Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

have you setup your cable tuners to scan your area,reread the tut from setting up cable tuner and click on those images to show what bees has set his box up for scanning on ,but use your netid and as far as i know it might be a dropdown list that moves to next id?

it is scanning now which it wasn't doing but at 11% with no channels yet i will wait until end of scan before i do anything else but its taking ages

i think my box is only single tuner

its at 20% should it of found channels yet or will it all of a sudden find them

Last edited by a moderator:
i would have thought it might have found some in first minute.
what scan are you doing a main scan as in autoscan? did you setup your cable tuners first like in the thread?

im not sure now should i stop scan

when you say set tuners up i think its only single tuner

I've stopped scan its says its scanning tuner a how do i switch or see if it has a b

should it be dvb-c or dvb-t2 i have it on 1st one

its now saying trying to find used transponders

dvb/c should work,your sure cable is entered into correct port?
quick one setup your tuner for manual scan 1 tp as your figure is very high up autoscan could take 20 or more minutes.
manual scan enter your setup as you had on kv and the important frequency of 666.750

boxes over here have a lower starting frequency so quicker to find but yours is at the far end and will take longer.

lets see what transponders it finds

thanks just changed frequency and a manual scan and its finding channels now for the line next that I'm bound to muck up next lol

have all channels downloaded but there not working
ok i have ftp my details over to box but not getting any channels when i done the line i removed the word
user- should that part stay or was i right to delete and just put my user name on its own

if i have unzipped my cfg correctly would it just be a load of writing on notepad only i have ftp onto box but its saying config file does not exist go to user keys to activate

please help was up until 1am now spent another 4 hours still can't get £ channels have ftp both files to usr keys mgcamd says active but if i press green button it will say no config files in mgcamd set up in usrkeys I've lost count how many times i have tried ftp files

how did you download your mgcamd 1.38?
when you ftp did you send 2 files to usr/keys called mg_cfg and newcamd.list?

when new its daunting but after a while it does get easier,one thing you forgot to go on lappy or pc have a folder on desktop think you said miraclebox? inside have a copy of your mg_cfg and newcamd.list.
when crap happens and you reflash box you have a stored copy to send back to box.

Hi,
How can i set up Program recording on H1 box.
is there a limit to the size of USB stick you can use?

Any help appreciated.

Ta

Hi Folks, My bouquets disappeared.

My channels disappeared I got a message " tuner failed fatal"

so I did a channel rescan
and in case
So I deleted my last bouquet and then done another bouquet and I get a message

"Tuner Failed fatal"

Ive never seen this and I'm not use to the mutant 1500 but this is def new to me.

any ideas.

Ive thought it might be the usb key so I put in another one and initialised it and the same problem

are you using autobouquets maker [ abm ] if so rerun the scan.presume you rechecked your feeds cable.
sat or cable tuners ?

Thanks for the guide. as far as i can tell it's mostly setup but some channels don't work. I have an Edision OS mini (cable only). when i do a scan am i meant to be using a provider or one of the frequency settings? I have the correct netid setup.

In tuner configuration type in your net id and symbol rate.

In providers, select your area, there will be a net id next to the area, both should match.

Then scan using ABM.

If you have missing channels you are probably using the wrong net id.

definitely using the right netid, I got it from one of the other v boxes we have in the house.

i will try that cheers and make sure thats correct.

Then make sure in providers the area net id matches the one from your virgin box.

my area is described as Manchester 3, i'm not in Manchester but that's what matches the correct number if you get me.

Yeah i have 1 and 2 of my area, my proper box says im in 1 so I've been using that. 95% of channels seem to be working now, just 1 in every say like 10 channels says tune failed. do u happen to know what this might be? I'm scared to mess too much now I've got this far, don't wanna break anything down which isn't faulty.

Sounds like you have the wrong net id.

Did you go into the engineers menu on your official box to get the net id ?

Just delete the scanned channels and put in another net id in both tuner configuration and providers
and re scan, it is the number on the net id that is important not the area description.

Back