Freezing during EPL on BT smart Hub 2

Hey Chaps

I need some advice here, as it was doing my head in tonight

Device is a 4K max firestick
Vpn is ip vanish
App is IPTV Smarters Pro
Using the in-built player option for Live Tv
BT Smart Hub 2 - 500MB

I was trying to watch the Forest game tonight and had constant buffering during the game

I checked with my mate - who has the same service and he’s with Vermin and said there were no issues at all

Contacted the supplier to get more help

Suggested to change the VPN Protocol in ip vanish from Wireguard to OpenVPN

I changed this but after a few mins - the footy started buffering again

Restarted the firestick
Updated the IP vanish App as there was an update available
Restated the router

Yet again the problem is still there - freezing and buffering every 20-30s during Forest game

Phoned my mate who also has the same service but is on vermin - said he has no issues but another mate - whose got BT smart hub 2 is also seeing freezing on TNT sports 1 - as the boxing was on

I have disabled Bt Web Protect last week. There isn’t an option to disable Smart Setup which is mentioned on these forums

Are there any other settings in the BT that l can try to resolve the problem

It can’t be the provider as it’s working fine on Vermin using a 4K max firestick

Maybe BT are blocking streams during the games however l can’t pinpoint in the settings what l can disable as l have already disabled BT Web Protect

In the router - there isn’t any options to disable Smart Setup - but according to other forums this option is now disabled

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
With football normally easy. Usually 4 or 5 different sources.

What you should of done is check something like a movie stream if that is playing up could be supplier issue.

If not try one of the other football streams.

What you should of done is check something like a movie stream if that is playing up could be supplier issue.

Sorry l meant to say that l did try other sources and they were freezing as well as streams like bbc1 HD and TNT sports 1

After 10pm all settled down - no freezing on these streams

Sorry l meant to say that l did try other sources and they were freezing as well as streams like bbc1 HD and TNT sports 1

After 10pm all settled down - no freezing on these streams
Also bear in mind that if you are using a VPN some services do not like Multi Hop or Virtual VPN locations, if you are able choose a static VPN location

I will give that a go tomorrow
Just odd that my mate has a 4K Firestick Max as well with Vermin - and he didn’t experience any issues

Hence why l thought it should be BT

Yeah try other streams, NEARLY everyone jumps straight for either BT or Sky Sports, I tend to get a better service on something like Optus or Supersports

Just odd that my mate has a 4K Firestick Max as well with Vermin - and he didn’t experience any issues

It could be BT mate, it could be that your mate is on a different server to you, could be anything. Take a trial off someone else within the request section and see if you have the same issues. Let it be known in the request thread that you are requesting the trial for this specific purpose, and therefore none of the hounds chasing money will hound you, those that are genuine will help! I hope you get it sorted (y)

Probably one of the main issues with IPTV same apps and setup but different ISP and maybe a few different settings to player etc users experience different issues.

Probably one of the main issues with IPTV same apps and setup but different ISP and maybe a few different settings to player etc users experience different issues.
I setup the firestick for him
So its exactly the same settings he is using as mine - just the ISP is different

He’s turned off websafe
I’ve turned off BT Web Protect
Best advice I can give you is to power off the router.
Leave it off for at least 5 minutes.
While it's off, clear the cache on your android devices.
Power off the androids.
After 5 minutes, power on the router.
5 minutes later, power up the devices and update your playlist/sub, then see if anything is different

Everything is absolutely fine at the moment
Seemed like it’s happened during the times of the EPL
Let’s see what happens tomorrow

Great advice thank you as always everyone

How many other people/devices in your house were using the Internet at the time you experienced the buffering? I'm with BT and the main cause of buffering is if my offspring are downloading games on their consoles upstairs.

How many other people/devices in your house were using the Internet at the time you experienced the buffering? I'm with BT and the main cause of buffering is if my offspring are downloading games on their consoles upstairs.
Only 3 of us and the little one is only 15months - so speed isn’t an issue

Speed test done on firestick was 60Mbs downstream

Back