Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

thinking of buying one - is it easy to setup and get all the channels?
there very easy to set up m8.theres an excellent guide on here, and if you've done stuff like this b4 then its a doddle.
you would have to find yourself a payserver from someplace else tho theres none on here.
do you also know that s#y have launched counter measures and were loosing all HD content but SD should be around for a while yet.but on the plus its a hell ov a lot cheaper than paying Murdoch or branson there rip off prices..!!

Thanks lofty
Yes i heard about the hd channels.
I have a f5 box which i cant flash - port not opening using recovery s/w everytime on 2 different pcs.
Seen the 5000 thought by it from *bay

Hi,

Im new to all this and just about to buy the 5000 box, but I'm not a clue how any of this works. i know theres a tutorial to follow and i will do, i was just wondering how to actually install the box, is there more channels than sky? 3pm football kickoffs? box office etc?

Sorry for the annoying question

Thanks Gav

---------- Post Merged at 11:41 PM ----------

Also which is the best server for the blade box? again apologise for all the questions I'm new to the box and not sure on the whole set up process

Thanks Gav

you'll need to find a good server plenty of sites on google by typing 'cardshare'

regarding 3pm kick offs on the Sky UK package you only get it on Setanta and only 1 game whichever they are showing that week on saturday, otherwise you'll need a bigger dish and motorised.

By the way hope you know a lot of the HD channels are no longer available

Thank you. This guide worked for me and I was able to set up the firmware on my Blade. The firmware states 2013 though. Is there a newer version now?
Thanks

Hi

I just followed this guide and done the EPG as well, However I was just wondering why I get STV as channel 1 when I live in the west midlands, also I assume I use the CEN.ssu

use whichever you like im in Yorkshire I use central, have used Granada in the past.

Regarding STV just find ITV in the list and add it to whichever faves category and move it to wherever you want it in the list using the remote

Hi guys,

I bought the Blade BM5000s and flashed with the firmware with 9991 option as suggested in this thread. I ended up causing the box to go into permanent loop. I got another box. The new box is up and running but I have scrambled channels as I haven't inserted cline yet; the official firmware still in place. I am frankly 'scared' of flashing just yet without knowing what went wrong in the first flash. These are what I noticed in the new box:
1. It came with 7 days EPG already installed and fully functional.
2. There's a LOCK beside the Strength signal in the 'Automatic SAT Scan' menu

I am thinking these two observations are responsible for the bricking that happened when I flashed the first box. Please any help in getting around my problem and hence be able to insert my cline is highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Back