High Court ordered BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin to block Premier League stream servers

Today the High Court apparently ordered Britain’s top four broadband providers BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Virgin Media to block connections to the servers that host pirated streams of Premier League matches.

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...oves-premier-league-crackdown-kodi-streaming/

I presume the order is in relation to IPTV rather than sat.

Given the crackdown on the retail of fully loaded Kodi boxes is of questionable consequence to anybody who wants one, as long as they have some technical ability or mail order from abroad, regarding today's ruling, I wonder:

1) whether other broadband providers (e.g. Origin) will carry on as usual?
2) whether servers that stream other contents (movies, shows, live or recorded) also always streamed Premier League matches, resulting in those media also becoming seriously restricted by these 4 broadband providers?
3) if vpn is used how can a broadband provider detect the use of and therefore block a server?

Cheers!

Live stuff maybe, on demand stuff no. They will have their bots ready at 3pm Saturday, but they don't know when you will watch movies/TV shows. As for vpn, at the moment they will hit the non vpn users first. But think about it if the premier league are forcing Providers to do this, maybe their not that bothered what you do as long as you pay your bills, after all skly/bt don't have 3pm kick offs. And I if the provider gets too heavy handed end users will go to smaller providers who are not forced to do stuff, counter productive for the big boys

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

it was only a matter of time before xbmc/kodi got out of hand as other comments said it was just a good thing then people started to be stupid by saying stuff like fully loaded boxes free s/y sports movies instead of learning yourself about installing repo,s its been installed for you and now its nearly killed off kodi

one word guys after this ______greed

we all no what goes on but some can not help them self
adverts will be the downfall

Exactly, it makes me angry when you see people selling builds or mods that are free on the net!

Exactly, it makes me angry when you see people selling builds or mods that are free on the net!

If they get money for something you can get for free, nothing will stop them from selling it as long as they get buyers. People will still continue on buying it.

I don't post much but my 2 pence worth is if you advertise free tv then you spoil it for everyone also on facebook people as stupid question like what the best movies were can i find this football match instead of looking

Its all out there you just have to look for it, not rocket science.
This just smacks of "big brother is watching you", but not difficult to work around.

Hi new to the site, but not the problem, ever since file sharing began the industry has done everything it can to close the avenue off, and every time they close the door.................. another one opens, simple fact is if media industry was not so greedy and priced everything within reach of everyone then more people would be happy to pay, it drives me crazy every time "THEY" upgrade their hardware they hike up the cost, happened with HD, 3D and now 4K, fact is these formats are part of the norm and as such should be out there at no extra cost as "THEY SHOULD" be provided as standard as it helps them sell their product, i wish there was more than one satellite provider and more cable suppliers as this would force Sky and Virgin into bringing their product into a more realistic price range and not over £100 a month to cover all formats to the viewer.

Will a VPN be needed to continue with IPTV then? Or will it be a case of changing to a small ISP?

A moving dish will still work, but you won't get British Sky I presume.

Last edited:
From my point of view its exactly the same as what happened with pirate bay, they will restrict access to the main site so using proxies and vpns it should still be accessible. This would have to be a worldwide block from every country to stop a vpn/proxy. And then again its just a case of backing up the site and remaking it with a different webpage. Problem could be Solved if you could subscribe to your own teams 3 o clock kick offs for a resonable price, but thats not enough for the big boys but i would take it with a pinch of salt, It's all bark, wouldnt worry too much

Hi guys, i like to have a good read but dont normally post... with all thats going on lately with the iptv blocking during 3pm kickoffs, is this being done at source rather than the point of incoming to yourselves? I mean like if the main source is being killed rather than the multiple pings of people viewing? And if so wouldnt this render vpn etc useless at the end users level

What I'd like to know is, if the isp knew what you were downloading (this is what streaming is - data download, nothing more or less) and they could put a stop on it, how does anyone anywhere in the world ever manage to download illegal stuff? - I think we all know this is a crock of shite.
Also, if you have amazon prime or any one of dozens of other streaming services legitimately purchased in the UK, dothey can't-es it suddenly become unusable every Saturday and Sunday when football's on? - does it bollocks - you can stream Shawshank Redemption on Sunday as soon as Man Utd kick off and watch it uninterrrupted for 3 hours because you are watching it via your isp and they aren't blocking downloads at peak times, if they were, you wouldn't see 75% of it.
Looking at data only, how can any isp know whether you are watching Shawshank Redemption or MUFC V AVFC? - they can't, so don't waste money on VPN's and such likes

I think it's the well known servers distributing the streams that are being ddos by the football boys which is why the footy is only supposed to be affected.

I think it's the well known servers distributing the streams that are being ddos by the football boys which is why the footy is only supposed to be affected.

maybe. but wasting money on a VPN isn't gonna do jackshit in this case like I said earlier

Back