Firestick 4K IPTV Questions

Ady257

Hi All

Currently have Firestick 4K running Smarters and IPVanish. I googled for a service and took a punt on one I found for a tenner for a months service. Took me a few hours googling and watching YouTube videos to get that far. Seems to be running ok but have some questions.

1) I set my vpn to auto server best connection in uk thinking that the lag will be less if it’s in same country as me. Is this correct or should I be using a different country?

2)The Smarters app seems to work ok. It buffers or hangs from time to time, more so on sports channels or Ppv events. I noticed there are different version of Smarters like Smarters pro. What is the difference?
I have gained some picture quality improvement by choosing the HW emulation option. Should I be using a dedicated player?

3) Ideally I would like use a wired connection but Firestick doesn’t have any option for this. What box would ppl recommend for a vpn and IPTV. Only interested in IPTV, eventually it will be for a family member with little computer knowledge etc. Must be vpn compliant e.g IPvanish that I am currently subscribed to.

Apologies for all the questions, if anyone could help me out that would be great

1. Yeah closest server that clears channels during a block is best. I only turn my vpn on when EPL blocks happen, haven't needed it this year.

2. Smarters Pro is probably just Smarters without adverts, usually that's how they do it. To avoid lag/buffering try viewing without the vpn on.

3. You can get an ethernet adapter for the firestick, and homeplugs to get the ethernet wire to it if the router is too far away. I watch iptv on a hardwired formuler z7+ and a firestick on WiFi, using digibit vpn. Would recommend.

It might also help reduce buffering if you clear the app cache in your firestick settings from time to time, and also switch off device and router for a full 5 minutes at the wall switch.

Before parting with any more money , try some free trials from link below , let them know what you want and wait
Anyone Recommend A Good IPTV Service for--- July-August-Sept 2019
For sports try watching the foreign channels instead of the British channels , bein 11 , nbc , le sports.
I use mx player . I’m just moving from android box to 4K Firestick as it seems to run better. I use NordVPN - not sure how much difference the vpn will make .

When using a vpn connect to a server close to you some vpns will kill your speeds some won't I, don't use vpn my self as mentioned either get ethanet adaptor for your firestick or some powerlines and ethanet adaptor also when watching a channel press ok on remote for the seek bar and press left till hw is highlighted and press ok as will change the player to hardware for you

Ethernet adapters for firestick are waste of money you wont get any extra benefits out of it. (I know people will jummp on and say it's not true but it is look at real world testing of them the usb port on these are very limited it creates overheads plus adapters are not good Amazon have gone so cheap with all their parts)

The only time it's worth getting one is if you cant get any wireless signal at all even then be better of using that money with some more towards a box that has adapter built in.

Buying a quality hdmi extension lead is best option if needing to move device for better signal

Ethernet adapters for firestick are waste of money you wont get any extra benefits out of it. (I know people will jummp on and say it's not true but it is look at real world testing of them the usb port on these are very limited it creates overheads plus adapters are not good Amazon have gone so cheap with all their parts)

The only time it's worth getting one is if you cant get any wireless signal at all even then be better of using that money with some more towards a box that has adapter built in.

Buying a quality hdmi extension lead is best option if needing to move device for better signal
Its funny you should say that my WiFi on firestick was 15mbps now with ethanet adaptor running at 32mbps direct into a power socket so imo they do work I got the amazon's choice one at £13 and to me it's a good buy

Its funny you should say that my WiFi on firestick was 15mbps now with ethanet adaptor running at 32mbps direct into a power socket so imo they do work I got the amazon's choice one at £13 and to me it's a good buy

meaningless

no details about whole setup

meaningless

no details about whole setup
Sly q router running at 40mbps get 15mbps on WiFi set an Amazon 4k firestick into hdmi port on TV with ethanet adaptor plugged in to stick ethanet cable into adaptor then power supplier plugged into ethanet adaptor then other end of ethanet direct to router and power supplier to stick into a mains socket no extension that better lol

Anything is better hardwired I have tried and tested the firestick and works loads better with the adapter! And for the setup it’s a piece of piss, 1 page information leaflet will show you the setup stages. But to be honest if you can’t work out how to set this up, you need to look in the mirror and have a quiet word with yourself

Also the quality of the Amazon build is spot on, the wifi adaptor is better than my old Droidbox and all the other android boxes I have owned!! I only lose a couple mbps using wifi and at least 25% on boxes, Bluetooth works superfast and it coudnt be easier or quicker to sideload apps!! its a no brainer for me!!

Sly q router running at 40mbps get 15mbps on WiFi set an Amazon 4k firestick into hdmi port on TV with ethanet adaptor plugged in to stick ethanet cable into adaptor then power supplier plugged into ethanet adaptor then other end of ethanet direct to router and power supplier to stick into a mains socket no extension that better lol

something is not working right then.

what's 40mbps your internet or wireless?

yes hardwired is preferred method but not if it uses poor equipment/setup

Being that I have been network engineer for over 30 years I would know a thing or two about it.

something is not working right then.

what's 40mbps your internet or wireless?

yes hardwired is preferred method but not if it uses poor equipment/setup

Being that I have been network engineer for over 30 years I would know a thing or two about it.
That's what speeds I get from my router mate I'm on 40mbps package what comes from exchanged

I get 48 mbps at router, the 4k stick on wifi registers 40mbps when on the Amazon ethernet adaptor it registers 48mbps, if I use vpn USA it registers over 15mpbs, I have four ethernet connections direct from router 2 H7s 1 H9s and the fire stick and all run at full strength, I would recommend that all cables are at least cat7 and mine are about 15m !! all the android boxes that I have run on wifi only registered 25 mpbs and when I tested in the same location with Tablet pc it registered over 40mpbs so with that in mind the firesticks wifi plug must be good!!

I found 2 old 1st gen firesticks in a drawer upstairs, one works well, set it up earlier and have just gave it away to a mate of one of my sons, the other one just wont power on, tried different HDMI ports and tried several HDMI leads, I am assuming that the fact it wont power up means its banjaxed and needs to be binned, unless anyone else knows if anything can be done with it.

I found 2 old 1st gen firesticks in a drawer upstairs, one works well, set it up earlier and have just gave it away to a mate of one of my sons, the other one just wont power on, tried different HDMI ports and tried several HDMI leads, I am assuming that the fact it wont power up means its banjaxed and needs to be binned, unless anyone else knows if anything can be done with it.
Should have tried the power cable off the working one

Sorry lads I thought I had said, yes I had tried that too didnt work either, guess its for the bin, thanks for the suggestions

Back