GrogBuild Grogbuild Freerange error

Exactly the same error. Should I just use the manual commands that Abu has kindly listed for me after installing Openatv by usb stick?

MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > STORAGE DEVICES > MOUNT MANAGER

Make sure your storage is mounted as /media/hdd and formatted as ext4 R/W preferably.

1669979532066.png

You can also check teh mount points by following command:
df -Th

The way I understand the grog customisation process is as follows:
download latest openatv image
save unzipped image to storage device
create a settings restore ( incudes plugins/skins to be installed) with the customisations that will be applied after image is flashed
flash image
restore customisations and install listed plugins

I don't understand where the /lib/libcrypt line is coming from.
If the "flash online" function is failing in the plain image , you are going be stuck applying the grogbuild customisations.

Are you willing to try flashing the image by command line (not grogbuild process). You must use Putty not the webif terminal?

You can also check teh mount points by following command:
df -Th

The way I understand the grog customisation process is as follows:
download latest openatv image
save unzipped image to storage device
create a settings restore ( incudes plugins/skins to be installed) with the customisations that will be applied after image is flashed
flash image
restore customisations and install listed plugins

I don't understand where the /lib/libcrypt line is coming from.
If the "flash online" function is failing in the plain image , you are going be stuck applying the grogbuild customisations.

Are you willing to try flashing the image by command line (not grogbuild process). You must use Putty not the webif terminal?
Hiya
I just tried flashing with putty, but still getting the same error. The drive is showing as media/hdd and is formatted to ext4. I have used a different usb drive this time. I am willing to try flashing the image by command line if you think that will work, but would I not just be aswell doing a clean install from a usb stick? Then installing it all maually (If somebody tells me what to install)
1670246655386.png

Hiya
I don't have the mount manager on my menu. I have the screen below. I can see on my box info that it has
I showed you the path to Mount Manager but this is on ATV 7.2. Maybe it's different on 6.4?

MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > STORAGE DEVICES > MOUNT MANAGER

1670247817001.png

BLUE > MOUNTS is network mounts.
I'm sure it used to be in Infopanel > Plugins on old versions of ATV but not got it installed on my modern box.

Im not in front of mine but im sure it blue-mounts-device manger.

If you look at this pic its mounted correctly anyway

1670249166250.png

If you can flash
Hiya
I just tried flashing with putty, but still getting the same error. The drive is showing as media/hdd and is formatted to ext4. I have used a different usb drive this time. I am willing to try flashing the image by command line if you think that will work, but would I not just be aswell doing a clean install from a usb stick? Then installing it all maually (If somebody tells me what to install)
View attachment 85197

I am a bit curious as why it is failing. I would be grateful if you could try flashing by comamnd line. Please use Putty , not the terminal client in openwebif

init 4
(this will stop enigma2)

ofgwrite -r -k /folder_of_unzipped_image

e.g
ofgwrite -r -k /media/hdd/zgemma/h9s

Otherwise just flash by USB

Install the following plugins. You can either do it by remote or issue the following comamnds

wget -O - -q http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed | bash
opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q
opkg install enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-trunk
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-ntfs-3g
opkg install enigma2-plugin-drivers-exfat
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-xmlupdate
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-settings-defaultsat
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-xstreamity

1. Installs the additional plugin server for softcams
2. Fetches the packet files which list installable items
3. Installs Kiddac sky Q skin. There are more skins on the repository.
4. OScam for reading cards or connecting to a machine with a card
5. Installs Epg importer. For getting EPG (Synopsis) from the interweb
6. Drivers for reading ntfs devices
7. Drivers for reading ex-fat devices
8. Allows you to update the xml fiels used by Enigma2 to do scanning. Nothing to do with AutoBouquetsMaker
9. Just in case you installed the default bouquets at first install wisard , this will remove the package
10. Install xstreamity if you are going to use IPTV

Apart from item 1, you can install all of them using the remote. Just pick what you need.
Set your tuner/s.
Run AutoBouquetsMaker to create your bouquets
Set your EPG cache as /media/hdd
Restart

Decide how you are going to obain EPG (Synopsis. Nothing to do with bouquets/groups of channels) and we will advise how to set that up.

Are you sure you're flashing the right image? Your 'about' screenshot says H9S but you say it's a H9.2S.
I haven't got one so not sure which is the right image?

1670252346126.png 1670252399709.png

Last edited:
...... I've got a H9 Twin and that gives me the option to boot to the recovery menu in the standby/shutdown menu.
You could try flashing from there if Abu's method doesn't come off.

Are you sure you're flashing the right image? Your 'about' screenshot says H9S but you say it's a H9.2S.
I haven't got one so not sure which is the right image?

View attachment 85205 View attachment 85207
Thanks. I thought you had solved my problem when you spotted the different Model numbers. My box is the H9 2s. I must have flashed the wrong image from my USB drive first time round. I flashed it again with openatv-6.4-zgemmah92s-20221118_usb and I tried to install Grogbuild again. It still had the same error.

Thanks. I thought you had solved my problem when you spotted the different Model numbers. My box is the H9 2s. I must have flashed the wrong image from my USB drive first time round. I flashed it again with openatv-6.4-zgemmah92s-20221118_usb and I tried to install Grogbuild again. It still had the same error.

That's what I'm getting at. Does your box now 'think' it's a H9S because the wrong firmware has been flashed in the past?
I've no idea how cross-compatible the different H9 versions are.

I know that back in the day you could flash H2H firmware to the H2S and vice versa without any problem. The only difference was the box-branding.

Just flashed the old Grogbuild to see how the other half used to live back in the day :sneaky:

Mount Manager is definitely in MENU > INFOPANEL > PLUGINS > MOUNT MANAGER

1670270804362.png

@Ruth Anderson is the H9.2S a multiboot box and which partition are you on at the moment?

MENU > STANDBY/RESTART > MULTI-BOOT

1670275788662.png

Last edited:
If you initilise any device hdd or USB drive on Openatv it automounts it to media/hdd and it will be formatted to ext4.

His screen shot on this post shows this.

GrogBuild - Grogbuild Freerange error

I was just pointing out the location of Mount Manager in ATV 6.4.
Mountpoints Management is for network mounts. I'm quite happy that the OP's storage is set up correctly.

I think the OP has managed to flash the wrong image at some point.
Just trying to work out the best way of flashing the correct one and to which partition.

Back