Gotta Love Motorised

If you're going to use 2 receivers just for the motorized dish (one in the house & one in the shed), you should get a priorty switch, this lets you control the dish from the house as well as from the shed, (as long as both receivers are not in use at the same time), you would only need a single LNB on the dish, you don't want to be running out to the shed every time you wanted to move the dish.

thinking on, really the only time it would need moved for the house,
is, if no one else is at home, 13 19 and 28 would be available, my mrs has trouble enough with that,
so I dont think she be wanting more non english epgs,
I think any films she has watched have been ones Ive recorded for her tbh,

oh, worth a phonecall to seller at least,
one or the other receiver may not be switched off when watching though,
if no one home I'd be watching in the house, so shed would be off,
if annoying people [family] at home then they could be watching 28e [or 13 or 19] while I want to watch something else in shed, its a complicated setup I have, not to mention a multiswitch, :confused: for 28e
I currently have a quattro going to a multiswitch, which in turn feeds into 2 x diseqc switches,
I have dual 19 to diseqc
dual 13 to diseqc
and a feed straight from multiswitch to tuner B of box 1
box 1 tuner A and box 2 both go to respective diseqc, so 13 19 or 28 can be viewed on either box, box 1 can record on any sat but only watch 28 at same time, or if recording 28 can watch either 13 19 or 28 at same time,
but, Im really only one records, so thats pretty much irrelevant tbf,
28 freesat is always available at all TVs at any time, 6 points not counting boxes,
a multiswitch output is available at shed [this I'm thinking] can be re-purposed from the multiswitch for motorised if need be.
does any of this make any sense to anyone but me?
it did seem to be a bit of a suck it and see when I suggested putting a diseqc with a multiswitch, but it works fine.

should i get my crayons out.?
Far too complicated, as you are likely to be the only one using it, just keep the motorized dish & the 2 boxes separate from eveything else,
Where are you going to put the motorized dish ?.

Last edited:
Far too complicated, as you are likely to be the only one using it, just keep the motorized dish & the 2 boxes separate from eveything else,

Well, that's the next thing, just been looking at back of my house, about 8' east and a foot clearance higher, I'm hoping that won't hit the multidish sightline,,,,, (worried about that tbh)

Well, that's the next thing, just been looking at back of my house, about 8' east and a foot clearance higher, I'm hoping that won't hit the multidish sightline,,,,, (worried about that tbh)

Can I put the 2nd feed from the dish through a diseqc,?
And just set the receiver to some random setting,?
For box 1 obviously,?
Box 2 is the main dish for motorised.

Can I put the 2nd feed from the dish through a diseqc,?
And just set the receiver to some random setting,?
For box 1 obviously,?
Box 2 is the main dish for motorised.
You could do that, sorry but I don't know what you mean by random setting,
if the 2 boxes were the same you could have the same channel list on both.

You could do that, sorry but I don't know what you mean by random setting,
if the 2 boxes were the same you could have the same channel list on both.
Can I (for example) have the motorised lnb on output 4 of the diseqc, but what setting (satellite) would I be able to set the box on to select output 4,?
I think this is going to be another suck it and see,,,,,,

EDIT : that would be another input 4

Can I (for example) have the motorised lnb on output 4 of the diseqc, but what setting (satellite) would I be able to set the box on to select output 4,?
I think this is going to be another suck it and see,,,,,,

EDIT : that would be another input 4
Not sure, maybe set DiSEqC1.0 on the box to port 4

well, got it out of van and put it in back yard,
its dark
said to mrs,
'look what i couldnt not buy, it was only a tenner'
wtf do you need that for?
'so I can get 3pm football for your dad, has to be a bargain'
whatever

will await the daylight response tomorrow evening,,,,,,,,,,

its fkn massive btw,,,,,,!!!!!!!!

I think you are being greedy steptoe..... be satisfied with what you have :):(y):

I am, but,
tbh,
a 65cm dish simply isnt big enough to get 13 19 and 28 on in NW england,
some TPs just arent watchable, so, its either buy an 80 for 30£ or a 1m for 12.50£ :grin:
but, in all honesty, I have no idea if I actually have the room to mount it anywhere without taking the 65 down, :(
still, if it means I can get 13 19 and 28 good then so be it,
I simply cant be without 28 on a fixed signal, no bones about it, thats a given.

Reactions: ste
I am, but,
tbh,
a 65cm dish simply isnt big enough to get 13 19 and 28 on in NW england,
some TPs just arent watchable, so, its either buy an 80 for 30£ or a 1m for 12.50£ :grin:
but, in all honesty, I have no idea if I actually have the room to mount it anywhere without taking the 65 down, :(
still, if it means I can get 13 19 and 28 good then so be it,
I simply cant be without 28 on a fixed signal, no bones about it, thats a given.
I bet you have room for a magbox:grimacing: But then again l have nearly finished this bottle of port and l dont think l can see very well:)

I bet you have room for a magbox:grimacing:
no speed for IPTV
it was struggling to hit 1 tonight when the kids were on youtube etc,
plus, Im too used with HD , dont want to go back to analogue quality, imho.

looking into a cable box tho atm, depending on how that goes,,,,,

no speed for IPTV
it was struggling to hit 1 tonight when the kids were on youtube etc,
plus, Im too used with HD , dont want to go back to analogue quality, imho.

looking into a cable box tho atm, depending on how that goes,,,,,
MMMMMM... Password on router to keep predators at bay springs to mind

MMMMMM... Password on router to keep predators at bay springs to mind
my network is locked down as hard as it gets,
I use Kali as a general OS
I'm lucky if I get 12mb as a standard speed.
as soon as the kids hit minecraft or youtube forget it, even catchup tv is a no go

As above Ban the kids when daddy gets home.

I have thought about that,
but,
its not about daddy, daddy is happy with what he has on 19e
its about daddy keeping mummy happy with whatever shit she wants to watch, ;)
happy wife, happy life

Back