Satellite H8.2H no IPTV EPG for sky channels

Your being disabled is irrelevant here. We are trying to help you . I find the biggest obstacle for people using Enigma2 receivers, is the fascination of the EPG button and mis-use of "EPG" term. This is not people's fault, Sky keep calling it EPG and that is what people start using.

Please treat groups of channels ( bouquets) as one thing and EPG (Synoposis) as another. They are two different items and how you create/obtain them is different. If you do not separate those you will not progress. As far as I can gather, you have created your Bouquets. It seems that you have not set up the EPG, because you think they are the same thing.

1. Do you have a storage device connected to the box? USB stick, HDD, micro SD card.

2. Post a picture of
Menu > Setup > EPG > EPG settings
This is my picture
View attachment 87322

3. Some people use EPG Importer to obtain EPG. I presume that you are doing the same.
Menu > Setup > EPG > EPG EPG-Importer

Press blue button to open sources.
What have you enabled?
You should enable your IPTV provider

Expand Rytec General. Enable News and Miscellaneous
Expand Rytec UK/Sat Virgin. Enable all of those options

Save. Then import.

View attachment 87323View attachment 87324View attachment 87325
OK I will see how I get on might take me a day or so

Also, "Freeview" is another term that is misused and causes confusion.

1.Freeview is not available on satellite.
2. The only way you will get EPG for Freeview is by selecting/activating the Aerial/Terrestrial channels and viewing a channel for about a minute..

Last edited:
Also, "Freeview" is another term that is misused and causes confusion.

1.Freeview is not available on satellite.
2. The only way you will get EPG for Freeview is by selecting/activating the Terrestrial channels and viewing a channel for about a minute..
I am very aware of this but this receiver does in fact get both sat and terrestrial signals infact it has 2 tv tuners built in

I believe I have the Importer but it doesn't seem to do anything
You have to set it up, otherwise it wont do anything. I have posted some screenshots to illustrate examples.

I am very aware of this but this receiver does in fact get both sat and terrestrial signals infact it has 2 tv tuners built in
Good. After you have resolved your EPG issues, we can discuss how you have made the bouquets for these. And how you are selecting them. Lets wait until your EPG acquisition is resolved.

If you need to take screenshots, see here:
Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum

You have to set it up, otherwise it wont do anything. I have posted some screenshots to illustrate examples.

Good. After you have resolved your EPG issues, we can discuss how you have made the bouquets for these. And how you are selecting them. Lets wait until your EPG acquisition is resolved.

If you need to take screenshots, see here:
Taking screen shots and uploading attachments to the forum
ok thanks I'm unfortunately loosing the will to live although now retired due to health I was for over 50 years a rf design engineer and not stupid by any means, I know I've had my old box set up to do all this before but I went back to sky for a while so didn't need now I have to watch costs I've given that up but just wanted to get it all into the one box to make things easier for me (silly thought)

ok thanks I'm unfortunately loosing the will to live although now retired due to health I was for over 50 years a rf design engineer and not stupid by any means, I know I've had my old box set up to do all this before but I went back to sky for a while so didn't need now I have to watch costs I've given that up but just wanted to get it all into the one box to make things easier for me (silly thought)
It's all possible but you need to do what's asked of you.
You have terrestrial and satellite channels scanned and working yes?
Forget about sky, they haven't worked on satellite for seven years.
Do the Freeview and Freesat channels work?

I'm not suggesting you are stupid.

Don't give up, you can achieve what you want (Freeview, Freesat and IPTV on one box). One thing at a time, just don't mix up/mis-use terms.

Are you comfortable with the channel selection process or do you just press EPG?

It's all possible but you need to do what's asked of you.
You have terrestrial and satellite channels scanned and working yes?
Forget about sky, they haven't worked on satellite for seven years.
Do the Freeview and Freesat channels work?
Yes and I get all the program info

I'm not suggesting you are stupid.

Don't give up, you can achieve what you want (Freeview, Freesat and IPTV on one box). One thing at a time, just don't mix up/mis-use terms.

Are you comfortable with the channel selection process or do you just press EPG?
yes I'm happy with all the freeview/sat side of things its the iptv only displays the equiv freesat info in the EPG and what I want is to get all channels displaying whats on otherwise I csant set recordings or reminders

Yes and I get all the program info
Right so you have created bouquets and enabled EPG for these.

When you open jedimaker plugin, click on your provider, create bouquets, this takes you to a configuration settings screen.
In those settings, where it says 'use provider EPG' change that to YES.
'Use Rytek EPG' change this to YES.
Save settings and create bouquets.

Once it's finished, close jedi.

Open epgimporter, click blue, enable all Rytek UK sources, click your IPTV provider, tick the box.
SAVE.

Then click yellow and wait for it to import

Set up EPG Importer correctly and it should resolve your issue.
I thought I had, i.e. I just deleted all EPG via the menu/setup/epg but they are still there it appears there is some glitch in the software somewhere maybe I'm better to just reload all from scratch and see how it goes

When you open jedimaker plugin, click on your provider, create bouquets, this takes you to a configuration settings screen.

Open epgimporter, click blue, enable all Rytek UK sources, click your IPTV provider, tick the box.
SAVE.

OK I'll do that tomorrow now ( my wife might complain if I do it whist shes trying to watch tv :)

OK I'll do that tomorrow now ( my wife might complain if I do it whist shes trying to watch tv :)
If you've already created IPTV bouquets, but with no EPG, creating them again will give you two sets of IPTV bouquets so if that's the case, you'll have to delete all bouquets before you follow the above instructions

If you've already created IPTV bouquets, but with no EPG, creating them again will give you two sets of IPTV bouquets so if that's the case, you'll have to delete all bouquets before you follow the above instructions
thats what I'm saying even when I delete all they are still there it does appear there is some glitch

SAVE.

Can I ask the preference to select Rytec souces in jedimaker I have always just selected use provider EPG and then as normal select Rytec Uk Sat/Virgin XMLTV sources in epgimporter.

Back