FTA Channels disappearing

I would love to know how you got it working without touching dish? And with filezilla are you starting with site manager and port 21? I think dish has moved in wind. Did you check signal in signal finder? I am mystified:unsure:. I have never touched satellites.xml in all my time with enigma 2!!

I used Dreambox edit and I removed the sat.xml file in enigma 2 and I had already uploaded the updated sat.xml file using Filezilla and now I have most of the channels back again, well about 650 channels but I have the missing one's that I needed and they are showing a good signal so hopefully they all remain.
Tried site manager with port 21 but still nothing, I'll just have to learn a bit more about Filezilla and Dreamboxedit.

I used Dreambox edit and I removed the sat.xml file in enigma 2 and I had already uploaded the updated sat.xml file using Filezilla and now I have most of the channels back again, well about 650 channels but I have the missing one's that I needed and they are showing a good signal so hopefully they all remain.
Tried site manager with port 21 but still nothing, I'll just have to learn a bit more about Filezilla and Dreamboxedit.
your earlier attempts were asking for a password, even though you many have never set a password on the box, someone else may have.

You can change it yourself using the remote, I'd use 1111 or 0000 to keep it simple, then try and login via filezilla or putty etc using that password.

Menu - setup - system - network - password setup

Type your new password in and click save

your earlier attempts were asking for a password, even though you many have never set a password on the box, someone else may have.

You can change it yourself using the remote, I'd use 1111 or 0000 to keep it simple, then try and login via filezilla or putty etc using that password.

Menu - setup - system - network - password setup

Type your new password in and click save
There is no password set up in network

I didn't say there isn't a password in 6.1, I said there isn't a requirement for it.

On newer images, you cannot FTP unless you set a password.

You have been able to FTP to it already, so maybe IP address changed owing to DHCP lease on router expiring.

Hi,
Just to update this problem.
I lost all my channels the other day again and the box was not showing the astra 2e satellite at all.
I used my neighbours satellite dish by joining up to his cable and I have all my channels back again, so it was obviously a problem with the LNB on the dish.
Thanks again for all your help,it's been an education.

Hi,
Just to update this problem.
I lost all my channels the other day again and the box was not showing the astra 2e satellite at all.
I used my neighbours satellite dish by joining up to his cable and I have all my channels back again, so it was obviously a problem with the LNB on the dish.
Thanks again for all your help,it's been an education.
But you still haven't said what caused it 🤔

Hi
i have 858 channels showing after a manual scan with a single satellite and they have now stopped working ie: no picture or sound.
I uploaded a new xml.satellite file and rebooted zgemma box and reloaded channels but still nothing showing.
The network is showing ok,any ideas ??

Attachments

• 1_0_19_1B13_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231030153018.jpg
    1_0_19_1B13_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231030153018.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 14
Back