GrogBuild Fresh install

meanie

Going to do a fresh install on a zgemmah5 will be using it at my caravan now the question is I don't have a dish at home
can I still install and finalise when at my caravan ?

Going to do a fresh install on a zgemmah5 will be using it at my caravan now the question is I don't have a dish at home
can I still install and finalise when at my caravan ?
Youll need internet access at the caravan so that it can download installation files etc.
You could install Grogbuild at home then just configure the tuners etc when you take it to the van, only a few minute job

so go through the process put on openatv 6.4 via usb then use OpenWeb Interface to put Grogbuild on and all i have to do is config the turner and autobouquet once at the van

so go through the process put on openatv 6.4 via usb then use OpenWeb Interface to put Grogbuild on and all i have to do is config the turner and autobouquet once at the van
No, putting Grogbuild on isn't like putting wooshbuild on, you just flash Grogbuild from scratch, that installs today's version of openatv then adds the Grogbuild enhancements.

Then configure the satellite tuner and configure ABM.
I assume you will be using Freesat?
You can tell Grogbuild to configure it for your region but with no dish it won't find anything....it will highly likely set it up ready though but I can't confirm this as I don't use Freesat

Yes that's the correct procedure, you don't flash openatv first.
You just openwebif and paste in the command line.
This then downloads the newest version of openatv to your box and flashes itself automatically and adds Grogs extras etc
got ya ! so what ever is on this box when it arrives ignore and follow that procedure ?

Yes just set up a usb in the box, initialise it so that Grogbuild has got somewhere to store temp files as it downloads them, then use the command line in openwebif

if you have the latest vix on the box then you may have to flash atv 6.4 via usb first as there have been changes to vix that crash the setup script.

During the setup, you will be asked which region you want for freesat, and everything will be setup BUT if you have no sat connection at home you will get an error About the tuner when it boots up after setting up, but once you connect the dish at the van, it should then scan for the channels and you should be ready to go

any images thanksto see what grog build looks like?
look at the Grogbuild Freerange thread (linked below in my signature) there are some screen shots.

Ignore the above reply, it's been so long I got it wrong. there are no screen shots lol

Back