Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Flash drive should be formatted in fat32. When plugged in the box should recognize it, if it is not automatically mounted then go to menu-setup-vix- mount manager @dini2k

You can come back to it anytime you wish but you will need to configure it so that you may be able to view channels @channelking

I am really confused where do I find my net ID and symbol rate?

Its really confusing me.

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 PM ----------

On this link at post 67 http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/61348-amiko-mini-hd-combo-tutorial-4.html

Why has it got multiple net ids, freq and symbol rates for one city? Which is the best one?

I am on the steps on filezilla but I get the follow messages "Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity" and "Could not connect to server".

Why is this happening, I dont everything on bees guide?

Stuck at this part guys... Ive inserted a blank flash usb pen, but when i go to the menu to change epg location it stays on internal hdd it wont let me select the usb! ALways 1 thing eh?! Please help!

You may need to put the USB in then reboot the box if it doesn't see it straight away.

I cant seem to find my net id guys, its not on the list and i cannot find it on my virgin hd box ? maybe im looking in the wrong place but cannot find settings- maintenance ?? any help appreciated

Hi all,

Really informative guide thank you.

However, I'm having a couple of problems...

1 - Doing the scan via AutoBouquets brings up no channels in my guide.
2 - File Zilla won't allow me to add anything to var/keys and keeps defaulting to usr/keys no matter how hard I try and force it.

Regarding the channel scan... I took out the S*y scan as I don't have an aerial connected. Should I leave the S*y scanning option there still?

I live in Whitley Bay so have used the Net ID for Gateshead TW 40969 571.000 6.952

FYI I'm using a Gigablue 800 SE with the latest Vix/Hades image.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Sonna

Hi all. Good news - channel list is now OK. Phew.

However, I still can't copy the newcamd.list

Any ideas?

Cheers.

2 - No matter how hard I try, I can't copy the newcamd.list to var/keys as File Zilla keeps defaulting it to usr/keys

Thanks, I have updated the guide to usr/keys.

Not sure what you mean by "copy" the newcamd.list file ?

Just open it paste your line over the example lines in the file then ftp to usr/keys (y)

Last edited:
2 - No matter how hard I try, I can't copy the newcamd.list to var/keys as File Zilla keeps defaulting it to usr/keys

Thanks, I have updated the guide to usr/keys.

Not sure what you mean by "copy" the newcamd.list file ?

Just open it paste your line over the example lines in the file then ftp to usr/keys (y)

Thank you for getting back in touch. All is now sorted and working fine.

By copy I meant transfer via ftp. The var usr was doing me in!

Cheers.

I am new to enigma2 reciever and found VIX image is very good and the tutorial is very very useful however I got a problem thatthe front panel in my zgemma h1 is always 00 any idea how to fix. I have tried to reboot several time but no luck

Having major problems searching. I had my Gigablue Quad HD with 2 sat and 2 cable tuners all setup but over the months things started to go wrong, mainly problems with timeshift and recordings. So I decided to reflash with the latest image.

Now when I go to search it says "try to find used transponders in cable network.. please wait...", they all come up failed. I am sure I have followed all the info along with entering the 2 additional SR settings with 6887. Here is my net id detals "Southampton 2 EX C&W 41071 666.750 6.887".

So frustrating when all the channels were there before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

unsure if the quad can run abm in cable if not setup,choose location from dropdown list and abm scan it should work without a xml file to give you a channel list.

hi, thanks for the tut, my area is not listed 41047 in the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu provider list and if i choose any other
i get SID not found in PAT
please help
thanks
EDIT: it worked this way only; harrow 41047 is not listed so have to change to provider and autoscan.
setup / service / searching / tuner config /service scan type to Provider / provider to scan VirginMedia UK 6952
it took 15 minutes then found 400 channels, they are not in relevant order, so i just need to sort the channel list out. If any one can help on that.

Another thing; mgcamlst did not work had to paste nline in cccamcfg in etc folder

bees you are a legend.

Last edited:
Back