Satellite H8.2H no IPTV EPG for sky channels

Can I ask the preference to select Rytec souces in jedimaker I have always just selected use provider EPG and then as normal select Rytec Uk Sat/Virgin XMLTV sources in epgimporter.
The more sources the better, if jedi doesn't know to access Rytek's offerings it won't use them

The more sources the better, if jedi doesn't know to access Rytek's offerings it won't use them
just reading jedimaker pdf.
Use your provider EPG
If your provider has its own EPG listings for its streams this option will then be added to EPG Importer plugin
sources. (see "EPG Importer Instructions for Jedi Maker Xtream" section below)
Most IPTV providers only provide a very limited EPG for the main UK and USA channels, some sports and
some movie channels. It is very rare you will get a fully populated EPG from IPTV providers

Use Rytec UK EPG (Live categories selected)
A clever hack to try and match IPTV UK channels with the EPG data provided by Rytec UK sources. Therefore
giving you a more complete UK EPG.

So even though I have never selected Rytec in jedimaker and have no problems but I may give this a shot :smiley:

just reading jedimaker pdf.
Use your provider EPG
If your provider has its own EPG listings for its streams this option will then be added to EPG Importer plugin
sources. (see "EPG Importer Instructions for Jedi Maker Xtream" section below)
Most IPTV providers only provide a very limited EPG for the main UK and USA channels, some sports and
some movie channels. It is very rare you will get a fully populated EPG from IPTV providers

Use Rytec UK EPG (Live categories selected)
A clever hack to try and match IPTV UK channels with the EPG data provided by Rytec UK sources. Therefore
giving you a more complete UK EPG.

So even though I have never selected Rytec in jedimaker and have no problems but I may give this a shot :smiley:
I always do it, it either works or it doesn't, if it doesn't there's nothing lost.
At least you're giving yourself a chance of getting EPG data, a lot depends on how IPTV providers name their channels

Can I ask the preference to select Rytec souces in jedimaker I have always just selected use provider EPG and then as normal select Rytec Uk Sat/Virgin XMLTV sources in epgimporter.
as do I I don't normally select anything extra, but I will try a few things later based on the advise given so far, I will report back when completed

No
@John155
How are you getting on? All sorted with EPG issue?
, doesn't matter how I set anything I just never get any program info for stations other than non sky ones which was the whole point in going to the zgemma so everything was in the one box like I had before but its not to be

Please post pictures of your EPG menu options as well as the sources you have selected in EPG Importer.

Please do not confuse things by mentioning your bouquets.

Please post pictures of your EPG menu options as well as the sources you have selected in EPG Importer.

Please do not confuse things by mentioning your bouquets.
to be honest Its not practical for me, I'm disabled so doing that sort of thing is not straight forward I can assure you I have tried all and every different setting to no avail I'm clearly not going to get what I had before so I'll just cut my losses and stick to using 3 boxes I can get all I need on these for all I was just trying to get all into one place and try to have all my recordings set and watched from one central location but its not going to happe. But thanks for the help you have given

as do I I don't normally select anything extra, but I will try a few things later based on the advise given so far, I will report back when completed
You also need to select your jedimaker iptv provider as well as Rytec in epgimporter and save settings.

to be honest Its not practical for me, I'm disabled so doing that sort of thing is not straight forward I can assure you I have tried all and every different setting to no avail I'm clearly not going to get what I had before so I'll just cut my losses and stick to using 3 boxes I can get all I need on these for all I was just trying to get all into one place and try to have all my recordings set and watched from one central location but its not going to happe. But thanks for the help you have given
one very interesting thing, I have a second Zgemma box and just connected it and against all the Sky movies I have full EPG so it just doesn't make sense

one very interesting thing, I have a second Zgemma box and just connected it and against all the Sky movies I have full EPG so it just doesn't make sense
Does that box have a usb in the back and does the H8 have a usb in the back?
This is where EPG data is stored

yes both have a socket and I have them saving the epg to that not internally
In that case it's only one of two scenarios.

1. The usb on the H8 isn't working, maybe not initialised or mounted.
OR:
2. The jedimaker and EPG settings aren't identical on the H8 as they are on the other box

In that case it's only one of two scenarios.

1. The usb on the H8 isn't working, maybe not initialised or mounted.
OR:
2. The jedimaker and EPG settings aren't identical on the H8 as they are on the other box
Both are working fine and the setting are identical, but I've given up now so will just leave things as they are as I won't achieve what I want

just bought zgemma H8.2H and it has come with openpi on it .trying to flash to open atv but it wont recognise usb tried 4 different types is there a putty code to flash from openpi to openatv any help would be appreciated

just bought zgemma H8.2H and it has come with openpi on it .trying to flash to open atv but it wont recognise usb tried 4 different types is there a putty code to flash from openpi to openatv any help would be appreciated
Menu-Setup- Flash Image

Press blue button to choose other images

Second option down is OpenATV

Select Beta then hightlight the latest and press ok

Back