freezing - a different issue ?

Box has started freezing up a lot. Lat night every 10 seconds or so.

The seller shows me stats and in 5 days I have "Total Logins" and "Total Different UP Logins" as almost 100,000. Seller says its my issue to resolve - something on my end that is causing my network to ping his server so often

I have checked and ISP tells me my line is stable, a few disconnects - and so new ip addresses being given to me - but that is me forcing a reboot on the router because of the freezing.
9mb down and 1mb upstream, low ping to Plusnet too - and this is happening when no other activity, no major uploads or downloads. Icloud backups etc happening. Happening on 2 boxes.

Is there anything I should look at first - happening on 2 boxes - zgemma h2s and both running on openatv 5.3 - going to re flash with fresh (new) wooshbuild tonight for a kick off.

1 box is hard wired via switch to router - all gigabit network.
One is going through tplink 4220 homeplug - both have the exact same issue.

Been told to take everything off network and add them one by one - looking for any other advice please ??

Items connected to the network
PC - not on though - also virus scanned and clean
WD My Cloud - virus scanned and clean
Variety of ipad/iphones
Smart TV's
Network Printer

C lines running CCCam2.3.0
ECM time seems to vary a lot too - used to be 0.100 to 0.200 but now goes anywhere from 0.200 to 2.900 and freezes at any point in that range - if that's any help?

Cheers
Rich

yes 2 boxes so 4 tuners. Its everything so if you are recording its glitching on playback, also if you are watching live.

The ecm time is not at all stable - going to try a router change and putting devices back on one at a time. also re-flash to the latest wooshbuild and see if any of that helps.

The weird logins and different IP addresses is whats concerning me - surely only the devices with the line details can be trying to connect to the line server - nothing else has the info to try and login so to me it seems that it can only be the boxes that have an issue?

IMG_4673.jpg
2 separate lines - 1 for each box. These are some of the stats for a 5 day period - 100k login attempts/ip addresses.
Can these boxes get a virus?

---------- Post Merged at 01:12 PM ----------

Any experts know what any of this means? -

PS - IF ANY OF THE INFO SHOULDN'T BE ON SHOW LET ME KNOW SO I CAN REMOVE !! Took thh important stuff off I hope!

yes definitely different in both boxes. And both screen shots the supplier provided have different info but both are as bad as each other - one is a couple of hours longer up time but slightly fewer 'errors'

Weird, have you tried an long Ethernet cable in the second box and get rid of the home plugs (just for a test)
The problems you seem to have are usally caused by two many receivers trying to login in to the server at the same time.
Try one one box on its own and ask line provider for a screen shot or results.

The home plugs might be the issue on one I guess - the other is on a proper cable. Will try to take the homeplug one off altogether and run the second box only - see if that makes a difference.

Will also get a test and see if that is the same.

Painful as so many things to try to change - but doing them all at once isn't going to give me the answer of what has worked - if anything in fact works!

Unhelpful as we moved house so really everything is new - new cables, new internet connection, the homeplug form one box is new as didnt use a the old place... and new lines too as the old supplier disappeared and stopped responding so switched to what seems a reliable supplier from the facebook page and feedback from the support group..

Thanks for the suggestions!

My money is on the home plugs, disconnect then and try the Ethernet cable. I've seen 1 instance where a guy had a few different IP logins when he only had I single tuner using homeplugs. I'm yet to hear back from him as I've suggested taking out the homeplugs and using a Ethernet cable.
If you powered down one box I bet the other will work fine.

Edit:
Maybe just ask your server provider if he has had any problems running two lines off the same IP address ?

Last edited:
will give it a whirl dangerous. If it is the homeplug I am now in a position I could run a long (very!) to that box through the oft and down the outside wall.

They were a quick fix really for when we moved house before i put all the proper cables in.

If that is the issue, I still have the homeplugs which put out a wifi signal and hopefully without the box connected to the homeplug system they will still be ok to use as the wifi isn't brilliant in the house, keeping the zgemma outside of all that might be enough to stop my problems! Perhaps not...

I will report back.

Max cable length is 100 metres.
Personally I would get rid of any homeplugs and hard wire everything. My house has over 600 metres of cabling and everything runs like a dream. No glitches what so ever ( I have mastered Oscam though) [emoji6]

Can't hard wire an iphone though. I can get cable to almost everything else important but to pick up the dead spots I need the wifi boosters...

Might be back to you for some oscam advice if i can't figure it all out dangerous!!

I'll give you that (I phone set up) I do use wireless but on as little as possible. You won't believe the problems wireless signals cause in properties. I had a very interesting case in my own house that took months to work out (unfortunately for me half the house is connected to the bloody Internet)
Oscam now that's the future, if your new to Oscam you might need a few man hours and a little bit more money for this set up [emoji6]

Last edited:
I'm also having bad freezing issues have turned the dhcp to off from the menu settings on the box have just bought new home plugs an still doing it have tried Ethernet cable straight from the router still glitches have just got new beoadbad because plus net are shit an it was up anyway but still no joy, every time I ask my cline provider he keeps telling me sky keep changing the channel frequencies how do I deleted the cline from my box so I can try a 24hr line from someone else?. Cheers Mick

I presume your ABM is updating overnight or you have reran it manually recently? Request a test line in the appropriate section and the provider should help you. Not all provide C lines.

Thanks for the advice have a few people who have give me line details just wondering how I delete my line that I'm subscribed to at the minute ?

Back