First time set up Edision os mini - help please! :)

Hi all,

I have received my twin tuner os mini today and have been following Bees guide (which is great!). However, it looks like I've gotten stuck :(. I am a complete newbie to this all but I would really love to learn.

In the guide it says

In the EPG menu
Go into Multi EPG settings and press ok
Go into Cross EPG - configure and change the scheduled download to once a day.

I have followed all the steps until here but when I go into the Multi EPG settings and press ok it doesn't show anything like ""cross epg".

Here is a photo of what I see on my screen when I go into Multi EPG settings -

aa94c3d451c011b83a2f4e8951004864.jpg

And here is what I see one I've pressed ok -

43feace26cae4c9298cea95b8efe78d8.jpg

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it!! I'd love to get this thing up and running tonight!

Thank you in advance.

Cross EPG will not be in the standard openATV image you would be best downloading EPG import from the plugins section.

Are you following
Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

if so you have the wrong image installed, as the guide is for openvix not openatv

Thank you all for your answers.

@dangerous - I have just downloaded the plugin and I appear to be on track again, thank you.

@Paulh24 - I think I'm using openATV, although I'm surprised by this as when I purchased the box the I chose the option for the store to set up the box with openvix, is there anyway I can do that now? I am following the link that @scoob197 posted.

@scoob197 - ok, that would make sense! I think I would prefer open vix (does make a difference to user experience). I think I need something that is as user friendly as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furthermore, although downloading crossepg seems to have got me back on track, is there anyway I can start again and download openvix to the box instead?

yes flash with newest openvix, cross epg and autobouquetsmaker will be pre installed to make your life easier

@wiiblewobble - thank you, I'll have a look for it.

@scoob197 - ok I think this will definitely make my life easier!
Do I need to reset the box to factory settings? Can I flash it straight from the box or do I need to flash it via USB?

dont factory reset
flash with newest vix image for your box via usb
there are guides on flashing your box on the openvix website,have a look when you fetch the image

Hi all, after downloading the newest version of open vix and flashing it onto my box I have run into another road block it seems!!

I have gone into auto bouquet maker and selected Sly uk as my provider, I also chose the SD version of my area.

The next stage says :
In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers Order

I don't seem to have a "providers order". This is what I see -
60ed1a2e996eaa3ee265fc067107f6c1.jpg

I continued onto the next step and clicked "start scan" in the auto bouquet menu.

This is what happened -

78c2389f58bbad5ecc3e5ae9385f6fb8.jpg

It says 0 video and 0 radio.

Then this came on the screen

2e0f805c4865b2c304ac53663d765d88.jpg

Can anybody help please? I've been trying to set up this thing since last night!!!

Providers order is for combo receivers, don't worry about that, it doesn't apply for satellite only set up.

Have you set up your tuner configuration ?
1 tuner for single satellite cable, both tuners for 2 satellite cables

In ABM set it to your area custom.

You all have been so helpful, I can't thank you enough!

I downloaded your open vix @willo3092 - this is amazing and has just made the whole thing a breeze thank you!

Is there a way to setup my area in Abm with this vix and Sly skin? I wouldn't normally mind but I like to have the news be in my region. I looked in AB 28.2E and it looks like it is currently set to the East Midlands.

@dangerous - Yes, I did set up my tuner config for both tuners but while using the other vix from the website it didn't allow me the scan sadly.

I would love to now just set the location and then hopefully start testing.

I have FileZilla downloaded - the box with @willo3092 build seems to have mgcamd.1.38 and CCcam.2.3.0 on the box. When inputting a line would I need to copy and overwrite the Newcamd file to the box or manually input the line? The box is currently running mgcamd.1.38.

Well yeah, just change the setting to your area... as for a skin, just google slyk skin.

Yes you need to put the new file in, or just copy the line text and paste it into the file on the box.

Hi, both have already been set up. I seem to be getting the Sly channel list however the channels are already set to the East Midlands from AB 28.2E -

a678ffa79ef0eef38dee5e00de6cb5a8.jpg

When I attempt to start scan from ABM it is still saying 0 video, 0 radio.

When I go to config tuners they are both set to Astra.

Back