Firestick and slow internet download speed

@davyc26

Have been testing out a lot of Iptv services, most with custom apps.

The problem I’m having is that the download speeds according to the apps are like 3-4mpbs which means there is a lot of buffering.

When I speed test on the firestick itself using the inbuilt speed test I’m getting 50mbps which is my internet speed.

Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Ignore the test inbuilt to the iptv apps and use standalone speed test apps eg Analiti.

Your buffering issues can probably be solved by rebooting firestick and router by switching both off at the mains, clear the cache on the iptv app, make sure you've got parent settings switched off on your router.

As a test, connect using your phone's data to see if anything different on the IPTV service. (if different provider)

Thanks have done a full reset but no luck.

Phone data does work ok, I’m only on 4g but the buffering isn’t too bad.

Any other ideas?

Any other ideas?
Yes, turn off the nanny settings on your broadband account. These are set to ON by default, you have to change them manually

Any other ideas?

Often when people are experiencing the issues you're having they neglect to follow the very basic troubleshooting advice because they think that the problem is deeper than performing general maintenance of their setup. The only other thing apart from the points already mentioned is to look at hardwiring your firestick.

you need to delete apps that you don't use anymore, go in stick application/managed installed apps, highlight and delete the ones that are not needed, and clear cache on ones that you can't delete.

Is it any particular channel all channels when football is on vod series catch-up
Have you spoke to the providers who has offered you tests to see if they can help or most will say it’s your end lol.
What app are you currently using xciptv/smarters/iboplayer you could try changing stream format to hls see if that helps.
Are you using inbuilt player or external player like mxplayer vlc also who is your isp as that will help so people can advise on parental controls.
With limited info everyone will end up going round in circles.

Back