Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

People using builds more and more these days so probably isn't needed that much :grin:

Maybe it's time to start looking at getting IPTV running properly on an E2 box running Vix.

I here there has been some big improvements with the plugins that are out there.

Along with EPG's.

Got a spare box at home so might start having a dabble. :)

what do you do if you dont get the mgcamd or ccam softcam option in the plugin downloads list? images attached for my only options.

Attachments

• 20170516_230617.jpg
    20170516_230617.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20170516_230605.jpg
    20170516_230605.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 79
People using builds more and more these days so probably isn't needed that much :grin:

Maybe it's time to start looking at getting IPTV running properly on an E2 box running Vix.

I here there has been some big improvements with the plugins that are out there.

Along with EPG's.

Got a spare box at home so might start having a dabble. :)

This is worth having a look at http://techkings.org/threads/sky-free-sat-iptv-working-in-harmony-with-epg.125256/page-3 but you can skip wooshbuild setup and fta only part. Also other methods like echannelizer for uk epg data

Awesome guide Bees. Really well explained and simple. Even for someone slow like me lol.

One question though does this guide apply to ALL E2 boxes or just the gigablue combo box?

This is one super post, breaking my head for 2 days, and sorted in 10 mins.

This is a bit of a lengthy process first time around so
take your time and make a cup of tea, you can grab a beer later lol

So I will try and make it easy to follow.

It's really not that complicated when you have the box in front of you.

Here is a quick summary of the steps

1. Configure your tuners, if it's a combo follow the guide.
If it's twin cable or twin sat just set both tuners the same way in the guide and miss out the cable or sat parts you don't need.

2. Set up the EPG to save to "daily" and make sure you are saving it to a storage device, not internal flash memory.

3. Set up Autobouquet maker (ABM) and scan for channels.

4. Add your softcams.

5. Add the Mg Cam files attached at the bottom of this guide then add your line (using Filezilla).

6. Switch on your Cam.

Enjoy !!!

If you want to add extras later like skins or pecons for the sky/cable look you can do this if you wish
but this should get you up and running (y)

Power up the box, it will put you in the start up wizard.

View attachment 12425

Select HDMI, 1080p, and 50Hz (use the settings suited to your TV)

Select the language as English

View attachment 12426

Set the visibility to about 200, then use the options to size the menu to the TV screen

Set the menu inside the four corner markings.

View attachment 12427

Using the wizard check the internet connection, it should say it's working and display
your IP address (make a note of your IP you will need it later)

Now configure the tuners, Tuner A on this box is sat.

Set the satellite to Astra 28.2

View attachment 12428

Tuner B is cable

Type in your net id, put yes against all the QAM settings, Scan additional SR, at the bottom of the list type in your symbol rate

View attachment 12429View attachment 12430

Choose to scan later

View attachment 12431

Keep clicking OK and let it set up your network interface.

You should insert a pen drive to store your EPG on, if the internal flash memory gets full
it can brick the box.

Menu - Setup - System - EPG - Settings

Change the EPG Location from internal flash to media/hdd

(If it won't switch to media/hdd straight away, put the pen in and reboot the box, some are picked up others need the reboot to be seen )

Set Enable VM EPG to yes

View attachment 12432

In the EPG menu

Go into Multi EPG settings and press OK

Go into Cross EPG - Configure and change the scheduled download to once a day

View attachment 12434

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Auto Bouquet Maker - Configure

Change Scheduled Scan to yes

View attachment 12436

In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers

Select Sky UK as yes then select your area, Select Virgin UK as yes and select your area (your net id's should match)

View attachment 12437

In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers Order

The one you set at the top will be the first set of groups when looking in FAVS, the second with be further down the list

View attachment 12438

Scan for channels,

View attachment 12439

You should now have a nice neat channel list for cable and sat channels

After you have scanned you will have lots of FTA channels on sat but only about 5 FTA channels on cable such as BBC 1, 2 and ITV, these will only be SD channels not HD.

The rest of the $ channels will show as a blank screen so don't panic.

Check you have the necessary FTA channels before continuing.

