Go Movies or 123Movies proxy address for IPTV Player

I run Wooshbuild 6 on my H2S. I live in the ROI, so many of the popular IPTV player add-ons are not blocked by ISPs here (unlike in the UK). When I installed Wooshbuild 6 Go Movies was there (but 123Movies was not.

However for the last week or so Go Movies no longer returns any movie search results (But ICE Films, SeriesOnline, YIFI do). I found Go Movies (and 123Movies before it) quite good, and has films that these others didn't - or at least in a higher stream quaility.

Maybe Go Movies has been blocked by my ROI ISP after all?, and so I looked up the internet for a Go Movies proxy address, but can't find one. However I did find a proxy address for the UK for 123Movies. Now, I believe that GoMovies replaced 123Movies, and that may be the reason 123Movies wasn't in WB6 IPTV player addOns list? But the strange thing is that there appears to be 123Movies proxies, but not Go Movies proxies out there. In any event, I put the 123Movies proxy into Go Movies to see if it worked there, but I am still getting the "No item to display. Press OK to refresh" message.

Does anyone know a solution to getting GoMovies working again which does not involve using a VPN?

I have just started amovie "Black ice" using it, I also got it to search for house of cards, and it found it and played it.
I am in Dublin using Virgin Media. I don't know if this helps or hinders you.

Go movies ok here too, reinstall IPTV player

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Ok thanks, good to know its working then (and I presume you haven't had to use a proxy address).

IPTV player came with Wooshbuild 6, how do I go about reinstalling IPTV player on its own - I can probably install it, but where do I find it to install a fresh version again?

I have just started amovie "Black ice" using it, I also got it to search for house of cards, and it found it and played it.
I am in Dublin using Virgin Media. I don't know if this helps or hinders you.
Thanks, that helps, and wheelo, I presume you didn't need to use a proxy address to use it in Dublin either?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go is not geo locked to uk like BBC iPlayer,
To remove go to plugins, then remove plugin - it's in extensions.
Reboot, plugins, then download plugins , extensions.

it will be listed once you have removed your version 1st

No, I have no vpn , or any such thing in my house or on my box. I didn't have to use proxies either.
I just tried again and noticed something, I asked it to search, it came back "No results, press OK to refresh", I pressed ok and there were results.
Arkles, I have edited your post to make your instructions a little clearer, I hope you don't mind.
Also before that, arkles suggested updating IPTV Player, you said you did every day, can I just ensure you are updating it correctly - press green, go to IPTV Player, go down all the way to the downward pointing arrow and select?

Last edited:
The true way to update is go into the APK, at the bottom hit the gear wheels, auto check for plugin set to yes, scroll down set "show update icon in service selection menu" to yes, green to save, back out and you will see the update arrow at very bottom

...you can also show/hide streams in service configuration , save when done, the rte player is available,

The reason I posted above is that some images hide the update button and it is updated by the image menu (ipab a main culprit)

Hi wheelo and arkles. Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Yes, I have previously updated and regularly updated IPTV player using that big green down arrow. I followed your suggestion arkles and uninstalled IPTV player and rebooted, checked that it was indeed uninstalled when I looked in Plugin Browser and then I reinstalled IPTV Player. But I am still getting the same result when I asked it to search, it came back with "No results, press OK to refresh", and when I press OK I get that same message again. I don't known if its significant but when I reinstalled IPTV player it had the same six add ons (Yifi, ewatchseries, IceFilms, SeriesOnline and HdCartoons, GoMovies) there, the other hundred which I had previously turned off were still turned off. I don't know if that's significant, in that it seemed to 'remember' the previous settings from the uninstalled version.

When I place the green outer rectangle over the Go Movies icon I see the address "http://gostream.is/" (and say for yify I see "http:/yify.bz/"). Yifi, ewatchseries, IceFilms, SeriesOnline and HdCartoons all work fine, its just GoMovies that gives that message when I ask it to search. Do either of you see "http://gostream.is/" when the green square is around the GoMovies icon?

Try an older version mate I'm sure on the update version screen you can also downgrade, or is it just the search that not returning ,but going through the tabs work?

Try an older version mate I'm sure on the update version screen you can also downgrade, or is it just the search that not returning ,but going through the tabs work?
The search on Go Movies only isn't returning anything, whilst the others add ons are returning search results, why are you saying to install an older version, why would that make a difference, other people with the latest version of IPTV player are using Go Movies fine?

I find searching can be temperamental on lots of the streams , just live with it as an update may cure it (at some stage)

Did you remove the IPTV player cache folder when you uninstalled IPTV player. The folder is normally found on HDD and retains settings used, if not removed the next time you install IPTV player it will reinstate your previous setup which could be the cause of your problems.

Did you remove the IPTV player cache folder when you uninstalled IPTV player. The folder is normally found on HDD and retains settings used, if not removed the next time you install IPTV player it will reinstate your previous setup which could be the cause of your problems.
arkes - No, I didn't know about that folder, ok I'll uninstall and search for that file and delete it.

Also Arkles, wheeloo, when you place the green outer rectangle over the Go Movies icon do you see the address "http://gostream.is/" ?

The search on Go Movies only isn't returning anything, whilst the others add ons are returning search results, why are you saying to install an older version, why would that make a difference, other people with the latest version of IPTV player are using Go Movies fine?
Because I had the same issue and that's what I did and it worked , so that's the difference it made .

Last time I try to help on this site .

Because I had the same issue and that's what I did and it worked , so that's the difference it made .

Last time I try to help on this site .
I wasn't trying to be offensive, I was genuinely asking why you thought it would make a difference. Thanks for the reply, now I see that it might make a difference.

Back