GrogBuild Grogbuild Updates 17th July 2020

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
This morning I have made two changes to Grogbuild FreeRange:

1. You are no longer asked for your cable netid during setup for obvious reasons, instead you are asked to select your FreeView Transmitter from the list, entering 0 will mean freeview is not setup. Now if you're like me, you select the correct transmitter but you don't get your local channel then follow the instructions posted by @dsayers2014 at Freeview (DVB-T) no signal

2. If you record IPTV on your box you will notice that they are recorded as stream files and when you view your recording lists it shows the long file name and no program info so I have updated one for the enigma2 files so it now records IPTV as a ts file, thanks to @Willo3092 for pointing me in the right direction. This means your redording lists will display the same for IPTV recordings as it does on Sat or Freeview, ie just the program name and it gives you program info aswell. There is a slight bug in that one of the files that recordings create is named slightly incorrectlly so once you delete a recording it will leave a small file behind, you won't see this in the recordings list but if you browse to your /media/hdd/movies folder on the box you will see odd files.

Please let me know if you have any issues

I'm gonna flash my h7c later today.
It's crashed 10 times a day for past 4 weeks of openatv 6.4
Crash logs tell me nothing apart from 'eraser' is trying to delete files that don't exist.
I'll give feedback in a week cheers

Grog just a suggestion and be a big help to everyone and be good if willo could add the same on his.When pressing the egg button it only give the section your in. If your watching a program in sports and you select epg it will only give thr epg for sports. Can you set it up so you can choose the epg from any section so once you press the epg button you can scroll up or down and select the epg in what ever section someone would like see what programs are avaiable cheers moshi.

Grog just a suggestion and be a big help to everyone and be good if willo could add the same on his.When pressing the egg button it only give the section your in. If your watching a program in sports and you select epg it will only give thr epg for sports. Can you set it up so you can choose the epg from any section so once you press the epg button you can scroll up or down and select the epg in what ever section someone would like see what programs are avaiable cheers moshi.
This has been a part of Grogbuild from the start, but not sure if it works on VIX at the moment as they made changes recently and not sure what effect they had as don't use vix personally

Don't you just need to enable 'show bouquets on launch' in the epg configuration?
Yellow button on my build also shows the bouquet list.

You can also use 'Prev' and 'Next' to change bouquet.

Don't you just need to enable 'show bouquets on launch' in the epg configuration?
Yellow button on my build also shows the bouquet list.

You can also use 'Prev' and 'Next' to change bouquet.
May be a vix setting as grog mentioned but its a good feature so though i would just mention it.

May be a vix setting as grog mentioned but its a good feature so though i would just mention it.
you mean like

1594995633081.png

'Show bouquets on launch' just shows a list of bouquets when you press the epg button, similar to the TV button. Prev & Next buttons does skip accross each bouquet.

I use an old members skins which had a hack to allow it as shown

ViX doesn't have the EPG tabs hack anymore but I'm hoping they'll adopt it in the future when the new EPG stuff is sorted.

No not like that grog as that is only giving you the epg in the enertainment section because your watching a program on entertainment. On some builds you cam press epg and it will bring up the bouquets list (fav button),Willo is yellow button but the epg can be setup the same way i think.

No not like that grog as that is only giving you the epg in the enertainment section because your watching a program on entertainment. On some builds you cam press epg and it will bring up the bouquets list (fav button),Willo is yellow button but the epg can be setup the same way i think.
In @grog68 screenshot the bouquets are showing across the top
I can have BBC one HD in free view channel playing and scroll across all the iptv bouquets and channels to see what time something starts without moving off BBC one

Pretty sure if you hit the next or back button on your remote it allows you to change bouquets and check the epg of them

Anybody ever manage to get the tabs to appear on the EPG using oATV 6.4 ?
I have tried a load of skins but 'buggered' if I can get them back ?
Anybody any pointers, please?

TIA.

Anybody ever manage to get the tabs to appear on the EPG using oATV 6.4 ?
I have tried a load of skins but 'buggered' if I can get them back ?
Anybody any pointers, please?

TIA.

Do you mean like in post #9 above?

mine displays like that every time i flash it.
Flash grogbuild, choose one of the V-skins
don't change any other settings
tabs work

Do you mean like in post #9 above?

mine displays like that every time i flash it.
Flash grogbuild, choose one of the V-skins
don't change any other settings
tabs work

Not for me, they don't..............:confused:

Attachments

• 1_0_1_1968_7E6_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200904175546.jpg
    1_0_1_1968_7E6_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200904175546.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 16
I don't do any of that using grogbuild and using vskin, the tabs have always been there on H2h, H7c, Gigablue and Amiko boxes

I don't do any of that using grogbuild and using vskin, the tabs have always been there on H2h, H7c, Gigablue and Amiko boxes
Tabs are also available on sly blue 1080 and sly blue hd skin on grogbuild with openatv on zgemma its <prev and next> buttons

Back