HELP - No Signal What So Ever!!!

Are you sure you are doing a full satellite scan and not just one transponder?

Here are my settings:

Manual Scan

Tuner: Tuner A: BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Type of Scan: Single Satellite
Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Network Scan: yes
Clear before scan: yes
Only free scan: yes

Does this answer your question, I am a little unsure?

If you are using the old type lnb They will work with skybox and frees at boxes but for some reason don't work well with the Zgemma if it's not old type try a different port on lnb

My box only has 1 lnb port?

Thanks.

Here are my settings:

Manual Scan

Tuner: Tuner A: BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Type of Scan: Single Satellite
Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Network Scan: yes
Clear before scan: yes
Only free scan: yes

Does this answer your question, I am a little unsure?

If you are using the old type lnb They will work with skybox and frees at boxes but for some reason don't work well with the Zgemma if it's not old type try a different port on lnb

My box only has 1 lnb port?

Thanks.

Try a scan with autobouquet maker or just reflash with a backup image from techkings as this will have all channels preloaded.

tich is on about your LNB
imagesBW7F60H7.jpg

sorry I am busy skinning at the moment. I will let the other guys try and help you.

---------- Post Merged at 08:02 PM ----------

and your only scanning for free channels...

If you lnb is like this 1 you will encounter problem with the zgemma
channelmaster_dish2.jpg

Apologies.

I tried it on one of the other lnb ports yesterday! I was up and down those ladders like I don't know what!

I have just done a search with the "Only free scan" set to No. Found 26 Channels, starting with:

horro ch+1
Jewelry Maker
CBS Action
Heat
Magic
Extreme Sports
Showbiz TV
BTSpt/ESPNHD
BTSpt/ESPNHD
FreesatHome
FreesatCommonC
FreesatSSU
FreesatOAD
10522 (Freesat 2)
10523 (Freesat 3)
10525 (ITV)
10527 (Freesat 1)

That's all I can see!!

Don't know if that helps?

Also we have a "Zone 1 Sky Dish" ... I never had any problems with it until I unplugged it to move my setup about?

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

When I am one of those channels and if I go on to the signal finder setting it shows the following:

3.5 - 4.2 db (constantly changing)
SNR: 20-26% (again constantly changing)
AGC: 99% (Solid)
BER: 0
Lock: Tick

Thanks.

Last edited:
by the looks of that you have knocked your dish and moved its alignment. Your SNR should be 85 - 100%. I'd get up the ladder again tomorrow. You need an app that picks up your enigma2 boxes signal. So you can have it in your hand while you are up the ladder. I will post a screen shot of what mine app looks like in a minute to show you what I am talking about.

unnamed1.jpg unnamedM40E36W5.png

Last edited:
Im having the same problem!

I had a new SKY installation today (New dish, New cables, New box). Plugged in my zGemma 2S and when I checked sat finder and the readings are the same as the third post above:

0.0db
SNR: 0%
AGC: 0%
BER: 0
Lock: Blank

Ive tried scanning with AutoBouquestsMaker and it just fails and displays a message "Tuner Lock".

Autobouquets will fail if the signal is average or zero. Probably needs to be over at least 70% for autobouquets to lock on. That is why I have suggested the instructions above.

I have tried what you said but cannot get any channels as I don't have any signal?

So I got back up the ladder tonight because it is doing my nut in and still no joy. Tried aligning it with every app going and doesn't do anything!

All still works fine on the Freesat downstairs, is there not some settings that I must have wrong on my Zgemma?

ARGH!!!!

Thanks.

Did you not see what tich wrote, he said if you have an old style sky lnb it might not work on your zgemma. The new mk4 quad ones are only a few quid on ebay. It might be an option

---------- Post Merged at 11:16 PM ----------

And if it makes you feel any better. I had the exact same problem when I set up my new dish. For the life of me I couldn't get a signal. Up and down the ladder, compasses, dish aligners, dish apps. Mine was the fconnector after all that, but you said you have tried that. But for the week I had no signal, I spent every night on here reading all the other threads and I now know more about my zgemma that I need to know ;). If it would have just worked from the off, I wouldn't be on this forum and everyone wouldn't have got the new slyk sky skin ;)

I have had a new installation from sky today but I'm having the same issue with signal? Cant get any channels, the cable ends are find as the actual sky+HD box works but when I connect my zGemma I can't get anything?

Although related, its probably better to start a new thread mate. It's gonna get confusing otherwise.

The easiest way to find out if its the box is to test it at a friends 9 times out of 10 its the F connectors

I have had a new installation from sky today but I'm having the same issue with signal? Cant get any channels, the cable ends are find as the actual sky+HD box works but when I connect my zGemma I can't get anything?

But I'm having the same problem as the the guy in the original post, why would I need to create a new post?

---------- Post Merged at 11:45 PM ----------

The easiest way to find out if its the box is to test it at a friends 9 times out of 10 its the F connectors

Ive tried my box at a mates house and it works fine, but Ive redone the ends on the cable I had before and still no luck, I then realigned the dish and still nothing and then I had sky out to do a new installation and still having the same problem?

I don't get how the lnb port can be all of a sudden out of date when it worked fine before I started to move my bedroom around!!!

I don't know anything else to try other than to change it, but like I said had zero problems before I unplugged for 24 hours!

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged on 14-10-2015 at 12:14 AM ----------

So what lnb port do you recommend? They all look the same to me!

Just try a different 1 ,Ports have been known to go I myself have done it for other people I've even got 1 knackered on my lnb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I will try one of the working lnb ports that are plugged into the freesat downstairs if this solves it then a new one will be bought!! Will come back with updates tomorrow night when I have tried!

Thanks.

So, I have tried all the ports on my LNB now and still nothing. Yet all the ports work with the freesat box, So I guess that rules the LNB out.

Is it possible that I may have a setting that is wrong?
Should I try re-flashing?

I copied my lines in to the correct folder I believe? usr/keys?

This is the format.... CWS = **********.*****.*** ***** ********* ******** 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

This correct?

Thanks.

I presume you have your cable going directly from your dish to your zgemma box and not via your freesat box.

Your gift line is irrelevant at the moment. If your box is set up correctly you should be getting all the channels. Free to air will be visible, scrambled channels will just be black.

---------- Post Merged at 07:59 PM ----------

Personally I would download Mtpockets openatv image, flash that to your box. This is pre set up correctly. So if your dish is aligned and your cables are good, this should just work. If this is still not working, as mentioned several times before, it is going to be more than likely your fconnectors at the end of your cable, your dish is wrongly aligned, or you LNB is not compatible.

There is not a lot anyone else can do to help you. All the suggestions have been outlined in this post, including correct setup and correct fault finding.

Last edited:
I understand that I have exhausted all the fault testing methods! I will give the Mtpckets opentv image a go and let you know, if this doesn't work I will look at getting a new box. Only 2 months old this one though!

Thanks.

Load mtpockets image up and if its still not working, try your box at a friends house first before buying a new box. I had the same problem. for the life of me couldn't getting working so tried it at my brothers house on his properly installed sky. It work perfectly. Back to my cables and as I said mine was the fconnectors in the end. They worked on the 3rd attempt of re-ending them. It probably isn't a dodgy zgemma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2v7fLHZzzM

Back