Ford Fiesta 2008 Rear Wiper Arm

Not had a rear wiper for over 12m.
It fell off after the splines gave way and it was too loose to operate.
In hindsight I think it froze to the glass but operated automatically when I reversed without defrosting it.
Rear wiper comes on automatically on mine if front wipers are on and you reverse.
Passed MOT without it because it's not there to be tested.
Will pick one up from scrappy when I go for a few other bits.
Need a door lock/barrel and key.
Half my key is stuck inside the door following -5 degrees disaster on Tuesday morning

hot key not much use now. Half a Citroën key stuck in door lock.
New ignition barrel fitted yesterday due to having no spare.
Have to unlock the door using stub of original key.
Start car with new keys but have to hold half key with transponder near new key so immobiliser is knocked off to start car.
Plan is to get a new barrel and key for the door, tape the transponder key stub to ignition housing and just use two keys, one for door, the other for ignition

how does the wiper come off, does the black bit over the screw lift up (screwdriver to prise it?)
might investigate further when its a bit warmer outside, try and take it off and clean up with wd40 and see what happens.
no need for a scrapyard can just tale one off another car in a car park lol and swap it for mine

Under the bottom cover there's a locking nut.
When you take that off the arm lifts off but it will be very tightly on as it has splines

Under the bottom cover there's a locking nut.
When you take that off the arm lifts off but it will be very tightly on as it has splines
Yes I know the locking nut is underneath but do I prise the top bit up with a screwdriver as its not wanting to move

It can be sprayed in place and no need to remove it,it might be dearer when rear screen goes also :fearscream: :fearscream: :fearscream: :fearscream: :fearscream: :fearscream:

Spray around the shiny rivet on top.below and inside and tell wiper to do 50 push ups, feels looser now does it not?

Cap prises up/off safely at end of arm if needed.

Yes on first pic it shows which way the cover will go.
It will be stiff.
Don't prise it by putting pressure on the glass.
Unless you have a spare rear screen
yes got 2 new spare rear screens, keep em ion the back seat just in case summat like this happens :laughing:

decided to just take the rear screen out so no need for a wiper arm or blade now as no screen to clear, sorted!
only problem is I have to wear 2 coats, hat, gloves, scarf inside as it's ucking freezin!

Back