Gigablue UHD UE 4K lost Openvix

When box was bought was a hdd added at shop/or you so there is one in machine ?

Or not and your recordings are going to another box.

Might you have any usb devices plugged in to box.

I scrolled back and see mention of internal Toshiba in that box.?

Have you tried powering off box and then on to see if mentions storage device?

Not sure but if you run a network scan assuming Samba is running does it pick up this box and can you enter into the hdd part to see if it is green and mounted.

If going in from other box does not work check ip matches as can change.

Have you tried powering off box and then on to see if mentions storage device?

Not sure but if you run a network scan assuming Samba is running does it pick up this box and can you enter into the hdd part to see if it is green and mounted.

If going in from other box does not work check ip matches as can change.

Well done 'O prickly' one,we now know the Tosh was fitted at the shop, which shop was it? local to him or was it on line? lf local to him he needs to take it back and kindly ask if they will remount the drive. lf it was on line he either needs to do same / or with your detailed instructions how to remount the drive,lt is obvious he is not listening to any other members instructions.:unsure:(y)

Well done 'O prickly' one,we now know the Tosh was fitted at the shop, which shop was it? local to him or was it on line? lf local to him he needs to take it back and kindly ask if they will remount the drive. lf it was on line he either needs to do same / or with your detailed instructions how to remount the drive,lt is obvious he is not listening to any other members instructions.:unsure:(y)
I'd like to refer you to post #5

As indicated by Ferret, this might just be a mounts issue.

@Billy315
Take a clear picture and upload of what you see when you press/select:

Menu > Information > Devices

Menu > Information > About

Please make sure pictures are clear for us. Two clear pictures required.

Last edited:
I think I will take out Toshiba from Gigablue box and sell the box. Buy another Gigablue with new Toshba or another make.

I think I will take out Toshiba from Gigablue box and sell the box. Buy another Gigablue with new Toshba or another make.
What suggestion have you tried from this thread, there is no reason to sell the Gigablue, the Gigablue is fine its a mounting issue or a hard drive faliure.

Follow this simple step

Menu-Setup-Storage-Initialise devices

Youll see your hard drive on that screen press ok twice to initialise

Reboot it and you should be able to start recording again.

If the Toshiba does not show on that screen chances are the HDD as failed and needs replacing.

What suggestion have you tried from this thread, there is no reason to sell the Gigablue, the Gigablue is fine its a mounting issue or a hard drive faliure.

Follow this simple step

Menu-Setup-Storage-Initialise devices

Youll see your hard drive on that screen press ok twice to initialise

Reboot it and you should be able to start recording again.

If the Toshiba does not show on that screen chances are the HDD as failed and needs replacing.
I used your advice just now. (Menu-Setup-Storage-Initialise devices) The only thing that came up was error. It looks like a new Toshiba after all. Thanks for your help.

Should I get another Toshiba 1TB HDD 2.5 Sata or change make?

Where should I get it from, Shop, Am*** or E***

To get my Gigablue working again?

Should I get another Toshiba 1TB HDD 2.5 Sata or change make?

To get my Gigablue working again?
Toshiba are usually long lasting drives maybe you were unlucky.

Use any HDD make you like imo id go for a 5400rpm drive.

Back