Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck restaurant only £1,209.37 per person - sorry no reduction for children.

basejumper

TK Veteran
Maybe this should belong in the rant section but here goes.

I thought I'd check out Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck restaurant as a surprise present, but it was me that got the surprise. So let the nonsense begin.

You get seven courses for the bargain price of £325 per person. Wine pairing wonderment seems reasonable at an additional £750 per person and there is a 12.5% surcharge on top. Total £1,209.37 per person.

I get it that ingredients like Kobe beef cost a lot of money so the cost of meals using it will be high. But Heston's dodged that one bless him with the following 'typical' Itinerary foods.

Cauliflower Risotto, Rhubarb Galette, Triple cooked Chips, Snail Porridge on a bed of peas.

First off you don't get a menu but an Itinerary as the menu changes every day. The itinerary is Heston's 'own story to act as a catalyst to help bring your childhood holiday memories to life'.

Could someone enlighten me why there is a four month waiting list to eat at the second best restaurant in the world. I'm just not getting it? :unsure:

itinerary.JPG

Someone from the 'Story teller team' will help guide you through 'the wine pairing wonderment.'

wine menu.JPG

cauliflower.JPG
Cauliflower He hasn't even spelt it right.

rhubarb.JPG

Rhubarb

sounds.JPG

How much does a Sound cost FFS

chips.JPG

Triple cooked Chips Couldn't eat all them could you?

lime grove.JPG
A Lime grove.

fat duck.JPG

Snail Porridge on a bed of peas.

Attachments

• price.JPG
    price.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 3
  • fat duck.JPG
    fat duck.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 2
Piper champagne is rough.
I would expect @ very least a bottle of crystal.

Attachments

• louis-roederer-cristal-2009.png
    louis-roederer-cristal-2009.png
    833.8 KB · Views: 3
Nostalgia?
I don't remember my mum back in the seventies serving up snail porridge or cauliflower risotto
And the 'sound of the sea' looks like something a tramp's coughed up

QUOTE="stuss, post: 1015821, member: 137977"]
Piper champagne is rough.
I would expect @ very least a bottle of crystal.
[/QUOTE]
Which dish would it pair up with though Stuss :unsure:
here's more

lollies.JPG

egg and bacon ice cream.JPG

gateux.JPG

mock.JPG

There is not one dish in the whole restaurant costing more than a fiver for the ingredients. If you complained about any of the food it's because you don't understand because your palette is uneducated. The educated have to wait four months to have their palette satisfied.

My uneducated palette would prefer cod & chips with mushy peas and keep the remaining £1,200 in my pocket, but what do I know :whistle:

Caron does a wicked Beef Wellington.

Attachments

• 20200101_154956.jpg
    20200101_154956.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
Back