gone forever

ven2112

recently lost my best mate , boxer aged 13 years old, was a big handsome strapping dog, , massive tumour on his head that started to push his top pallet down so couldn't eat, R.I.P. luka me auld mucka :cry:
old%20fella.png

rip i lost my staffie/boxer couple off years back its like death in the family there in a good place now

I feel for you mate i lost my staffy last month he was 14 1/2 years old i was gutted and still am, but he had a great life

Last edited:
Im brand new to the forum, and ive ended up in the animals section first.
Im a family man, 3 kids and they are 2 daughters 17, 10 and a son whos 11 months, 47 with a baby, but its great.
I have always had a dog in my life since being a kid and with my own family when we had to put out dog down, it was the hardest thing ive ever had to do.
Just making that call that times up..he was a cross boxer and ridgeback, and the poor bugger was only 9.
But that was a few years ago and we now have a 45 kilo husky called nanook.
my late grandad always used to say, part of having them is know when to do the right thing.
and if you still have love to give a dog, then when the times right, go get another and give it a home..

Painful,I lost my Border Collie a couple of months ago and I was totally lost without her,my whole routine was turned upside down.I was so lost I went out and got a border collie puppy.It helps but I still miss my best friend.Plus now I am so busy with a puppy I don't think about it so much.

recently lost my best mate , boxer aged 13 years old, was a big handsome strapping dog, , massive tumour on his head that started to push his top pallet down so couldn't eat, R.I.P. luka me auld mucka :cry:
old%20fella.png

I feel your pain. I said ," never again"
But I woud like something more permanent in time .

We all get so attached to our pets, so so sad when they pass away, sorry for your loss and take comfort in the fact that their pain has ended.

1536868014271.jpgwe had to have this wee guy age 13(Felix) pts on dec 19, heartbreaking, he had a mass on his stomach, and bother with his kidneys,was off his food for 2 days so took him to vet thinking he was dehydrated, got the phone call 2hrs later while we were putting up the xmas decorations,thinking it was to go and pick him up, then got the bombshell news, it was heartbreaking to go and have him pts, the thing is, he looked bright as a button, i now know its because he was on mega pain relief, but hey i miss him lie crazy

I can't press the like button on the above, as I know the pain everyone who posts on this thread, feels the same, regards their mates. One thing for certain is our pets will never leave our thoughts..

We had to put our cat down in December 2017, he had been suffering with an irregular heartbeat for a few months and one day he just collapsed, managed to get back up and his rear legs were basically not working and his breathing was struggling. It turned out that he had a clot on his heart and we had to have him put down. 14 years old he was, the worst part is my daughter witnessed him collapsing and struggling to breathe, she was only 4 at the time. She still talks about him now every time we drive past the vets, it's so difficult trying to explain death to a 4 year old.

Explaining death to a 4 year old or 40.
Is still a hard thing to endure. We as a family shed lots of tears over our losses.
But like yourself gone but never forgotten.

We had to put our cat down in December 2017, he had been suffering with an irregular heartbeat for a few months and one day he just collapsed, managed to get back up and his rear legs were basically not working and his breathing was struggling. It turned out that he had a clot on his heart and we had to have him put down. 14 years old he was, the worst part is my daughter witnessed him collapsing and struggling to breathe, she was only 4 at the time. She still talks about him now every time we drive past the vets, it's so difficult trying to explain death to a 4 year old.

gosh its heartbreaking, and trying to tell a child what happening/then the cat don't come home from vets, i still remember when i was 10, our cat got knocked down and killed, my brother brought her upstairs in wrapped in his jumper, the pain we both felt was un explainable, thought my heart was going to burst through my chest, my throat was tight and i could hardly breathe, my dad god love him, explained he was going to heaven, and he said we could bury him, we helped dig the space, got the cats favorite toys, my dad wrapped the cat in his blanket, and we placed him in the space with his toys, sort of made it easier, as we could go visit outside every day, but even now still thinking of it, my throat tightens up, sat here balling like i was when i was 10, i think it does stay with us, no matter what age we lose a pet, hope your 4 year old finds comfort in all you do

gosh its heartbreaking, and trying to tell a child what happening/then the cat don't come home from vets, i still remember when i was 10, our cat got knocked down and killed, my brother brought her upstairs in wrapped in his jumper, the pain we both felt was un explainable, thought my heart was going to burst through my chest, my throat was tight and i could hardly breathe, my dad god love him, explained he was going to heaven, and he said we could bury him, we helped dig the space, got the cats favorite toys, my dad wrapped the cat in his blanket, and we placed him in the space with his toys, sort of made it easier, as we could go visit outside every day, but even now still thinking of it, my throat tightens up, sat here balling like i was when i was 10, i think it does stay with us, no matter what age we lose a pet, hope your 4 year old finds comfort in all you do
I didnt mean any offence Eileen, by liking your post earlier, just sympathetic for your loss and same to ven2112, its a real heartbreak to lose a loved pet as they are a big part of our familys.

Back