View attachment 12440View attachment 12441

Menu - Pugins - Download Pugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams

View attachment 12442

Download on to your box CCcam 2.3.0 and MG Cam 1.38 from the list of softcams, you can download some more versions if you wish.

On your computer, download the attached file at the bottom of this guide,

unzip, you should now have two files,

mg_cfg

and

newcamd.list

Put them somewhere easy to find like your desktop.

Double click on the newcamd.list file (open with notepad) if prompted.

Change the front of your N Line or lines so it reads CWS =

Paste your line over the example lines in the file so it looks similar. Save.

View attachment 12443

Download Filezilla Client from the internet, it's free.

Open Filezilla Client

Across the top, in Host type in your IP address, in username type in root, leave password blank and in port type in 21

Then press quick connect.

View attachment 12444

The left hand boxes are your computer, the right hand boxes are your box.

On the left browse to the two files you downloaded from this guide.

On your right browse to usr/keys

Click on one of the files on the left, right click your mouse and select upload.

Do the same with the other file, the two bottom windows should look the same.

So you should have the newcamd.list and mg_cfg file in the bottom right hand window

Menu - Setup - Softcam / CI - Softcam Manager

View attachment 12445

Green Button - Start

Blue Button - Enable Start Up

Most cable servers supply N lines so I haven't included using CCcam

You can request a cable line here

and a sat line here
Hi bees, hope ur good, anyways finally upgraded my kryptview box to an edison os mini plus, but havin probs with setting up, bare in mind everything works with th kryptview box, first of all every time i connect th cable feed, split from super hub onto th new box, it disconnects my internet, it stops everything from connecting, including box, wen i disconect th feed from box, th hub automatically refreshes, and reconects, which then th box shows network connected. Then next thing is the epg is not importing channels after scanning, my netid for medway in kent is 40976, but i suppose if thers some sort of problem with my feed, i wudnt pick up channels anyway, also wen i tryed conecting to box using fileziler (without th cable feed connected, just eithernet) it just keeps timing out, and says connection failed, i am using an old laptop with vista, not sure if vista is a too old os for it, mite av to try and use my daughters, shes got windows 7, not sure if thats th problem, but wen downloading fileziler on vista, it did say my os mite be too old for it to work properly, i do want to understand wer im goin wrong becoz i hav friends and family who i set up with openboxes, and wer sky looks like its endin, i wana get them to switch to cable nd i can set ther boxes up, but need to get familiar with mine first, sorry th post is a bit long lol, appreciate any advice wer u think im going wrong. Thanks in advance.
Mike [emoji106]

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Hey guys trying to update an Amiko Alien 2+ for a friend from sly to virmin and all I got the vix4 blue image on there but when I try to find a softcam in plugins none can be found can I download this from somewhere I have the line ready.

hey guys I have managed to get the EPG and my channels running but cannot clear the paid ones.

When I go into softcam manager I have MGcamd.1.35a and oscam. My line provider I can download the following files CCcam.cfg & newcamd.list. I have tried both softcams and both won't clear am I missing something?

Cheers for any answers this box Amiko Alien 2+ I have never worked on and have spent 2 weeks trying to find a working image for it and came across this tonight and it has been by far the best managed to get FTA working without an issue.

Hi bees, hope ur good, anyways finally upgraded my kryptview box to an edison os mini plus, but havin probs with setting up, bare in mind everything works with th kryptview box, first of all every time i connect th cable feed, split from super hub onto th new box, it disconnects my internet, it stops everything from connecting, including box, wen i disconect th feed from box, th hub automatically refreshes, and reconects, which then th box shows network connected. Then next thing is the epg is not importing channels after scanning, my netid for medway in kent is 40976, but i suppose if thers some sort of problem with my feed, i wudnt pick up channels anyway, also wen i tryed conecting to box using fileziler (without th cable feed connected, just eithernet) it just keeps timing out, and says connection failed, i am using an old laptop with vista, not sure if vista is a too old os for it, mite av to try and use my daughters, shes got windows 7, not sure if thats th problem, but wen downloading fileziler on vista, it did say my os mite be too old for it to work properly, i do want to understand wer im goin wrong becoz i hav friends and family who i set up with openboxes, and wer sky looks like its endin, i wana get them to switch to cable nd i can set ther boxes up, but need to get familiar with mine first, sorry th post is a bit long lol, appreciate any advice wer u think im going wrong. Thanks in advance.
Mike [emoji106]

recheck cable feed has not got a stray wire or your mg_cfg is faulty
reread the tut one step at a time so as not to miss anything.

