ExpressVPN

Their support is excellent but not upto speed on enigma2 boxes.

I posted a guide, which worked for me.

I'll paste it below:

I've added Xpress VPN.

You just need the openvpn config files for Linux. their live chat will be able to link you to this

Choose the server you want the config for

Download the file and open it in notepad+

There is a line that says :

auth-user-pass

Add to that "password.txt" so:

auth-user-pass password.txt

save the file as client.conf

----------

Now you need your username and password [not the one you used to sign up, these are a random string of letters and numbers], you will see them on the page you downloaded your config files from. It allows you to copy them into the clipboard.

Open a notepad file paste your username above your password, so two lines:

Username
Password

Save this as password.txt
----------

Now FTP to your box and look in /etc

if there is no foder titled openvpn right click and create a folder with that name

then transfer your two files to that folder.

so in /etc/openvpn

you have

client.conf
password.txt

-----------

your vpn should now work.

What’s ur opinion about
1. H2S box with VPN for IPTV

2. IPTV with no VPN as I’ve come across requests for subs needing no VPN

3. I’m looking towards Android boxes and don’t know whether I need VPN for footy. I currently own a H2S n looking to go IPTV

H2s can cope with IPTV, the box sometimes needs some tweaks for foreign HD channels, but even with a VPN should be fine

A lot of providers actually ban vpns. So it's not necessary. My providers don't need a VPN but I use one anyway juts for my own provacy and peace of mind. Be aware that any provider can have his servers appear in a court order.

I have an android box in the bedroom. They stream IPTV much better than enigma2 boxes like a h2s. But the skins and ability to grab freeview and reminding cardshares mean I use an enigma2 downstairs. It's a personal preference thing really

Their support is excellent but not upto speed on enigma2 boxes.

I posted a guide, which worked for me.

I'll paste it below:

I've added Xpress VPN.

You just need the openvpn config files for Linux. their live chat will be able to link you to this

Choose the server you want the config for

Download the file and open it in notepad+

There is a line that says :

auth-user-pass

Add to that "password.txt" so:

auth-user-pass password.txt

save the file as client.conf

----------

Now you need your username and password [not the one you used to sign up, these are a random string of letters and numbers], you will see them on the page you downloaded your config files from. It allows you to copy them into the clipboard.

Open a notepad file paste your username above your password, so two lines:

Username
Password

Save this as password.txt
----------

Now FTP to your box and look in /etc

if there is no foder titled openvpn right click and create a folder with that name

then transfer your two files to that folder.

so in /etc/openvpn

you have

client.conf
password.txt

-----------

your vpn should now work.
When i contact Linux live chat, they tell me i need SSH or something so they can check my box.. how do i get this information for them? Im using openvix

Cheers, is TeamViewer an app I need to install?
Yes it will allow them remote access to your pc so they can use putty to connect to your box. Is there any reason they need access to your box? Using the guide above should be enough you just need the certificate files then edit them.

Yes it will allow them remote access to your pc so they can use putty to connect to your box. Is there any reason they need access to your box? Using the guide above should be enough you just need the certificate files then edit them.
Cheers, I asked for the certs and they told me they needed SSH Access. Can I get these without them accessing the box?

Cheers, I asked for the certs and they told me they needed SSH Access. Can I get these without them accessing the box?
Not sure if anyone replied to you but you can download the config files directly from Expressvpn webpage. when you login on the right is the buttom "setup on other devices". When you go in there you can see on the right your username and password and drop downs for all the regions. You simply select which server you want and download the OPVN file there

Hello,
Not sure if anyone replied to you but you can download the config files directly from Expressvpn webpage. when you login on the right is the buttom "setup on other devices". When you go in there you can see on the right your username and password and drop downs for all the regions. You simply select which server you want and download the OPVN file there
Hello,
So, how can I check to see if the openvpn on my zgemma box is working? Please

Back