File Zilla Client not transfering my FTP files.

davexxxx

Hi Folks,
I wonder if someone can please help me. I purchase a zgemmah9s STB around June time this year 2019 and have been using it without any problems, but in the last two or three weeks, I've gradually been losing my channels. I've now got to the point I don't have any, except FTA. I have since purchased a new server, but I'm struggling to transfer my oscam files to my STB using File Zilla client. My issue is when I try to connect to my STB. I get an error message saying "insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS." even though I have it set to "only use plain FTP (insecure). I've tried everything I can think of, but no joy, and keep getting the same message. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get, as I can't watch any of my favourite channels anymore until I can get this sorted. Thanks.
davexxxx.

Hi Folks,
I wonder if someone can please help me. I purchase a zgemmah9s STB around June time this year 2019 and have been using it without any problems, but in the last two or three weeks, I've gradually been losing my channels. I've now got to the point I don't have any, except FTA. I have since purchased a new server, but I'm struggling to transfer my oscam files to my STB using File Zilla client. My issue is when I try to connect to my STB. I get an error message saying "insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS." even though I have it set to "only use plain FTP (insecure). I've tried everything I can think of, but no joy, and keep getting the same message. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get, as I can't watch any of my favourite channels anymore until I can get this sorted. Thanks.
davexxxx.
If you update provider files in autobouquetmaker menu then scan for channels almost all will come back.
If you want to try the new line, put it in using filezilla.
Ignore or accept any warnings it gives and put the line in as normal

Hi, pabloescaban. Sorry I've not thanked you for your advice until now, but I've been away over the holiday for a few days. Anyhow after I managed to transfer my FTP files to my STB, (or at least I think I have) I still can't get any of the scrambled channels I had before. I've rescanned all the satellites, but it hasn't made any difference, I still can't get them. I don't understand whats happened, as I haven't changed, or done anything to it.
Is there any way I can be certain my new FTP files were sent to my box. Is there anywhere on the menu in this STB where it tells you? I'm fairly new to this box so I'm not conversant with it yet. s I said before any help is appreciated.

Well I don't know really what you are trying to achieve.
Are you using a 28.2e line for normal UK channels or a Euro line for motorised channels or an iptv line or what?
Where have you pasted your line?
Is it a mgcamd, oscam or cccam line?

Thanks for getting back to me pabloescaban.
Okay, I'll try and start at the beginning. When I first purchased this zgemmah9s STB I purchased some Oscam files and put then into the box via Filezilla. No problem, although I couldn't get any of the s*y channels it said you could. All has been working fine until recently when for some reason I started losing my channels, except FTA I didn't mind a few, but now I've lost them all, and I've done everything that I know to get them back without success. I've pasted my new lines into File Zilla and uploaded them to my box. File Zilla then stated, "uploaded successful". So that's my problem, I haven't changed any settings, or altered anything so I don't know why this has should just started happening.

Thanks for getting back to me pabloescaban.
Okay, I'll try and start at the beginning. When I first purchased this zgemmah9s STB I purchased some Oscam files and put then into the box via Filezilla. No problem, although I couldn't get any of the s*y channels it said you could. All has been working fine until recently when for some reason I started losing my channels, except FTA I didn't mind a few, but now I've lost them all, and I've done everything that I know to get them back without success. I've pasted my new lines into File Zilla and uploaded them to my box. File Zilla then stated, "uploaded successful". So that's my problem, I haven't changed any settings, or altered anything so I don't know why this has should just started happening.
Are you using it for satellite channels or cable?
Or iptv?
What image is on the box?
Where did you send the files to?
Have you scanned for channels?
Have you restarted the softcam?

Hi, pabloescaban,
I'm using it with a motorized dish for (satellite channels), the image I'm using on my box is VIX, and I have sent my files (lines) to my STBs IP Address as suggested by File Zilla.
I have re-scanned my channels from Astra 28 deg East, Astra 19 deg East, Hotbird 13 deg East, and Thor 0.8 deg West, and yes I went into softcam manager, and clicked on the yellow button which restarts the Oscam latest. I hope that's enough to be getting on with for now. I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but I don't know what else to do.

Sorry, M lines are a new one on me.

If you’re satisfied your lines are active, then it'll be the cams. Are you sure you've ftp’d into the right folder in the right format!

Sometimes we overlook the simple things to look for more sinister problems.

Hi, pabloescaban,
I'm using it with a motorized dish for (satellite channels), the image I'm using on my box is VIX, and I have sent my files (lines) to my STBs IP Address as suggested by File Zilla.
I have re-scanned my channels from Astra 28 deg East, Astra 19 deg East, Hotbird 13 deg East, and Thor 0.8 deg West, and yes I went into softcam manager, and clicked on the yellow button which restarts the Oscam latest. I hope that's enough to be getting on with for now. I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but I don't know what else to do.

Nope
open filezilla
put the stb ip address in host
put root in username and click quick connect
the folder tree will be visible on the right hand side, these are folders inside the box, the oscam files go in one of these, if using vix it's etc/tuxbox/config there is usually an oscam folder in here, the files go in that
Then make sure they've saved when you close filezilla, then restart the softcam

To confirm you have added your
Oscam configuration under [gobal]
Oscam server use the plugin dream explorer
Etc/tuxbox/config/oscam/oscam.config/
Oscam.server check to see if it has been added

Okay thanks, I'll give that a try.
Hello again pabloescaan,
I just went to try what you suggested, but File Zilla won't connect me to my server. It might be because, I thought I would do a factory reset and start afresh with your advice. I've reconfigured everything, but I don't know if I've missed something out, or not enabled something, as the message I get from File Zilla is "connection refused by server" I don't know if you can help me with this as well.

How do I flash it, I've never heard of that. When you say menus, do you mean basic ones like setup, plugins, information, etc? because I've still got those. I did have to download the plugin openwebif to get to plugin oscam latest.

Do you have epgimporter and autobouquetmaker and such likes?
Resetting factory settings is never a good idea
If filezilla is refusing connection it's almost certain you have incorrect ip address in Host it won't accept commas or spaces between digits it has to be
Etc

Yes, I have epgimporter and autobouquetmaker. I've also checked and double-checked, and I have definitely put the right ip address into the host. Its exactly as you have written it. ( 192.168.0.20 ) that's my host ip address

Back