Freesat on Zgemma H2s box

Hi guys.
I'm trying to resurrect an old Zgemma so that I can watch some football on another TV. This Zgemma used to have a subscription service on it which I have tried to delete if possible I just want to have Freesat on this box. Looks to me that someone has tried to do a factory reset. Any sugg3?

Hi guys.
I'm trying to resurrect an old Zgemma so that I can watch some football on another TV. This Zgemma used to have a subscription service on it which I have tried to delete if possible I just want to have Freesat on this box. Looks to me that someone has tried to do a factory reset. Any sugg3?
Is there an image installed?
Menu, information, about.

Do you have a satellite wire going to the box?

Have you tried a scan for free channels?

You might have to rescan 28.2 for channels that might have moved and would imagine Bouquets are outdated long ago.
Rescanning overwrites previous lists and you dont need cams on box either
Subscription would have run out years ago.
Depending on image might depend where old service was

You might have to rescan 28.2 for channels that might have moved and would imagine Bouquets are outdated long ago.
Rescanning overwrites previous lists and you dont need cams on box either
Subscription would have run out years ago.
Depending on image might depend where old service was
Re image this is what is on my TV, is this a Whooshbuild image, can't remember all of this terminology. Cannot see any reference to Astra 28.2 and there are no working channels. Can't remember how to scan for Freesat and yes Pablo there is a cable connection to the dish. Going to watch some footie until someone throws me out, ant downloadable manuals16698343080091400618174.jpg

"You cannot receive Freeview using a satellite receiver."

Thought I should be able to get Freesat FTA channels on a satellite reciever???

OpenATV 6.2 then

So old mate you really could do with sticking Grogs build on that.

But is it hooked up to a sky dish ? If so you could just run a manual scan

Setup -Service Searching -Manual Scan

Setup your tuner up

Simple
28e

Last edited:
You are here long enough to know how to find the correct sections for things... when we have a zgemma section, that will be the place for this thread.

Seeing as there have been so many replies, i have moved it, ordinarily I would delete this thread.

Last edited:
You are here long enough to know how to find the correct sections for things... when we have a zgemma section, that will be the place for this thread.

Seeing as there have been so many replies, i have moved it, ordinarily I would delete this thread.
Apologies for that. Forgot I even had a Zgemma box, nevermind that there was a Zgemma section in the forum - it's an age thing 😕

Forgot there was a cable and Satellite section too, it's only what we built ourselves up on. 🤣🤣

OpenATV 6.2 then

So old mate you really could do with sticking Grogs build on that.

But is it hooked up to a sky dish ? If so you could just run a manual scan

Setup -Service Searching -Manual Scan

Setup your tuner up

Simple
28e
It is hooked up so I'll thy that after the footie

Back