Firmware and quick code

hopper

Hi All

I'd like to know what is the latest FW for the LX800 Amiko box please.
I see there is a way to enter quick code instead of typing the URL, where can I find the code.

Thanks

Latest firmware you can download from here:

AMIKO_LX800_2.0.6.1_UK.bin

Update release includes:
- Update YouTube API Key for YouTube and YouTube Kids

Simple USB firmware update instructions:
1) Download above .bin firmware file and place in root of USB stick formatted as FAT32
2) With LX800 turned on and booted up place USB stick into LX800 and wait few seconds for USB device to be recognised
3) In menu on LX800 go to SETTINGS > USB Upgrade > File Patch > OK > Highlight .bin file > OK > Start > OK

Firmware upgrade will begin and STB will reboot once complete
Firmware can be download from here:
Code:
http://amiko.co.uk/lx800/AMIKO_LX800_2.0.6.1_UK.bin

Regarding a Fast Code then if it does not already exist (or you don't know it) then if you send me a private message with the URL details to add I can add it for you, once added then that will be available to all.

Evening guys. I have posted a reply to this earlier this morning but the post is waiting moderation probably because it has a link to the latest firmware so I imagine it will appear here some time soon but in the mean time I can confirm that latest UK version is
AMIKO_LX800_2.0.6.1_UK.bin Update release includes - Update YouTube API Key for YouTube and YouTube Kids.

Regarding a Fast Code then if it does not already exist (or you don't know it) then if you send me a private message with the URL details to add I can add it for you, once added then that will be available to all.

Hi
When you upgrade with this FW will you still be able to update online if there is a new FW available. ?
The reason I ask is after I upgrade with the latest FW I noticed that the voice was out of sync on most of the channels mostly HD and FHD.
And before you say its the server I ran XCIPTV on an Android box next to it and that was perfect.

I went back to FW 2.0.5.6 and this works fine, I tried to do an update online to see if it would update to 2.0.6.1 but gives an error.
Is there a way to install a FW that will update OTA.

Thanks

Online updates were discontinued a firmware or two releases back now simply because while it was never a problem for the vast majority (and for me I could never re-produce this at all) but some, not many but significant enough had an issue where it 'bricked' the hardware when making an online update. We think it was probably something to do with them being on mobile ISPs and perhaps a change of IP during update but bottom line decided to remove the possibility out of the equation so while it's technically possible for the firmware to support online updates then it won't be doing because we have disabled it server side, so long story short, it's USB updates only. (y)

Thanks for the info appreciate you taken the time to explain this.
Btw did you ever come across the out of sync issue that I am having

I've not come across it but in all honesty I have not tried it yet either :grin: I checked the updated part for YouTube and YouTube Kids worked (also noticed we can no longer enter our own API key which we could before, but I think this is by design) and that was working so released the update. I've not had any reports from elsewhere about the sync issues yet to be fair and as far as I know it was only an update in the API key area this time round but still if you are reporting it then fair enough, I will for sure check it out in the week and see what happens and if I can re-create then we can get it passed back for the engineers to to look at and hopefully do something about.... I'll post back here in the week when I've had chance to test and let you know how it's going.

Hi
Did a bit more testing last night, this is what I noticed on my unit.
If I watch in SD all is fine
If I watch in HD slightly out of sync
If I watch in FHD it's very noticeable

It's like there is too much to process with sound and video, as high resolution.

Hi

Does anyone here have the file needed to upload your URl into box without having to type it, I think it's a text file

Thanks

Its only a 2 minute job to type in the url. Your thinking of an m3u style url and its a portal method on your box and only a small Http:// section to enter

Back