Fire stick questions

channelking

Hi guys

Been give the old gen 1 fire stick I believe.

I know compared to the newer versions hardware aint that good.

But hoping for streaming and IPTV its good enough.

Have few questions if you dont mind. As tried to read and follow some guides/tutorials but even more overwhelmed. Get everything is app based nowadays but its too much and really no idea where to go.

1. Not possible to use fire stick without having to login into an amazon account as wouldnt amazon know you are downloading "illegal" apps?

2. What are best ways to download apps on firestick as seem so many methods such as filelinked, aptoide, downloader etc? Are such methods like filelinked and aptoide not full of viruses especially the former as where would you even get codes from?

3. would it work well wirelessly and not possibly to hard wire to network?

4. What are main apps I should have for IPTV and streaming generally?

Thank you in advance.

Anyone kind enough to answer above questions?

With fire stick how do you sideload apps as I have read different ways but which is best?

Is kodi worth installing and still good to use?

Kodi is crap easiest way is either apps2fire for phones or adb link you need an amazon account for firestick so it links to your account there's Netflix or pay £7.99 a month get amazon prime on it for tv shows movies you can have plex iptv all the usual on demand stuff on it won't work on ethanet as not 2nd or 4k firestick app for iptv is iptv smarters smart opt XCIPTV_PLAYER stb emu Pro the general streaming is Netflix bbc iplayer UK TV now there is other apps you can have zeatv ect hope that's answered your question

So kodi with all its add ons not worth it mate?

On home screen of firestick has all different options.

Is this apps2fire not on firestick and what is it exactly?

Not worth getting Netflix or prime mate if you have kodi and streaming apps.

Ain't aptoide and file linked main ways to sideload apps? I have read you need something called downloader. What's that?

Oh that kinda sucks would have been good to connect directly to network. Just concerned issues with wifi.

Kodi is not worth it there is downloader where you can download apk to the firestick if you know some one who will make it a tiny url or know how to do it from media fire account have a look on YouTube plenty of tutorials on there about apps for firestick apps2fire you send apps from your phone to the firestick there all what's available on home screen without sideloading apps you would be better with plex alot less hassle tbh and a lot of time saving

1. You definitely need a amazon account,you can also disable all the snooping settings but does that do it entirely who knows ??

2. Only ever used adblink can’t comment on the others.

3. WiFi only.

4. I’ve tried various stb emu never got any to work. There is also smarters but never tried that in the 1gen sorry.

1. You definitely need a amazon account,you can also disable all the snooping settings but does that do it entirely who knows ??
You do not need amazon account to setup a firestick, dont know why installing apps that are used for IP*V should be linked to amazon account.
If you buy firestick from amazon it will arrive to you with your amazon account preinstalled. If you buy it else were you will need to setup account.
Use info in table for dummy account to bypass your personal info being stored on amazon.
These card numbers can NOT be used for fraudulent reasons and you can NOT purchase apps in store.

While testing, use only the credit card numbers listed here. Other numbers produce an error.
Expiration Date must be a valid date in the future (use the mmyy format).
Test Credit Card Account Numbers

Credit Card TypeCredit Card Number
American Express378282246310005
American Express371449635398431
American Express Corporate378734493671000
Australian BankCard5610591081018250
Diners Club30569309025904
Diners Club38520000023237
Discover6011111111111117
Discover6011000990139424
JCB3530111333300000
JCB3566002020360505
MasterCard5555555555554444
MasterCard5105105105105100
Visa4111111111111111
Visa4012888888881881

Kodi is not worth it there is downloader where you can download apk to the firestick if you know some one who will make it a tiny url or know how to do it from media fire account have a look on YouTube plenty of tutorials on there about apps for firestick apps2fire you send apps from your phone to the firestick there all what's available on home screen without sideloading apps you would be better with plex alot less hassle tbh and a lot of time saving

I have looked at tutorials you previously but don't get it. That is the point there is just to many of them here really confusing and overwhelming.

There is just so many methods to sideloading apps seems so complicated.

I want to sideload mate. Pointless using plex if don't have sub for plex.

Don't matter apologise for stupid questions as is the norm with me.

Will just figure it out myself some how.

I have looked at tutorials you previously but don't get it. That is the point there is just to many of them here really confusing and overwhelming.

There is just so many methods to sideloading apps seems so complicated.

I want to sideload mate. Pointless using plex if don't have sub for plex.

Don't matter apologise for stupid questions as is the norm with me.

Will just figure it out myself some how.
Thats why you buy a plex sub to use plex better than most free ones on offer

Don't know if comfortable using fake account with fake card details on fire stick.

