Goes Off

I had them basically tell me they block stuff. I had a dead good provider which completely failed to work. I even tried a few on here and all the same when footy was on.

They summat weird Vodafone I can't remember what exactly my post about it all is on here somewhere

With sly now and zero problems and with BT zero problems
Yes they normally throttle your speeds down to nothing. Had a few isps over the years only one ever had a problem with Vodafone.

Yes I'm sure if I did a speed test while watching IPTV it would be something like 0.6mb. turned IPTV off and left it a minute or two and I had 80mb a second. Was a year off torture ha 😭

They've always been known to throttle, the more I read into it. It was to upsell customers to switch to their higher fibre packages

They've always been known to throttle, the more I read into it. It was to upsell customers to switch to their higher fibre packages
This was a few years ago. They had nothing to upsell to. We have had virgin for the past 3 years. Never had a issue.

This was a few years ago. They had nothing to upsell to. We have had virgin for the past 3 years. Never had a issue.
They offer up to gigabit in most areas now. In fact some are still on their 36mbps and 73mbps which is the main ones with issues
Yep can agree been with virgin a while yet, apart from their poor routers they are the best

I'd like to get my own router tp-link seem popular and think are openreach approved, just haven't found a step by step guide on which one to buy if I have fttp and how to configure it.

Virgin routers are shite I put mine into modem mode and just use my deck system as main router
I have a Virgin router/hub.

Can you explain what you mean? I get decent speed on the IPTV on the firestick downstairs from my bedroom.

If i bought a new router and turned the Virgin Hub to modem, what are the advantages?
The most I could pay is £35/40

Can you explain what you mean? I get decent speed on the IPTV on the firestick downstairs from my bedroom.

If i bought a new router and turned the Virgin Hub to modem, what are the advantages?
If its fine for your use no need to change

I think you'd need to up your budget probably double to make it even somewhat worthwhile. Particularly compared to the hub 5

The virgin hub has to stay in one place where as with my mesh deco system I have one plugged into vm router in my living room I have one plugged in the kids attic bedroom and the 2ndd one on my 1st floor hallway between 2 bedrooms and the 3rd one is in my kitchen for when outdoor on garden.
I have the latest vm hub think it’s 6 and don’t like it so opted to get a mesh system with us been in a 3 storey house so worked out better.
If you don’t have any blackouts in your house for Wi-Fi then I wouldn’t change unless you want everything on ethanet lol

Back