How to flash Arnet Kryptview - Firmware Loading Guide / Tutorial .

it might as some do/dont or have issues.

Problems with your PC/Laptop not recognising your box.

To see which port your USB adapter is connected to, connect your USB adapter and follow the following instructions:

1. Go to the Start Menu
2. Right click on "My Computer"
3. Select "Properties"
4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
5. Click on "Device Manager"
6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your USB adapter is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
8. Go back to your map software program that you use to transfer data and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

If you need drivers go here

USB to Serial Adapter driver downloads and documentation

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your USB Adapter (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.
Save the selections in the usual way. The USB converter will be permanently assigned to the port you selected

thanks i will buy a lead off of amazon and try also does this need to be done on a windows laptop as i have mac and downloaded far files for loader and bin file but mac won't open them

hi can you post link to the firmware i need for my a780 tried a bin file 1111? but keep getting the downloading is not requested have tied every com port and com3 is the only one that shows box connected on loader but doesn't show in device manager i can't change settings has it is a work laptop i have a windows 8 laptop and have tried downloading drivers but in device manager it doesn't show any com ports only my work laptop does
so i am hoping it is just the wrong firmware I'm trying to flash with
thanks chocco

yes i did but was trying to load firmware from the beginning of this thread lol will try new one you posted now
thanks

for the dopey people that cant see what image to use,its on post 465:binoculars::whistling:

and you need a nline test line to input into box

the dopey person just tried with new firmware still getting the same message the downloading is not requested might have to give up and buy a new box but will give it another go tomorrow first

help needed can see port connected but still get the download is not requested have tried all 3 usb ports all come up with different com ports and all can be seen but still same message
what am i doing wrong
chocco

Is your null modem cable a "null modem cable" and make sure your box is ON before you hit the "start" button on loader and then turn off and on again..its all in the timing

ok i am using a null cable to usb, computer can see cable i then set to correct port on what is says it is connected to in loader i have tried all the ways of switching on then off and then back on again i can see the computer spinning as if its trying to connect then the message comes up the downloading is not requested. i have tried this on 2 computers using 6 different usb ports which i then change com on loader to match
still no joy.i have also tried 2 leads one of which came with disc to load drivers onto computer
come on whizz kids what is wrong
chocco

on another guide hiteck did it shows usb adapter and null modem cable connected together to pc and box,wonder is your usb cable a serial and the null modem cable has the cross over wire for correct flashing.

i thought i needed an rs232 cable is that the wrong cable as i think my lead and drivers say seriel on screen not null

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

just googled null modem to usb and it comes up rs232 series lead so i must have correct lead

maybe it seems the leads i have don't have crossover wire would that be the problem they do have the pl2303 chipset

Back