epg ?? usb ??

MRmr

hi guys is it true that you need to use a usb stick when using the 7day epg on thecloud ibox 2+ ?? ive been told it will brick my box ?

just double checking mate ive never used one myself and never had any problems but its best to be safe then sorry i guess thanks for that lawley

I used a USB - I was under the impression it was best so that the epg.dat file didn't grow too large and take up too much of the box flash memory. Had no issues. Picons were also installed on the usb

I think you are correct there, but I was told sometimes the epg file grows quite large and slows down the box.

Its a little of that. And a lot of overwriting. If it saves to the box every night its going to burn out the memory. So will shorten the life of the box.
I always use usb/hdd foe epg AND swapfile which I think is just as important. All jist my opinion tho so work away.

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 PM ----------

Its a fact too that boxs will eventually require a reflash more frequently and they freeze/brick temporarily more often without usb.

Hi sucmnsee. Can you please help me? I have crossepg installed and a 8gb usb pen mounted and showing in hard drive. If I press epg I just get the channel I am watching, now and next, any tips or ideas would be really appreciated.
Thanks

you need to have the epg setup its info on the usb first then you can download it to usb and then every channel will have epg.have you configured your epg to open tv provider,tick and save sly,open 28.2 and orange to download.

How do I put epg setup on usb? I have the open tv provider ticked and downloaded. Where do I get the file to put on the usb?
Thank you

First make sure anything on usb is ok to wipe.
Its gonna live in box permanently and wont be usable on pc.
Follow below to get ready.

Box off
Usb in
Box on
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Initialise

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swap manager
Create 256mb
Autostart
Start

Menu
Setup
System
Epg. Make sure set to /hdd

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to add I have openpli image. That sounds very similar to how I set up my usb. Could it be the create 256mb part, I can't remember doing that.

If I go in to cool tv guide v7 setup, it says cool tv guide id. It gives the id, it then says cool tv guide key they are all at zero. Can anybody tell me if that is correct.
Thank you

I still have no epg. I have it working on fta for the next two hours, it works on a couple of other channels. Is something blocking me from getting it?
Thanks

U dont have any parental locks with ur broadband provider do u? Had that happen with talktalk in 1 house. Logged to their account and turned it off and worked Instantly

Back