Cheers cactikid for ur reply, it is lookin like bad cable or splitter, iv got the box up and running now with th help of bangord (propa legend), but picture has alot of interference, iv tryed different mg_cfg files, and couple of lines, still th same, so as said at start post, iv ordered new decent recommended cables with th connectors already on and a new splitter, hopefully sorts it out, also anyone who has trouble with fileziler, instal samba from network menu on box, after instal open network on pc or laptop and ur box should show up, and its just a matter of opening root then user then keys, then drag and drop th files into keys, i found it easier, thanks again cactikid for getting back to me and will keep updated with outcome of new cables and splitter [emoji106]

You may need to change the "logging enabled" value in your mg_cfg file

I haven't changed it in the guide downloads because it appears to be a problem that pops up rarely,
usually linked to some but not all Edisions funnily enough

I have seen the router, the image and applying skins being blamed for the same problem in different threads.

Read posts #642 : #695 : #886

Try changing the value in the file and see if it makes any difference.

Replace the following line

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
with:
L: { 00 }

Let us know if it works.

You may need to change the "logging enabled" value in your mg_cfg file

I haven't changed it in the guide downloads because it appears to be a problem that pops up rarely,
usually linked to some but not all Edisions funnily enough

I have seen the router, the image and applying skins being blamed for the same problem in different threads.

Read posts #642 : #695 : #886

Try changing the value in the file and see if it makes any difference.

Replace the following line

L: { 03 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
with:
L: { 00 }

Let us know if it works.
Hi bees, good info, might just do that to tick off all possible fixes to my box, aparantly thers a different fixed mg_cfg in downloads, probably just download that and replace, wat makes me think its a splitter issue is to stop th virgin feed keep locking my hub out, i had to switch feeds from my hub to box and th box feed to hub, and it then stopped and i was able to complete th rest of tut, but with signal issues, iv now reconected my kryptview with the feeds still switched, and i can see a signal drop and a drop in quality, also th premium channels say lost or bad signal, gona work thru the usual list of fixes and replace that file and hopfully gets sorted, but from th channels i did see, i defo wish i upgraded sooner, spot on pic quality! Looking forward to th issues being irond out, anyways cheers for advice, and will keep updated on this post just incase it helps others [emoji106]

samba is an old plugin newer one is nfs to discover boxes on your network.

old cables will let in interference.

samba is an old plugin newer one is nfs to discover boxes on your network.

old cables will let in interference.
I didnt notice that one in the network menu, will check it out next time, but the samba one worked fine for me, but cheers for the info[emoji106]

Things are on the move, I see a sat server giving the option to
convert remaining subs over to his new IPTV server !!

Good on yeh fella !!!

Things are on the move, I see a sat server giving the option to
convert remaining subs over to his new IPTV server !!

Good on yeh fella !!!

Hiya, just a update to anyone who had read my posts, i recieved the new splitter today, cable is comin tmoz, i decided to hook the splitter up to see if it improves the signal problem, and bobs ur uncle Sorted!, i checked by goin online with all my devices and channels still ran flawlessly, it goes to show wen we ar all told to start with th basics first wen we hav probs and to read and re-read tutorial , they knw wat ther talking about, big thanks to bees and cactikid for helping out [emoji106]

i remember one member who had issues with his kv piece of sh1te he said as always had issues and for 2 years he was told signal/cable issue and said no its not its a box issue,he updated to a better box and ohh still had issues.
eventually he said he would update his old cables and after a week of new cables he said i think i sorted the issue.
2 years of telling him old cables are not good enough with modern electronics and use a better type has/is now sinking in.:grin::(y):

Back