But Also don't like my personal account being used with card details as they will have all my info plus could just charge me what ever they want. Dont get why have to have card details showing to.setup with firestick.

Thats why you buy a plex sub to use plex better than most free ones on offer

Don't want to use plex mate. From what i read plex only use for VOD not iptv.

Want to install free apps for iptv and apps like cyberflix etc.

Don't know if comfortable using fake account with fake card details on fire stick.

But Also don't like my personal account being used with card details as they will have all my info plus could just charge me what ever they want. Dont get why have to have card details showing to.setup with firestick.
Your mind runs away with fairy's mate if your that paranoid don't bother with firestick stick to what you have a lot less hassle and stress for you and everyone lol

Don't want to use plex mate. From what i read plex only use for VOD not iptv.

Want to install free apps for iptv and apps like cyberflix etc.
You can install any app I mentioned earlier for iptv for free but some people offer plex and iptv together so would be plex for plex and smarters for iptv

Yes I am paranoid. Sorry for that but I really cant help that.

Just thought would have been simple to setup firestick but clearly for someone like me it isn't.

Didn't want Amazon to cause any issues for me.

If you just want to experiment with it have a look at the you tube vids for using the downloader app on firestick and use it to install kodi and see what still works. Just use one of the smaller builds if not wanting to set it up with only the addons you use. Some of the guys I work with use this method and find it easy and they just about manage to turn on a pc, if they can do it I am sure you can. You can always factory reset the firestick after if you don't like end results, I wouldn't worry about amazon their only interest is flogging the sticks and any attempt to intervene in a persons use of it would only result in people not buying the things anymore. As long as you can go online and find the url of the app you want and input it in downloader you can then install it ( providing it is the correct app for a firestick)

I know downloader is most popular option for installing methods but also apps2fire from phone to fire stick.

Would aptoide be worth using to get apps directly on fire stick?

I'm guessing file linked can be installed on fire stick also to get apps in one place. Just not sure where to get the codes from as don't want to get them from anywhere.

There are many methods it seems to sideloading apps. Just got to try couple.

When setting up fire stick with Amazon account will it work if card details have expired or need to be up to date? Wouldn't put it past Amazon to sneakily charge money without me knowing.

I know downloader is most popular option for installing methods but also apps2fire from phone to fire stick.

I'm guessing file linked can be installed on fire stick also to get apps in one place. Just not sure where to get the codes from as don't want to get them from anywhere.

When setting up fire stick with Amazon account will it work if card details have expired or need to be up to date? Wouldn't put it past Amazon to sneakily charge money without me knowing.
They won't charge for anything unless you have bought something or subscribed to something like amazon prime there is a video on YouTube with a code for filelinkden with amount of questions you could have had it set up by now try all methods only way to learn mate I'm not been harsh but now is a good time to learn and research properly

You don’t need to give them your card details to have an amazon account. There is lots of stuff you can watch on a firestick that doesn’t charge. (BBC iPlayer etc)

You don’t need to give them your card details to have an amazon account. There is lots of stuff you can watch on a firestick that doesn’t charge. (BBC iPlayer etc)
You can “not” download free apps without card details. Many dont realise it, if you buy a firestick from amazon it will setup with your amazon account to firestick before they dispatch it. If you buy a firestick from say..... currys or another retailer you can setup firestick, but when you attempt to download an app it will not allow you. (even free apps)
This happened to me when i bought a firestick from currys. Once i set firestick up i went to download “downloader”.
Downloader if free app and it would not download untill account with card details was added.

(as mentioned this does NOT happen if purchased directly from amazon)

Thats the reason i added CC details in post #7.

Ye I have used one and don't think he got from Amazon.

Was hoping to leave my card details which are on there atm as they are which is expired. But guessing need to have up to date card details.

Hate they force you do have an account with card details just to use firestick and download apps. Google play works fine without card details when downloading free apps. No issues with that.

Just reading all the comments, just to put your mind at rest, you definitely don't need to put your credit card details in.
Just set an account up on your phone or tablet with Amazon, you enter email details, and as long as you put a credible adddress with a postcode and a password you can skip adding a credit card .
You will then get an email with a congratulations you've logged in, then just power up your firestick and enter your email and password and you will then be good to go.
As previously stated plenty of tutorials on YouTube to get you started

@satspain

Will you still be able to download apps especially free apps from the app store on fire stick with no card details?

Poster stated earlier to download free apps credit card details need to be entered.

Have read a few tutorials and also watched a lot of video tutorials. Honestly seems mind boggling.

Yes, once you have signed in you can go into aptoide via downloader which you can follow on YouTube tutorials.
I personally use the Stb emulator pro which is free and run my iptv plus sub which has been successful on the firestick Marks 1/2 /4k

Back