Formuler vs Nvidia Shield for IPTV and other stuff

Senscott

Hi,
I'm moving in next month and I plan on taking IPTV. I currently have no real viable option as a box (only the chromecast with google TV, which lags a lot when I tried smarters on it).
I'm therefore looking towards Formuler or Nvidia Shield. My plan is to watch IPTV channels for rugby, and on demand for Movies and TV shows. Also the "watch back 7 days" feature that comes with my IPTV provider.
But I'd also use the box as a Plex server and client to watch 4k movies stored on my NAS (which can't run Plex). And also other "classic" apps : Prime Video, etc.
Gaming is an option but it's not a big deal if I can't.

So. What do you think would be my best bet as a box?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

PS : any other option is welcome too

Last edited:
You get many onions on this but here is mine.

Formuler for IPTV but apps like Netflix Prime wont be the full HD/4K version on a Formuler. If these are important to you then the Shield may be the best option for you.

Plus sheild will give you full TV android experince formuler boxes are good boxes and used to sit in the mid range price. Now in my opinion are out pricing themselves.

Formuler, z11 pro over a shield any day. Mytvonline3 is a class above..
That IMPLAYER is pretty good dose pretty much the same for sheild.

You can add all your favourite channels to home screen. But downside is you need android TV to create the channel.

Unfortunately you'll get the formuler fanboys insisting their device is the best without even reading your requirements. It's a shame because it spoils device discussions but I think it's some sort of psychological issue they have.

Unfortunately you'll get the formuler fanboys insisting their device is the best without even reading your requirements. It's a shame because it spoils device discussions but I think it's some sort of psychological issue they have.
Well the thing is buddy they have started sneaking into Sheild prices.

You are paying for the app. Which IMPLAYER is pretty much the same with a few nice additions.

Lol 😆 🤣
Personally picture in picture aspect is very good...

Not sure. They need to go full TV android and full on android system not the mobile version they have.

Hi,
I'm moving in next month and I plan on taking IPTV. I currently have no real viable option as a box (only the chromecast with google TV, which lags a lot when I tried smarters on it).
I'm therefore looking towards Formuler or Nvidia Shield. My plan is to watch IPTV channels for rugby, and on demand for Movies and TV shows. Also the "watch back 7 days" feature that comes with my IPTV provider.
But I'd also use the box as a Plex server and client to watch 4k movies stored on my NAS (which can't run Plex). And also other "classic" apps : Prime Video, etc.
Gaming is an option but it's not a big deal if I can't.

So. What do you think would be my best bet as a box?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

PS : any other option is welcome too
Personally a box/device can only perform as good as the service imo.
Before you even contemplate iptv what Internet speeds do you get also whether you would want it hardwired or WiFi we all have our favourite boxes ie some like the shield some like the formuler range and all comes down to budget and preferences and if your wanting a user friendly device me myself think a shield is overkill just for iptv unless you like gaming that's my opinion it also has upscaling as I've owned 2 now latest models and didn't like them like every device they all have pros/cons I know a few members on here own them and like them and others dislike them
I currently run a formuler cc box and can't fault it all mainly for the mol app and built in tuner and really simple to use especially for missus and kids (worst luck) lol.
As for devices as already stated depends on budget but here is a list in no preferance of other devices to look at and I own formuler box firestick 4k amazon cube the buzz Vidstick and the buzz XRS4500 and the Amiko a6 box android TV 🙈🙈🤣🤣
Firestick 4k
Firestick 4k max
Amazon cubes
Firestick lite
Amiko a6
Amiko a6n
Amilo a9@
Buzz Vidstick
Buzz XRS4500
@Kuul Media forum sponsor will name more buzz range
Formuler z10
Formuler z 10 Pro
Formuler z 11
Formuler z11 pro
Formuler cc
Meacol I think there called
The new chrome cast
I would also look for a box that supports hevc265 codec as alot of providers use them nowdays I will say take plenty of trials of providers to start with and don't go straight for 12 months start at a month at a time.
Also if you have a smart tv you can run iptv on them depending on make and model

Back