Greed

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
The greedy cats are out of the traps already, it should be illegal?

mjalbum.jpg

-

Not surprising at all.

I'm waiting for it to simmer down enough for a record company to release his "final album" for the low low price of $xx.xx$

All this stuff is seen by the record companies as free advertising.

Not surprising at all.

I'm waiting for it to simmer down enough for a record company to release his "final album" for the low low price of $xx.xx$

All this stuff is seen by the record companies as free advertising.

Indeed it's not surprising sir, but I would think it's nothing short of white collar crime (so to speak).

Ironically, he's death has created a massive payday for so many.

And they wonder why torrents are so popular? LOL!

-

It's funny you mention torrents sir. I got curious and had a peek at two major torrent trackers. One public, one private. The rate of downloads for his stuff is huge at the moment.

White-collar crime is a very good way to put it. How can someone can take a tragedy like this and turn it into a pay-day; and still manage to sleep at night is all but beyond what my mind can conceive.

The worst part is that this kind of behavior has become socially acceptable. Just look how far we have come - :(

That's the saddest part Ferg...people are running out to pick this stuff perpetuating the greed of the people behind it.

It's funny you mention torrents sir. I got curious and had a peek at two major torrent trackers. One public, one private. The rate of downloads for his stuff is huge at the moment.

White-collar crime is a very good way to put it. How can someone can take a tragedy like this and turn it into a pay-day; and still manage to sleep at night is all but beyond what my mind can conceive.

I haven't checked eBay but I can just imagine the antics that are going on there?

-

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

The worst part is that this kind of behavior has become socially acceptable. Just look how far we have come - :(

That fairly sums it up ferg, anything goes now doesn't it?

-

Just like Gman said, "And they wonder why torrents are so popular?"
Why would/should people feel guilty for downloading, when they can plainly see what lengths others go to to pad their own pockets.

everyone getting rich and not one of them thinking of his kids. not the fans or the record companys sometimes i wonder about this world

A few years back, there was a tejano singer named Selena killed by her fan club president. In the days after, albums of hers were selling at a mad pace. Her unfinished english language album was shoved out, with half english half spanish songs. Her tribute concert was moved from here in Corpus (her hometown) to Houston, to allow more people to attend. Visitors came by, wanting to see her boutique, where she lived, her gravesite......and where she was murdered. They wanted to go to the room where she was shot to take pics. The motel had renumbered all of its rooms to hide which one it really was, but there was always someone to direct them to the correct room.

It's been 14yrs since it happened, and they still hold a memorial service on the day she was murdered, and a celebration on her birthday. She has had 3 "tribute" albums come out since then, and controversy about her life hasn't stopped. Even her murderer has started rumors, that tv stations report on and investigate. So far, nothing has come true.....but that hasn't stopped the rumors.

Her murderer was sentenced to life in prison in 1995......and will be elligable for parole in 16yrs.

Back