FILE (or stdin) to stdout.
With more than one FILE, precede each with a filename header.

-n N[kbm] Print first N lines

N may be suffixed by k (x1024), b (x512), or m (x1024^2).

xml HHMM is

./setup.sh: line 134: [: -eq: unary operator expected
ERROR: Script has been installed though it won't work until you follow one more step manually. Please make a note of following text

My xml HHMM is: and I want to adjust it by: -0100

Please follow the additional step mentioned in original post or reach out to 'ravstar'

root@vuultimo4k:/tmp#

Last edited:
Hi, I'm also struggling to get it working. I finally managed to use Putty on my VU+ Ultimo 4k with Openpli. I really hope you can help and see where it's going wrong.

login as: root
root@192.168.50.106's password:
root@vuultimo4k:~# wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh
saving to '/tmp/setup.sh'
setup.sh 100% |*************************************************************************| 5179 0:00:00 ETA
'/tmp/setup.sh' saved
uninstalling previous version of this script
rm: can't remove '/etc/epgimport/new.EPG.sources.xml': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/etc/hdd/epg/iptvepg.xml.gz': No such file or directory
no cron found
no cron found

Old cron removed
http://line.4k-feast.com:80/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXXXX&password=XXXXXXX&next_days=7
/media/hdd/epg/IPTV_Homebee.xml
/etc/epgimport/jmx.Homebee.sources.xml
Iptv url already exists in /etc/epgimport/jmx.Homebee.sources.xml
starting new installation

This script will fix EPG offset issue for IPTV i.e. if your epg is ahead or behind and showing wrong program information.
You can adjust the offset time between any range from 1 minute to up to 23 hours.

Enter full file name from below list starting with jmx.XXXX.sources.xml, For example: You want to fix EPG offset for prov ider's playlist named IPTV in jedimakerxtreme then you should look for file named jmx.IPTV.sources.xml

jmx.Homebee.sources.xml
jmx.Rapid.sources.xml
jmx.Multi.sources.xml

Enter file name: jmx.Homebee.sources.xml

Enter the time you would like to offset including +/-HHMM
Example:
your epg is half an hour ahead then put -0030
your epg is an hour ahead then put -0100
your epg is two hours ahead then put -0200
your epg is half an hour behind then put +0030
your epg is an hour behind then put +0100
your epg is two hours behind then put +0200, and so on..

Enter time: -0100

jmx.Homebee.sources.xml

http://line.4k-feast.com:80/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&next_days=7
IPTV_Homebee
/media/hdd/epg/IPTV_Homebee.xml
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (185.199.110.133:443)
saving to '/usr/script/xmltv.sh'
xmltv.sh 100% |******************************************************************************| 693 0:00:00 ETA
'/usr/script/xmltv.sh' saved
saving to '/usr/script/uninstall1.sh'
uninstall1.sh 100% |******************************************************************************| 538 0:00:00 ETA
'/usr/script/uninstall1.sh' saved
Daily cron added to run script daily at 06:10am
head: invalid option -- '1'
BusyBox v1.31.0 (2022-09-10 16:42:46 UTC) multi-call binary.

Usage: head [OPTIONS] [FILE]...

Print first 10 lines of each FILE (or stdin) to stdout.
With more than one FILE, precede each with a filename header.

-n N[kbm] Print first N lines

N may be suffixed by k (x1024), b (x512), or m (x1024^2).

xml HHMM is

./setup.sh: line 134: [: -eq: unary operator expected
ERROR: Script has been installed though it won't work until you follow one more step manually. Please make a note of following text

My xml HHMM is: and I want to adjust it by: -0100

Please follow the additional step mentioned in original post or reach out to 'ravstar'

root@vuultimo4k:/tmp#
I would advise to remove your suppliers url from your post

Back