giving up the smokes

maca

ok what i would like to know is how many folks on tk have gave up smoking. i personally gave up nearly 3 years ago now. i used champix tablets witch i got from the doctor witch i would recomend to anyone who is serious about packing them in. what i really would like to know is other peoples ways of packing them in. im not in anyway knocking people who do smoke. also do you feel any diffrent since you did. have you gained a bit of weight or got diffrent taste of food. im pretty sure for those who do want to give up ther would plenty of support here on tk to help them along. and to any of you that have gave them up, a very big well done. all the bet maca...

used to smoke between 30/40 a day gave up 26 months ago started on patches then moved to were we are now, lost the patches in the move, but never looked back. found said patches a year ago, with all the moving decorating it never bothered me. weight gain half a stone but i was under weight so alls good in the world. just seem to get every fecking cold going.:)

cheers m8 still find some thing to spend the money on lol, only on the patches 3 weeks, tried countless times before. gave up for 9 months then went out got hammered woke up with a packet of fags. still clean this time.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

alcahol next if the other gets her way and moves 40 mins from work lol. not going to happen.

i never gave them up but h2o was off then for a bit 2 or 3 months im sure she'll post later maca

im not a quitter, once i start something ill never stop, boo too all those who cant take the habit and have to quit lol

giving it serious thought to give it a go this christmas, tried 3 times before, patches books and a bad viral flu, at the end of the day its all about will power, you either want to or you dont.

go for it axxxo pick a date then bang stick to it. good luck to you, you no were we are. (y)

im not a quitter, once i start something ill never stop, boo too all those who cant take the habit and have to quit lol

giving it serious thought to give it a go this christmas, tried 3 times before, patches books and a bad viral flu, at the end of the day its all about will power, you either want to or you dont.
well m8 never quit giving up im sure you'll get some moral support here m8..maca

I gave up smoking 16 1/2 years ago, i used to smoke 40 major a day, but cut down to ten silk cut a day when i got pregnant and then gave up altogether after a few months on the silk cut. It was tough, and i nearly went back on them three or four years later, but i find i react to smoke now, it makes me cough and sneeze and if i smoke i feel sick, so i won't be smoking again.

Prior to that i had tried acupuncture and tablets with no success, it was just will power that did it in the end.

I gave up many years ago now More so coz i had to than wanted to. Had 2 young kids and every time i wanted a fag they both needed me. I was on 40 a day before i had my 1st son as had been smoking since age 12. Of course my boys came 1st So i gave up and that was about 15-16 yrs ago. Never looked back. Mind you when i lost my sister i hada few and they made me so ill, that was 11 yrs ago. Now the smell makes me feel sick. Its the best thing i ever did. Put on a bit of weight and was lost as to what to do with the other hand, you know drink in one fag in other.

For those that WANT to give up you have got to do it for YOU no one else. My bro in law tried 4 times, in the end he got fed up with his young daughter asking if he was gonna die? THAT soon stopped him.

The guy that owns the shop trying to give up yet again - this time he has to do it for his health. He is so miserable and wants to dig etc at anyone and everyone, he is only 25.
There are not many places now you can smoke and its classed as anti-social where as 20 yrs ago if you didnt some you were anti-social.

I gave up smoking 16 1/2 years ago, i used to smoke 40 major a day, but cut down to ten silk cut a day when i got pregnant and then gave up altogether after a few months on the silk cut. It was tough, and i nearly went back on them three or four years later, but i find i react to smoke now, it makes me cough and sneeze and if i smoke i feel sick, so i won't be smoking again.

Prior to that i had tried acupuncture and tablets with no success, it was just will power that did it in the end.
well done eva. every one who has given up should give themselves a pat on the back

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I gave up many years ago now More so coz i had to than wanted to. Had 2 young kids and every time i wanted a fag they both needed me. I was on 40 a day before i had my 1st son as had been smoking since age 12. Of course my boys came 1st So i gave up and that was about 15-16 yrs ago. Never looked back. Mind you when i lost my sister i hada few and they made me so ill, that was 11 yrs ago. Now the smell makes me feel sick. Its the best thing i ever did. Put on a bit of weight and was lost as to what to do with the other hand, you know drink in one fag in other.

For those that WANT to give up you have got to do it for YOU no one else. My bro in law tried 4 times, in the end he got fed up with his young daughter asking if he was gonna die? THAT soon stopped him.

The guy that owns the shop trying to give up yet again - this time he has to do it for his health. He is so miserable and wants to dig etc at anyone and everyone, he is only 25.
There are not many places now you can smoke and its classed as anti-social where as 20 yrs ago if you didnt some you were anti-social.

well done linny .maca.

I was never into smoking so I never started.
My husband quit when the smoking ban came into effect in Ireland, he decided himself to do it this time and not because I wanted him to. He had tried so many times before and failed. He has been of them since then. He read the alan carr book, it worked for him :)

although your terms for smoking are a little different :) i have tried several times. actually just went 5 days, but bought a pack today as me and the wife are having extremelly hard times and i dunno what is going to happen. congrats to all here that were able to kick the habbit!

Sorry to hear things aren't going great for you homie, hopefully they will improve soon and you'll be able to give up smoking again :)

All im saying is research this drug first before trying it,we all know that prescribed medicine can have side affects,i know of people that have tried it and as badly as i want to quit smoking after hearing the side affects these people had i personally wouldn't use this drug.

i gave up usin patches for 2 weeks moved here and had so much to do did`nt even realise i was`nt using them that was over 2 years ago, smoked between 30/40 aday.:happy:

Back