"feeds are down for maintenance"

spamster

When browsing some of the settings (specifically samba and miniDLNA) I get a message saying feeds are being checked and then eventually another saying "feeds are down for maintenance". The config page for the particular service then closes.

This seems to be a fairly common issue, but I can't seem to find any reference to 1) what feeds need to be checked for these local services and 2) how to resolve the issue.

I installed openvpn successfully using "opkg install openvpn" but this didn't have any effect. I only flashed wooshbuild a week or so ago, so I'm assuming I don't need to do that again.

Perhaps something worth stickying or placing in a FAQ?

When browsing some of the settings (specifically samba and miniDLNA) I get a message saying feeds are being checked and then eventually another saying "feeds are down for maintenance". The config page for the particular service then closes.

This seems to be a fairly common issue, but I can't seem to find any reference to 1) what feeds need to be checked for these local services and 2) how to resolve the issue.

I installed openvpn successfully using "opkg install openvpn" but this didn't have any effect. I only flashed wooshbuild a week or so ago, so I'm assuming I don't need to do that again.

Perhaps something worth stickying or placing in a FAQ?

What exactly are you trying to do? You can browse the local network using the network browser.

upload_2017-11-1_13-0-45.png

In this case I'm trying to have the h2s show up as a dlna server (which I believe is the point of minidlna?).

But that aside shouldn't I be able to browse settings? Quite a few of them return this error.

You should be able to get these screens: I don't use it myself. I thought you were just trying to mount a network share or something.

upload_2017-11-1_14-26-42.png

upload_2017-11-1_14-28-33.png

That's exactly it. However your screenshots look very different to mine, my settings are "floating" in front of a full screen tv picture.

I used the base build from just under 2 weeks ago, and the version says v6 when starting up. Do I have an incorrect version?

Aha!

If I wanted to try willo what's the best way to flip builds while keeping settings/external hdd recordings?

It won't affect anything on the external drive. It will entirely wipe the internal flash so backup any lines or IPTV etc.
You wouldn't be able to restore ATV settings to ViX... well I wouldn't recommend trying it.

Make a system image of your current build and copy it to your PC. You can flash it back by usb then.

Samba should be installed and running if using wooshbuild, selecting samba from the network menu (where you get the feeds error) just shows if it's running or not.

If you can browse the box from your computer via file explorer then samba is running.

I can't say why you are getting the feeds error but I have had it before but can't remember if I did anything to fix or just waited. Maybe a software update will fix it.

Yes to clarify samba is running. In this case minidlna is what I'm after.

Could it be something to do with my isp? What feed is actually being checked?

I can confirm that the willobuild works as expected - it asked for an install first which I presume is what WB is failing on.

I can confirm that the willobuild works as expected - it asked for an install first which I presume is what WB is failing on.
It wouldn't have been WB with the problem but more than likely an ATV 6 problem/feeds unavailable and chances are it would have been fixed after a day or so. Willobuild uses Vix which may not have had the issue at the time for some reason or another

I see, so I'd need to wait for a new woosh based on this fixed atv?

EDIT: "opkg install minidnla" did the trick.

Last edited:
Back