Help setting up virgin have. 2h

Marti4578

Hello people. I'm setting up a new box, installed wooshbuild I've installed a subscription. I've scanned for the channels but I just have the wooshbuild logo. Not even ITV comes on. Help

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hello people. I'm setting up a new box, installed wooshbuild I've installed a subscription. I've scanned for the channels but I just have the wooshbuild logo. Not even ITV comes on. Help

Never used woosh myself (thought it was for sly only) I
Use ipab on H2H with vm only. What I do know is that you won't even get fta if there's no active line in the box. So
Potentially an issue with line?

Have you used correct net ID?

How are the cables configured in the back? If trying vm set up fed should be in the RF in with a male to female adaptor

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're wanting VM then make sure you've downloaded AutoBouquetsMaker too and input the correct net ID. Then try a scan.

Yeah I've put in the net Id. When I scan auto bouquets I get tuning failed fatal error message.

Yeah I've put in the net Id. When I scan auto bouquets I get tuning failed fatal error message.

Sounds like the wrong net Id, do you have or have access to a TiVo?
Plug it back in
Home button
Help&Settings
Diagnostics
Top line is correct net id for your area

Yeah I entered the VM ID although I didn't get it off the Tivo box I used the list provided in one of the build threads. When I did the scan on the Auto Bouquets maker I was getting the channels appear at the bottom and then I'd get a red cross and the message tuning failed fatal error message. I put in code 00010 for Tees as we are based in Hartlepool. Don't know if that is the incorrect code for Hartlepool? Spent 3 hours trying to get this to work. Maybe longer.

Never used woosh myself (thought it was for sly only) I
Use ipab on H2H with vm only. What I do know is that you won't even get fta if there's no active line in the box. So
Potentially an issue with line?

Have you used correct net ID?

How are the cables configured in the back? If trying vm set up fed should be in the RF in with a male to female adaptor

Hope that helps

I had the blue line going into the top connector and then when I checked the back of the Tivo that had a red ringed cable and thought I'd put that in the bottom connector on the box sinIe i had no luck with just the one cable in.

Yeah I entered the VM ID although I didn't get it off the Tivo box I used the list provided in one of the build threads. When I did the scan on the Auto Bouquets maker I was getting the channels appear at the bottom and then I'd get a red cross and the message tuning failed fatal error message. I put in code 00010 for Tees as we are based in Hartlepool. Don't know if that is the incorrect code for Hartlepool? Spent 3 hours trying to get this to work. Maybe longer.

Tune failed, to me suggests it's one of two things that's wrong
1. Is the net ID is wrong
2. Is the networking is poor, so cables, splitter etc

I had the blue line going into the top connector and then when I checked the back of the Tivo that had a red ringed cable and thought I'd put that in the bottom connector on the box sinIe i had no luck with just the one cable in.

That's how back of the box should
Look pal

a51629599403cc58d9ddfbb03041aa09.jpg

I have the box to have another go at putting the build back on and a sub. I suppose my thinking is start from Scratch and try again. It's for a friend. Just to complicate things more is when i'm setting up the box i don't have VM to try it before going back to his house. I'll just put the one cable in on my next attempt and get the net ID off the Tivo box.

Found it strange that i didn't get anything coming on, not even BBC or ITV.

I have the box to have another go at putting the build back on and a sub. I suppose my thinking is start from Scratch and try again. It's for a friend. Just to complicate things more is when i'm setting up the box i don't have VM to try it before going back to his house.

Try ipab as the build there guides really simple for vm only, so it's a breeze to flash and set up. Once that's done as long as net ID and networking correct you'll be sorted.

Try find somebody local with an actual VM box as you can then be sure if net ID 100%

Don't suppose you have the link to the build do you bud? My mate has a Tivo box so i'll hook that up first to make sure we have the correct net id.

Don't suppose you have the link to the build do you bud? My mate has a Tivo box so i'll hook that up first to make sure we have the correct net id.

Don't think your allowed links on here buddy. But search ipab tv and you'll find it. If your on fb? There's a ipab support group there to, with great admin and loads of users to help

Defo sounds like net id or networking though [emoji1303]

Ahh right i thought it was a thread on here. No probs i'll have a look and Thanks for your help matie. Much appreciated :-)

There is an ipab thread in here but it's not massively active tbh. Google will find you the image and supporting docs etc

I know how frustrating it can be. My H2H was stuck in boot for 3 days there, was driving me nuts trying to fix it lol

Would it be better flashing the box while i'm connected to the VM line? Or would that not affect the flash? I'm guessing it wouldn't. Cheers

Would it be better flashing the box while i'm connected to the VM line? Or would that not affect the flash? I'm guessing it wouldn't. Cheers

Honesty? Never flashed a box I haven't then set up & installed so I can't be sure. But flashings just installing firmware so it shouldn't require a feed to be successful, the feed should only be required for adding the line (I think) lol

Step 1 – please make sure the tuner configuration is correct. Menu -> setup -> service searching -> tuner configuration -> highlight tuner B (should say dvb-c for virgin) and click ok Go to network ID and type in your 5 digit network ID -> press green to save

Step 2 - Menu -> setup -> service searching -> AutoBouquetMaker -> Provider (Here you can chose to configure for only virgin or virgin and satellite together) Set sky UK to SD and select your own region using right and left cursor Go down to virgin section -> Select the 5 digit network id (where it says area – use left and right button on remote to change it) Press the green colour button to save

Step - Menu -> setup -> service searching -> AutoBouquetMaker -> Start scan !!!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE APPROPREATE FEEDS ARE CONNECTED ie if you have configured it for virgin only make sure your virgin cable is connected and iv you have it for virgin and sky make SURE HAVE BOTH VIRGIN AND SKY FEED IN !!! At this stage the scan will now start and will start generating the Bouquets for the service selected.

Step 1 – please make sure the tuner configuration is correct. Menu -> setup -> service searching -> tuner configuration -> highlight tuner B (should say dvb-c for virgin) and click ok Go to network ID and type in your 5 digit network ID -> press green to save

Step 2 - Menu -> setup -> service searching -> AutoBouquetMaker -> Provider (Here you can chose to configure for only virgin or virgin and satellite together) Set sky UK to SD and select your own region using right and left cursor Go down to virgin section -> Select the 5 digit network id (where it says area – use left and right button on remote to change it) Press the green colour button to save

Step - Menu -> setup -> service searching -> AutoBouquetMaker -> Start scan !!!!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THE APPROPREATE FEEDS ARE CONNECTED ie if you have configured it for virgin only make sure your virgin cable is connected and iv you have it for virgin and sky make SURE HAVE BOTH VIRGIN AND SKY FEED IN !!! At this stage the scan will now start and will start generating the Bouquets for the service selected.
Thanks for the guide matie [emoji106] [emoji6]

Back